Retatrutide Use in Type 1 Diabetes

cabbagepatch

Explorer
Joined
Aug 3, 2025
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Spain
Any insulin-dependent diabetics here on retatrutide (or actually any GLP1)?

Where I live, I can't get Ozempic or any GLP1 through a prescription — my insulin makes it contraindicated, and doctors worry about lows and such.

I'm curious whether you all had to adjust your basel / bolus regieme at all?

My usual routine: 14 units of basel at 8am and 8pm, then bolus 1 unit per 10g carbs 15 minutes before I eat

Given the delayed gastric emptying and eating less, I'm wondering what changes others have run into?
 
I'd also like to know about this — a close friend of mine has asked me the very same thing.
 
I’ve started reading up on this subject and plan to go further with it soon. Should the risk profile turn out acceptable, my partner — who has T1D — would begin a GLP at a low dose. From what I’ve gathered so far (and I’m still at an early stage, so I could be mistaken), my leaning is to skip Reta on the grounds that hypoglycemia seems like a bigger concern with it, while Tirz might be worth trying. His setup includes a Dexcom for monitoring and an Omnipod for delivering insulin, which makes it straightforward to see how his basal and bolus requirements shift. If we move ahead, I’ll come back with an update! Since safety matters most to me, I want to research further before I feel ready for him to start.
 
Back
Top