CNCCurrency
Explorer
What makes this relevant to you?exploitedworkerbee said:
Even a stopped clock shows the correct time twice daily.GTS97 said:
And people say he’s ssSssSsssSssooOooOooOO HORRIBLE![]()
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
What makes this relevant to you?exploitedworkerbee said:
Even a stopped clock shows the correct time twice daily.GTS97 said:
And people say he’s ssSssSsssSssooOooOooOO HORRIBLE![]()
That's no different from any other medication — so why should peptides be exempt from at least having safety data?CNCCurrency said:
What do you mean? After they are rescheduled, compounders will be permitted to produce them once more! A doctor's prescription is still required.ltjltj said:
Peptides are simply drugs. Why would they all be made available automatically to everyone through compounding, without regard to what the data says about their safety and efficacy?CNCCurrency said:
Wait, what? This guy backs peptides! He takes them himselfltjltj said:
The filter keeps flagging most of what I wanted to say as prohibited content, and I honestly can't work out why
I'm not convinced health is the real motive here. We'll find out soon enough who sits on the panel that signs off on this, and whether things like Melanotan 2 end up getting "approved". I have no desire to return to the days of pre-FDA snake oil and poison peddlers.
With far less pharma and far more of him, GLP-1 drugs and vaccines wouldn't exist — and I want both of those very much.
I don't get what your problem is with this. At the moment, where do you actually source your GLP-1 and your other peptides?ltjltj said:
That's no different from any other medication — so why should peptides be exempt from at least having safety data?CNCCurrency said:
What do you mean? After they are rescheduled, compounders will be permitted to produce them once more! A doctor's prescription is still required.ltjltj said:
Peptides are simply drugs. Why would they all be made available automatically to everyone through compounding, without regard to what the data says about their safety and efficacy?CNCCurrency said:
Wait, what? This guy backs peptides! He takes them himselfltjltj said:
The filter keeps flagging most of what I wanted to say as prohibited content, and I honestly can't work out why
I'm not convinced health is the real motive here. We'll find out soon enough who sits on the panel that signs off on this, and whether things like Melanotan 2 end up getting "approved". I have no desire to return to the days of pre-FDA snake oil and poison peddlers.
With far less pharma and far more of him, GLP-1 drugs and vaccines wouldn't exist — and I want both of those very much.
(As for efficacy, that's arguable, but since I'm quite open to off-label use, I'm far less worried about proof of efficacy in this area than I am about safety.)
I also don't see any reason why peptides should be reviewed by a separate panel compared with other kinds of drugs.
Broadly speaking, I'm very open to a pathway that assesses drugs backed by substantial data — particularly ones already approved elsewhere — without a sponsoring company driving them through. That fits a couple of the peptides on the list, but not the majority. So, as I said above, let's see who ends up on this panel, and what safety justification is given for the ones that pass and get approved. It's still early.
staffn1 said:
Two buckets ought to exist: one for things the FDA has approved, one for things it hasn't. Just label them that way and leave the decision to individuals. The non-FDA-approved bucket would cover every wild energy shot, supplement, peptide and so on, unless a given company chose to pursue the FDA path. The majority of people simply don't care. After all, the government already permits you to put seriously harmful substances into your body (provided you're past a certain age).
Is it accurate that GLP-1s are unapproved FDA drugs with a severe shortage of safety data? No. (As of today Reta is unapproved, though there is certainly no shortage of safety data on it.) Arguing that doctors should prescribe some of the peps on that list even without safety data also opens up an enormous can of malpractice worms.CNCCurrency said:
I don't get what your problem is with this. At the moment, where do you actually source your GLP-1 and your other peptides?ltjltj said:
That's no different from any other medication — so why should peptides be exempt from at least having safety data?CNCCurrency said:
What do you mean? After they are rescheduled, compounders will be permitted to produce them once more! A doctor's prescription is still required.ltjltj said:
Peptides are simply drugs. Why would they all be made available automatically to everyone through compounding, without regard to what the data says about their safety and efficacy?CNCCurrency said:
Wait, what? This guy backs peptides! He takes them himselfltjltj said:
The filter keeps flagging most of what I wanted to say as prohibited content, and I honestly can't work out why
I'm not convinced health is the real motive here. We'll find out soon enough who sits on the panel that signs off on this, and whether things like Melanotan 2 end up getting "approved". I have no desire to return to the days of pre-FDA snake oil and poison peddlers.
With far less pharma and far more of him, GLP-1 drugs and vaccines wouldn't exist — and I want both of those very much.
