Review-Based Vendor Ranking System Proposal

neo6488 said:

What I'd most want to have is a way to filter results according to how long someone has been a member or a marketplace here on this forum. It's not a guarantee, but I'm curious about all those vendors that suddenly appeared around September of last year. For my part, I have more trust in vendors who've been established for a while. That's also how I feel about vendors located in the USA, and those who accept payment methods besides crypto.

I suppose I simply don't have faith in individuals who have nothing to lose. Or at least, much less to lose.

From September through December, they bring on far more staff than needed because of the "new years resolution people." As plenty of folks have caught on, it's simply one vendor operating under multiple names to handle the volume. After that, they vanish—not unlike seasonal work.
 
neo6488 said:

What I'd most want to have is a way to filter results according to how long someone has been a member or a marketplace here on this forum. It's not a guarantee, but I'm curious about all those vendors that suddenly appeared around September of last year. For my part, I have more trust in vendors who've been established for a while. That's also how I feel about vendors located in the USA, and those who accept payment methods besides crypto.

I suppose I simply don't have faith in individuals who have nothing to lose. Or at least, much less to lose.

Sure, I know there are cheaper options out there, and that whole "don't miss out" pull toward deals that seem too good to be real. Still, I've stuck with an older vendor that ships from USA warehouses and — as of now — accepts PayPal.

I'm not blind to the fact that I'm paying a bit more (though it's still WAY less than those sites selling single vials) than what I've seen on some newer vendors' price lists. And yes, anyone could vanish overnight. Even so, to me that little extra cost buys a meaningful drop in risk, and I'm okay with that.
 
Back
Top