Rotating cagrilintide with eloralintide?

cythehun

Explorer
Joined
Mar 11, 2026
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
Spokane, WA
After a few weeks of stacking tirz with cag, the cag quits doing anything for me, so I have to pause it and then begin cag again a few weeks later. For those weeks in between, would using elora instead be a sensible move?
 
Because both of them target the same pathway, it's possible that alternating them won't do anything either.
 
I have never come across a report of cagri working and then quitting on someone that fast. What are your tirz and cagri doses? How much weight have you dropped, and across what period? Starting weight, goal weight, age, height, and so on? How long did you stay on cagri, and how long is each break you take from it?

The only tolerance that moves fast, or at least not at a snail's pace (months), that I have run into concerns the GI side effects of GLP-1 drugs. I am not aware of anything in the studies pointing to tolerance to these when cagri is involved, nor of anything indicating the appetite suppression can fade, and with the GLP-1 drugs it clearly does not appear to happen.

Elora's biggest plus is that it beats cargi on weight loss and comes with fewer side effects. Trying it instead is not a problem, but I do not think switching back and forth between different ones is a great idea. If your body oddly builds tolerance to cagri so quickly, then elora may well do the same for you. I take it that does not happen with tirz?
 
lessthanhalf said:

I have never come across a report of cagri working and then quitting on someone that fast. What are your tirz and cagri doses? How much weight have you dropped, and across what period? Starting weight, goal weight, age, height, and so on? How long did you stay on cagri, and how long is each break you take from it?

The only tolerance that moves fast, or at least not at a snail's pace (months), that I have run into concerns the GI side effects of GLP-1 drugs. I am not aware of anything in the studies pointing to tolerance to these when cagri is involved, nor of anything indicating the appetite suppression can fade, and with the GLP-1 drugs it clearly does not appear to happen.

Elora's biggest plus is that it beats cargi on weight loss and comes with fewer side effects. Trying it instead is not a problem, but I do not think switching back and forth between different ones is a great idea. If your body oddly builds tolerance to cagri so quickly, then elora may well do the same for you. I take it that does not happen with tirz?
I'm curious to find out what my numbers will add to this conversation.

These days I'm in maintenance. Starting weight 195, goal weight 140, current weight 139. I stand 5'5". 68 yom. I've been on Tirz since Jan, and on Cag since Apr. Fatigue is the only side-effect I've run into. Right now I take: tirz 15mg/wk (split dose), cag 3.5mg/wk.

Getting steady appetite suppression was why I brought cag into the mix. On its own, tirz doesn't deliver that reliably. My cag starting point was 0.25 mg, and I raised it whenever the appetite suppression faded out. Instead of continuing to push my cag dose higher, I simply quit it. Once 3 weeks had passed I restarted, and it did its job well for a couple weeks, but once more it's dropping off in effectiveness.

Elora has gotten positive reviews, so I was hoping it might hold its effectiveness more steadily than cag does.
 
cythehun said:


Combining tirz with cag, after a few weeks cag stops working and I have to stop and restart cag after a few weeks. Would it make sense to switch to elora for those weeks instead?

Click to expand...

Cag loses its effect far faster than elora, plain and simple. Having used both, elora wins by a wide margin. On top of that, elora lets you push the dose much higher than cag (people have gone up to 9mg with no problems).

I made the change to elora and I'm sitting at 2mg right now, and it's working great. I won't go back to cag. It got me past plateaus, and there's also the fact that you aren't stimulating calcitonin. It rarely comes up, but why stimulate a receptor that has nothing to do with weight loss? I don't want that. For weight loss, less non specific binding is what I prefer. Elora is also a more stable molecule without the same fibril propensity that cag has. You don't need acetic acid to keep it stable longer. Another plus for elora is its half life, which is longer, so it builds up in your system more than cag does and reaches higher blood concentrations at the same dosages once at steady state.

When you add it all up, the only real drawbacks with elora are cost and how hard it is to get. If the money isn't an issue, don't look back.
 
I don't really have a solid answer for you beyond giving elora a shot and finding out what it does in your case. Reading the studies plus the thousands of personal accounts posted here, you do start to develop a sense of how people typically respond to the widely used GLP drugs. With cagri, though, the pool of data simply isn't that large. On here, most folks who use it stack a low dose on top of tirz or reta, generally at the max dose of those, and generally while trying to shed a large amount of weight, but the number using it at higher doses isn't huge. I'm not certain whether any cagri or cagrisema studies included longer term follow up, but if such info exists I haven't come across it. There's no logical reason tolerance couldn't develop with cagri, simply because it doesn't really seem to happen with the GLP drugs. Or maybe your reaction to it is just out of the ordinary.

Another route, I suppose, is simply larger tirz doses, or throwing in some reta. Whether that would do the trick depends heavily on which side effects you experience from 15mg of tirz. I only began GLP drugs after most of the weight was already gone - 70kg - so the point of them for me was to cut down relentless hunger. 15mg of tirz did a decent job with few side effects and brought it down considerably, but I was still quite hungry, so I added reta at around 5mg, which clearly made a difference, and over the following year or so I dropped another 14 kg. Right now I'm on tirz 15/ reta 8mg / cagri 0.5mg and down 56% in weight.
 
Back
Top