(As for efficacy, that's arguable, but since I'm quite open to off-label use, I'm far less worried about proof of efficacy in this area than I am about safety.)
I also don't see any reason why peptides should be reviewed by a separate panel compared with other kinds of drugs.
Broadly speaking, I'm very open to a pathway that assesses drugs backed by substantial data — particularly ones already approved elsewhere — without a sponsoring company driving them through. That fits a couple of the peptides on the list, but not the majority. So, as I said above, let's see who ends up on this panel, and what safety justification is given for the ones that pass and get approved. It's still early.
When a GLP-1 isn't the brand-name product, then correct — it isn't an FDA-approved drug. In other words, compounded GLP-1s lack FDA approval.ltjltj said:
Is it accurate that GLP-1s are unapproved FDA drugs with a severe shortage of safety data? No. (As of today Reta is unapproved, though there is certainly no shortage of safety data on it.) Arguing that doctors should prescribe some of the peps on that list even without safety data also opens up an enormous can of malpractice worms.CNCCurrency said:
I don't get what your problem is with this. At the moment, where do you actually source your GLP-1 and your other peptides?ltjltj said:
That's no different from any other medication — so why should peptides be exempt from at least having safety data?CNCCurrency said:
What do you mean? After they are rescheduled, compounders will be permitted to produce them once more! A doctor's prescription is still required.ltjltj said:
Peptides are simply drugs. Why would they all be made available automatically to everyone through compounding, without regard to what the data says about their safety and efficacy?CNCCurrency said:
Wait, what? This guy backs peptides! He takes them himselfltjltj said:
The filter keeps flagging most of what I wanted to say as prohibited content, and I honestly can't work out why
I'm not convinced health is the real motive here. We'll find out soon enough who sits on the panel that signs off on this, and whether things like Melanotan 2 end up getting "approved". I have no desire to return to the days of pre-FDA snake oil and poison peddlers.
With far less pharma and far more of him, GLP-1 drugs and vaccines wouldn't exist — and I want both of those very much.
(As for efficacy, that's arguable, but since I'm quite open to off-label use, I'm far less worried about proof of efficacy in this area than I am about safety.)
I also don't see any reason why peptides should be reviewed by a separate panel compared with other kinds of drugs.
Broadly speaking, I'm very open to a pathway that assesses drugs backed by substantial data — particularly ones already approved elsewhere — without a sponsoring company driving them through. That fits a couple of the peptides on the list, but not the majority. So, as I said above, let's see who ends up on this panel, and what safety justification is given for the ones that pass and get approved. It's still early.
Like I said, I have no idea how this will shake out - I floated some plausible outcomes (an approval path for drugs that have safety data but no corporate muscle behind them), but the FDA going full YOLO across the board runs completely against its mission.
Do you think any compound a company comes up with ought to be obtainable through compounding before safety data exists? If you don't, then why should peptides be treated as a special category of drug that justifies skipping that safety step?
I feel like we're not really hearing each other. As far as I'm concerned, my position on the safety evidence is straightforward. If what you're saying is that compounded GLP-1 has no safety evidence behind it while pharma GLP-1 does, then that's a distinction we'll just have to disagree on.CNCCurrency said:
When a GLP-1 isn't the brand-name product, then correct — it isn't an FDA-approved drug. In other words, compounded GLP-1s lack FDA approval.ltjltj said:
Is it accurate that GLP-1s are unapproved FDA drugs with a severe shortage of safety data? No. (As of today Reta is unapproved, though there is certainly no shortage of safety data on it.) Arguing that doctors should prescribe some of the peps on that list even without safety data also opens up an enormous can of malpractice worms.CNCCurrency said:
I don't get what your problem is with this. At the moment, where do you actually source your GLP-1 and your other peptides?ltjltj said:
That's no different from any other medication — so why should peptides be exempt from at least having safety data?CNCCurrency said:
What do you mean? After they are rescheduled, compounders will be permitted to produce them once more! A doctor's prescription is still required.ltjltj said:
Peptides are simply drugs. Why would they all be made available automatically to everyone through compounding, without regard to what the data says about their safety and efficacy?CNCCurrency said:
Wait, what? This guy backs peptides! He takes them himselfltjltj said:
The filter keeps flagging most of what I wanted to say as prohibited content, and I honestly can't work out why
I'm not convinced health is the real motive here. We'll find out soon enough who sits on the panel that signs off on this, and whether things like Melanotan 2 end up getting "approved". I have no desire to return to the days of pre-FDA snake oil and poison peddlers.
