Right-Hand Numbness in the Ring, Middle, and Index Fingers: Could a Peptide Be Responsible?

PAPoots

Explorer
Joined
Jun 6, 2025
Messages
89
Reaction score
0
Location
Fishers/Indiana
On my right hand, numbness has begun affecting those fingers while I sleep, and it also shows up during PC work.

Over the past 6 months, my cycles have included Reta, SS-31, NAD+, Epitalon, Glow70, Tesamorelin and Ipamorelin. Does anyone know whether these peps can bring on numbness?

Hoping it might make a difference, I added Vitamin B to my mix. That did not help, unfortunately. Zinc and Magnesium are also part of what I take.
 
Carpal tunnel syndrome can result from tesamorelin and ipamorelin. This is a well-documented adverse effect associated with HGH and growth hormone secretagogues.
 
Whenever this occurs for me — and it happens fairly often, going back well before I ever touched peptides — the usual culprit is a nerve getting pinched in my neck. Chiropractic visits aren't something I do regularly, but when I do go, I let them know which fingers are numb and on which side, and after an adjustment things tend to settle down for a period of time.
 
The person who posted before me makes a good point – this sounds like carpal tunnel syndrome. Do some research on the condition – treatment options do exist.

Tesamorelin and Ipamorelin are part of my routine as well, and luckily I haven't experienced any side effects up to this point.
 
Good thing the pinky and the 2 fingers beside it aren’t affected. That pattern usually points to a pinched ulnar nerve, and it’s miserable. Don’t ask me how I found out 🙄
 
Someone else pointing to carpal tunnel as the culprit behind gh secretogoblin. Best to ease off it; an igf1 test might be worth doing. A wrist brace exists that stops your hands from flopping inward while you sleep, which can otherwise hurt the nerve.
 
GLP1s are recognized for causing peripheral neuropathy as an adverse effect. It shows up more frequently among diabetics who use GLP1s, but still. I am not a physician, so all I can offer is what my own approach would be, not a recommendation for you. My move would be to stop every medication that might be playing a role - tesa, ipa and reta - and then, provided the symptoms clear up, reintroduce them one by one, perhaps a single one every month, until the offender is identified. That said, this is just my personal course of action. Wishing you well, and please deal with it while healing is still possible.
 
Peotidethrowaway said:

Good thing the pinky and the 2 fingers beside it aren’t affected. That pattern usually points to a pinched ulnar nerve, and it’s miserable. Don’t ask me how I found out 🙄
I've been through the same thing — 6 months of pure misery!
 
Since your pinky isn’t involved, that points strongly to carpal tunnel. Most likely the GH secretagogues are causing fluid retention, which then compresses the nerve as it travels through the wrist tunnel.
 
Different problem from mine, but once I'd dropped the bulk of my excess weight, my arm started going numb during sleep. The sensation ran along the arm and was most noticeable in 2 fingers on my right side. With the fat no longer padding my arm, it appeared that ordinary pressure—just from lying it on the mattress—was enough to irritate the nerve. My elbow turned out to be where the compression happened. What fixed it was an elbow pad with cushioning, which relieved the pressure on the nerve. In time, things sorted themselves out, and now I can sleep through the night without the pad.

When you lose a lot of weight, your body doesn't always reshape itself in the way you'd expect.
 
Since the peptides you're using raise growth hormone, and carpal tunnel syndrome is a widely recognized and very frequent consequence of elevated growth hormone, the move here is to quit Tesamorelin and Ipamorelin or at minimum cut the dose back a lot. If things don't improve, or the numbness turns constant, get a doctor involved too — nerve damage can become permanent without much difficulty. Should you decide to continue at a lower dose in order to lower the chance of short- or long-term problems, IGF-1 and blood glucose testing are worth doing. Considering that this side effect caught you by surprise, it might be worth reading up on the adverse effects of whatever peptides you're on. I don't mean any disrespect — it's simply wise to understand what you're signing up for.
 
I'd put my bet on the Tes/Ipa combo as well. Did you get any bloodwork done lately? (Funny enough, I had my own bloods drawn just today 😇)

If you're experimenting with GH peptides, it's wise to get labs at the beginning and then every 2 months or so to monitor your levels.

What's your daily dosage of Tes and Ipa?
 
lessthanhalf said:

Since the peptides you're using raise growth hormone, and carpal tunnel syndrome is a widely recognized and very frequent consequence of elevated growth hormone, the move here is to quit Tesamorelin and Ipamorelin or at minimum cut the dose back a lot. If things don't improve, or the numbness turns constant, get a doctor involved too — nerve damage can become permanent without much difficulty. Should you decide to continue at a lower dose in order to lower the chance of short- or long-term problems, IGF-1 and blood glucose testing are worth doing. Considering that this side effect caught you by surprise, it might be worth reading up on the adverse effects of whatever peptides you're on. I don't mean any disrespect — it's simply wise to understand what you're signing up for.
After looking into it, I asked a similar thing on reddit, since I came across water retention possibly being a problem. Taking a water pill along with vitamin B has been helpful for me.
 
I stopped the IPA/TESA for 2 days, and the numbness went away completely. So my plan is to start again today, but lower the Tesa from 500mcg to 1.25MG per day. The dose breaks down as 1mg from the Tesa vial plus 250mcg from the Tesa/IPA blend. I take both in the evening.

I was under the impression that PIA and Tesa were meant to strengthen immunity, yet I just recovered from a rough 3 day cold. Previously, only the Flu had kept me down that long.

I suppose when next winter comes, I'll check out a peptide aimed at immune support.
 
PAPoots said:

I stopped the IPA/TESA for 2 days, and the numbness went away completely. So my plan is to start again today, but lower the Tesa from 500mcg to 1.25MG per day. The dose breaks down as 1mg from the Tesa vial plus 250mcg from the Tesa/IPA blend. I take both in the evening.

I was under the impression that PIA and Tesa were meant to strengthen immunity, yet I just recovered from a rough 3 day cold. Previously, only the Flu had kept me down that long.

I suppose when next winter comes, I'll check out a peptide aimed at immune support.

Thymosin Alpha 1


Aesis Research Library


A peptide research database with open access, intended for researchers and healthcare professionals.

Image unavailable

aesis.health
 
Blimey, I paused the Tesa for roughly 7 days. After that I began again with a low dose, and the CPS returned strongly. This morning I took 2x the epelerone, hoping the problem is fluid-related. Even just lifting my phone to write this has made my left hand numb. Tesa is seriously powerful stuff.
 
Back
Top