With far less pharma and far more of him, GLP-1 drugs and vaccines wouldn't exist — and I want both of those very much.
(As for efficacy, that's arguable, but since I'm quite open to off-label use, I'm far less worried about proof of efficacy in this area than I am about safety.)
I also don't see any reason why peptides should be reviewed by a separate panel compared with other kinds of drugs.
Broadly speaking, I'm very open to a pathway that assesses drugs backed by substantial data — particularly ones already approved elsewhere — without a sponsoring company driving them through. That fits a couple of the peptides on the list, but not the majority. So, as I said above, let's see who ends up on this panel, and what safety justification is given for the ones that pass and get approved. It's still early.
Like I said, I have no idea how this will shake out - I floated some plausible outcomes (an approval path for drugs that have safety data but no corporate muscle behind them), but the FDA going full YOLO across the board runs completely against its mission.
Do you think any compound a company comes up with ought to be obtainable through compounding before safety data exists? If you don't, then why should peptides be treated as a special category of drug that justifies skipping that safety step?
The same argument applies to the peptides they're looking to reschedule. You still haven't said where yours come from?ltjltj said:
I feel like we're not really hearing each other. As far as I'm concerned, my position on the safety evidence is straightforward. If what you're saying is that compounded GLP-1 has no safety evidence behind it while pharma GLP-1 does, then that's a distinction we'll just have to disagree on.CNCCurrency said:
When a GLP-1 isn't the brand-name product, then correct — it isn't an FDA-approved drug. In other words, compounded GLP-1s lack FDA approval.ltjltj said:
Is it accurate that GLP-1s are unapproved FDA drugs with a severe shortage of safety data? No. (As of today Reta is unapproved, though there is certainly no shortage of safety data on it.) Arguing that doctors should prescribe some of the peps on that list even without safety data also opens up an enormous can of malpractice worms.CNCCurrency said:
I don't get what your problem is with this. At the moment, where do you actually source your GLP-1 and your other peptides?ltjltj said:
That's no different from any other medication — so why should peptides be exempt from at least having safety data?CNCCurrency said:
What do you mean? After they are rescheduled, compounders will be permitted to produce them once more! A doctor's prescription is still required.ltjltj said:
Peptides are simply drugs. Why would they all be made available automatically to everyone through compounding, without regard to what the data says about their safety and efficacy?CNCCurrency said:
Wait, what? This guy backs peptides! He takes them himselfltjltj said:
The filter keeps flagging most of what I wanted to say as prohibited content, and I honestly can't work out why
I'm not convinced health is the real motive here. We'll find out soon enough who sits on the panel that signs off on this, and whether things like Melanotan 2 end up getting "approved". I have no desire to return to the days of pre-FDA snake oil and poison peddlers.
With far less pharma and far more of him, GLP-1 drugs and vaccines wouldn't exist — and I want both of those very much.
(As for efficacy, that's arguable, but since I'm quite open to off-label use, I'm far less worried about proof of efficacy in this area than I am about safety.)
I also don't see any reason why peptides should be reviewed by a separate panel compared with other kinds of drugs.
Broadly speaking, I'm very open to a pathway that assesses drugs backed by substantial data — particularly ones already approved elsewhere — without a sponsoring company driving them through. That fits a couple of the peptides on the list, but not the majority. So, as I said above, let's see who ends up on this panel, and what safety justification is given for the ones that pass and get approved. It's still early.
Like I said, I have no idea how this will shake out - I floated some plausible outcomes (an approval path for drugs that have safety data but no corporate muscle behind them), but the FDA going full YOLO across the board runs completely against its mission.
Do you think any compound a company comes up with ought to be obtainable through compounding before safety data exists? If you don't, then why should peptides be treated as a special category of drug that justifies skipping that safety step?
For the majority of the peptides on that list, that claim simply doesn't hold up. How many of them have an FDA-approved commercial counterpart? How many are supported by meaningful safety data?CNCCurrency said:
The same argument applies to the peptides they're looking to reschedule. You still haven't said where yours come from?ltjltj said:
I feel like we're not really hearing each other. As far as I'm concerned, my position on the safety evidence is straightforward. If what you're saying is that compounded GLP-1 has no safety evidence behind it while pharma GLP-1 does, then that's a distinction we'll just have to disagree on.CNCCurrency said:
When a GLP-1 isn't the brand-name product, then correct — it isn't an FDA-approved drug. In other words, compounded GLP-1s lack FDA approval.ltjltj said:
Is it accurate that GLP-1s are unapproved FDA drugs with a severe shortage of safety data? No. (As of today Reta is unapproved, though there is certainly no shortage of safety data on it.) Arguing that doctors should prescribe some of the peps on that list even without safety data also opens up an enormous can of malpractice worms.CNCCurrency said:
I don't get what your problem is with this. At the moment, where do you actually source your GLP-1 and your other peptides?ltjltj said:
That's no different from any other medication — so why should peptides be exempt from at least having safety data?CNCCurrency said:
What do you mean? After they are rescheduled, compounders will be permitted to produce them once more! A doctor's prescription is still required.ltjltj said:
Peptides are simply drugs. Why would they all be made available automatically to everyone through compounding, without regard to what the data says about their safety and efficacy?CNCCurrency said:
Wait, what? This guy backs peptides! He takes them himselfltjltj said:
The filter keeps flagging most of what I wanted to say as prohibited content, and I honestly can't work out why
I'm not convinced health is the real motive here. We'll find out soon enough who sits on the panel that signs off on this, and whether things like Melanotan 2 end up getting "approved". I have no desire to return to the days of pre-FDA snake oil and poison peddlers.
With far less pharma and far more of him, GLP-1 drugs and vaccines wouldn't exist — and I want both of those very much.
(As for efficacy, that's arguable, but since I'm quite open to off-label use, I'm far less worried about proof of efficacy in this area than I am about safety.)
I also don't see any reason why peptides should be reviewed by a separate panel compared with other kinds of drugs.
Broadly speaking, I'm very open to a pathway that assesses drugs backed by substantial data — particularly ones already approved elsewhere — without a sponsoring company driving them through. That fits a couple of the peptides on the list, but not the majority. So, as I said above, let's see who ends up on this panel, and what safety justification is given for the ones that pass and get approved. It's still early.
Like I said, I have no idea how this will shake out - I floated some plausible outcomes (an approval path for drugs that have safety data but no corporate muscle behind them), but the FDA going full YOLO across the board runs completely against its mission.
Do you think any compound a company comes up with ought to be obtainable through compounding before safety data exists? If you don't, then why should peptides be treated as a special category of drug that justifies skipping that safety step?
On this forum, that view almost certainly makes you an outlier.ltjltj said:
In absolutely no way can it be said for most of the peps on their list - which of those have a commercial FDA-approved equivalent? Which have notable safety data to back them up?
Sigh...
I'm not answering your question because it's irrelevant and a distraction. FWIW, I'm not comfortable personally injecting any compound that doesn't have safety data to back it up, which so far has kept me to compounds that are FDA approved (I'd extend that to something like Reta given the published data, but I haven't felt the need). So, my personal standard applies - I wouldn't take the compounds that I don't think the FDA should approve. I'm not personally concerned with the sourcing path for said compounds (commercial vs compound), and in the case of grey market I think that appropriate testing can manage that risk.
Click to expand...
That works for me 100%! Honestly, I doubt that's accurate. Going from a drug with solid research behind it to ones that have barely been studied, simply because their chemical structures look alike, is a big stretch. Regardless, it doesn't seem to matter much. Are you implying that means I'm unwelcome here or something?CNCCurrency said:
Well that definitely puts you in the minority on this forum.
Click to expand...
Criticizing pharma is legitimate, but that doesn't justify throwing out science or evidence based practice.GTS97 said:
There is a ton of information you can read that will show you that big med companies do not have our best interests in mind. We definitely don’t need to get into that debate, but that much is true.
And if he is so horrible, then why is he doing so many things, like this, in the name of health? Someone objectively horrible wouldn’t do anything helpful.
Click to expand...
On its face it looks straightforward, yet it overlooks the way risk truly functions. Saying something is “not FDA approved” gives no indication of whether the danger is minimal or possibly serious — it simply throws every substance into one bucket. Few people possess the knowledge needed to sort out that distinction.staffn1 said:
Two buckets ought to exist: one for things the FDA has approved, one for things it hasn't. Just label them that way and leave the decision to individuals. The non-FDA-approved bucket would cover every wild energy shot, supplement, peptide and so on, unless a given company chose to pursue the FDA path. The majority of people simply don't care. After all, the government already permits you to put seriously harmful substances into your body (provided you're past a certain age).
CNCCurrency said:
When a GLP-1 isn't the brand-name product, then correct — it isn't an FDA-approved drug. In other words, compounded GLP-1s lack FDA approval.ltjltj said:
Is it accurate that GLP-1s are unapproved FDA drugs with a severe shortage of safety data? No. (As of today Reta is unapproved, though there is certainly no shortage of safety data on it.) Arguing that doctors should prescribe some of the peps on that list even without safety data also opens up an enormous can of malpractice worms.CNCCurrency said:
I don't get what your problem is with this. At the moment, where do you actually source your GLP-1 and your other peptides?ltjltj said:
That's no different from any other medication — so why should peptides be exempt from at least having safety data?CNCCurrency said:
What do you mean? After they are rescheduled, compounders will be permitted to produce them once more! A doctor's prescription is still required.ltjltj said:
Peptides are simply drugs. Why would they all be made available automatically to everyone through compounding, without regard to what the data says about their safety and efficacy?CNCCurrency said:
Wait, what? This guy backs peptides! He takes them himselfltjltj said:
The filter keeps flagging most of what I wanted to say as prohibited content, and I honestly can't work out why
I'm not convinced health is the real motive here. We'll find out soon enough who sits on the panel that signs off on this, and whether things like Melanotan 2 end up getting "approved". I have no desire to return to the days of pre-FDA snake oil and poison peddlers.
With far less pharma and far more of him, GLP-1 drugs and vaccines wouldn't exist — and I want both of those very much.
(As for efficacy, that's arguable, but since I'm quite open to off-label use, I'm far less worried about proof of efficacy in this area than I am about safety.)
I also don't see any reason why peptides should be reviewed by a separate panel compared with other kinds of drugs.
Broadly speaking, I'm very open to a pathway that assesses drugs backed by substantial data — particularly ones already approved elsewhere — without a sponsoring company driving them through. That fits a couple of the peptides on the list, but not the majority. So, as I said above, let's see who ends up on this panel, and what safety justification is given for the ones that pass and get approved. It's still early.
Like I said, I have no idea how this will shake out - I floated some plausible outcomes (an approval path for drugs that have safety data but no corporate muscle behind them), but the FDA going full YOLO across the board runs completely against its mission.
Do you think any compound a company comes up with ought to be obtainable through compounding before safety data exists? If you don't, then why should peptides be treated as a special category of drug that justifies skipping that safety step?
Someone who looks into things on their own and makes their own call about what works for them?CNCCurrency said:
Well that definitely puts you in the minority on this forum.
Click to expand...
What are you talking about? If it isn't a brand-name product, then there's no FDA approval behind it. Every compounded version is produced differently, and because of that none of them carry FDA approval.Jfrick11 said:
CNCCurrency said:
When a GLP-1 isn't the brand-name product, then correct — it isn't an FDA-approved drug. In other words, compounded GLP-1s lack FDA approval.ltjltj said:
Is it accurate that GLP-1s are unapproved FDA drugs with a severe shortage of safety data? No. (As of today Reta is unapproved, though there is certainly no shortage of safety data on it.) Arguing that doctors should prescribe some of the peps on that list even without safety data also opens up an enormous can of malpractice worms.CNCCurrency said:
I don't get what your problem is with this. At the moment, where do you actually source your GLP-1 and your other peptides?ltjltj said:
That's no different from any other medication — so why should peptides be exempt from at least having safety data?CNCCurrency said:
What do you mean? After they are rescheduled, compounders will be permitted to produce them once more! A doctor's prescription is still required.ltjltj said:
Peptides are simply drugs. Why would they all be made available automatically to everyone through compounding, without regard to what the data says about their safety and efficacy?CNCCurrency said:
Wait, what? This guy backs peptides! He takes them himselfltjltj said:
The filter keeps flagging most of what I wanted to say as prohibited content, and I honestly can't work out why
I'm not convinced health is the real motive here. We'll find out soon enough who sits on the panel that signs off on this, and whether things like Melanotan 2 end up getting "approved". I have no desire to return to the days of pre-FDA snake oil and poison peddlers.
With far less pharma and far more of him, GLP-1 drugs and vaccines wouldn't exist — and I want both of those very much.
(As for efficacy, that's arguable, but since I'm quite open to off-label use, I'm far less worried about proof of efficacy in this area than I am about safety.)
I also don't see any reason why peptides should be reviewed by a separate panel compared with other kinds of drugs.
Broadly speaking, I'm very open to a pathway that assesses drugs backed by substantial data — particularly ones already approved elsewhere — without a sponsoring company driving them through. That fits a couple of the peptides on the list, but not the majority. So, as I said above, let's see who ends up on this panel, and what safety justification is given for the ones that pass and get approved. It's still early.
Like I said, I have no idea how this will shake out - I floated some plausible outcomes (an approval path for drugs that have safety data but no corporate muscle behind them), but the FDA going full YOLO across the board runs completely against its mission.
Do you think any compound a company comes up with ought to be obtainable through compounding before safety data exists? If you don't, then why should peptides be treated as a special category of drug that justifies skipping that safety step?
That comparison doesn't hold up.
Yes, compounded GLP1s aren't "FDAapproved products," but the actual drugs in them have been studied extensively and approved, with safety profiles that are well established.
Which means you can't just say....
"So they're basically the same as unapproved, poorly studied peptides"
Huge difference
What you're doing is splitting hairs over regulations.CNCCurrency said:
What are you talking about? If it isn't a brand-name product, then there's no FDA approval behind it. Every compounded version is produced differently, and because of that none of them carry FDA approval.Jfrick11 said:
CNCCurrency said:
When a GLP-1 isn't the brand-name product, then correct — it isn't an FDA-approved drug. In other words, compounded GLP-1s lack FDA approval.ltjltj said:
Is it accurate that GLP-1s are unapproved FDA drugs with a severe shortage of safety data? No. (As of today Reta is unapproved, though there is certainly no shortage of safety data on it.) Arguing that doctors should prescribe some of the peps on that list even without safety data also opens up an enormous can of malpractice worms.CNCCurrency said:
I don't get what your problem is with this. At the moment, where do you actually source your GLP-1 and your other peptides?ltjltj said:
That's no different from any other medication — so why should peptides be exempt from at least having safety data?CNCCurrency said:
What do you mean? After they are rescheduled, compounders will be permitted to produce them once more! A doctor's prescription is still required.ltjltj said:
Peptides are simply drugs. Why would they all be made available automatically to everyone through compounding, without regard to what the data says about their safety and efficacy?CNCCurrency said:
Wait, what? This guy backs peptides! He takes them himselfltjltj said:
The filter keeps flagging most of what I wanted to say as prohibited content, and I honestly can't work out why
I'm not convinced health is the real motive here. We'll find out soon enough who sits on the panel that signs off on this, and whether things like Melanotan 2 end up getting "approved". I have no desire to return to the days of pre-FDA snake oil and poison peddlers.
With far less pharma and far more of him, GLP-1 drugs and vaccines wouldn't exist — and I want both of those very much.
(As for efficacy, that's arguable, but since I'm quite open to off-label use, I'm far less worried about proof of efficacy in this area than I am about safety.)
I also don't see any reason why peptides should be reviewed by a separate panel compared with other kinds of drugs.
Broadly speaking, I'm very open to a pathway that assesses drugs backed by substantial data — particularly ones already approved elsewhere — without a sponsoring company driving them through. That fits a couple of the peptides on the list, but not the majority. So, as I said above, let's see who ends up on this panel, and what safety justification is given for the ones that pass and get approved. It's still early.
Like I said, I have no idea how this will shake out - I floated some plausible outcomes (an approval path for drugs that have safety data but no corporate muscle behind them), but the FDA going full YOLO across the board runs completely against its mission.
Do you think any compound a company comes up with ought to be obtainable through compounding before safety data exists? If you don't, then why should peptides be treated as a special category of drug that justifies skipping that safety step?
That comparison doesn't hold up.
Yes, compounded GLP1s aren't "FDAapproved products," but the actual drugs in them have been studied extensively and approved, with safety profiles that are well established.
Which means you can't just say....
"So they're basically the same as unapproved, poorly studied peptides"
Huge difference
There can be situations where a compounded drug is the right call — for instance, when a patient's medical need can't be satisfied by an FDA-approved drug, or when that approved drug simply isn't available on the commercial market. That said, compounded drugs do not have FDA approval. What this means is that before such a product reaches the market, the agency has not reviewed it for safety, for effectiveness, or for quality.
For compounded GLP-1 drugs, the agency has flagged certain areas of concern. FDA is coordinating with its state regulatory partners on this, and it will keep communicating with compounders about those concerns.
Right. And for those of us keeping GLPs stocked in our freezers 5-10+ years out, the non-GLPs aren't something we stockpile the same way — or even at all.Jfrick11 said:
Being an individual that does his/her/their own research and decides what's best for them?
Thats the forum I belong to I thought
Click to expand...