Retatrutide Not Working After 3 Weeks?

Basically nobody has studied GLP drugs in lean, non-diabetic people. So it's entirely possible the drug behaves differently in someone at 12% body fat versus someone at 30 or 40% body fat — and that heavier range is exactly where every study has been run. On top of that, the metabolic starting point is wildly different between a person whose metabolism and appetite signaling work properly and someone who is obese with metabolic syndrome.

When obese people shed weight, the body does appear to fight harder to hold onto those final pounds of fat by reducing energy expenditure. What goes on when a thin or bodybuilding person tries to push body fat that low, I'm not sure — it's never been examined medically, because it isn't a health concern, it's more of a bodybuilding cutting concern. So I genuinely don't know how strongly the body pushes back against losing those last few kilos of fat in non-obese people, though metabolic adaptations that resist it are plausible.

The straightforward route to more appetite suppression is raising the dose. I didn't read every post here super carefully, but I didn't see much mention of side effects. Low reta doses can deliver solid average weight loss — 1mg - 9% — but it takes a year. If you want results faster, higher doses are likely to be required.
 
miameow said:

I'm lean too, and once I raised my dose to 8mg/wk, my hunger and food noise climbed right along with it. Causation? No idea. Correlation? Definitely. A lot of people claim reta doesn't suppress appetite as well as other GLPs, but in my case it actually left me hungrier. Food was on my mind 24/7.

I thought about switching to tirz, but instead I went with stacking cagri. It appears to be having some effect. When you're glycogen depleted, I doubt that having glucagon in the mix does your hunger levels any favors.

Since cagri hits different receptors, stacking it made more sense than pushing my reta dose even higher. I'm tapering my reta down now - the goal is to get to 1mg alongside cagri, then move over to elora.
For people who are leaner, my impression is that reta hits them a bit differently. Early on, a little hunger can show up, yet over the following weeks that hunger fades away — that was my experience — and I stayed at 1 mg weekly, which I've now been on for 9 weeks. Then, just 7 days ago, I added cagri on top of my reta, and wow, the effect is wild. Hunger remains unchanged — and by unchanged I mean still completely absent — but once cagri entered the picture, satiety reached a whole new level, leaving you feeling full around the clock. I'm with you on pairing cagri with reta, since the two work through separate pathways, both slow gastric emptying and boost satiety and fullness, so they pair well together.
 
If your goal is maintenance plus keeping food noise down, Tirz is the way to go

2,5 mg weekly as 1 pin should do the trick

Alternatively, 4mg reta as a single pin and cruise

At 12% body fat, fat loss is simply harder or happens more slowly

cagri would only demolish your appetite, which isn't what you're after

locate a sweet spot where getting 2100 cal in daily is mildly annoying rather than a painful force feed
 
I'm eating far less than I used to, yet the scale wouldn't budge. I had to push my cardio way up — roughly 2 hours every day. Now the number on the scale is finally moving again. And no, I'm not complaining, haha.
 
Crowreap said:

miameow said:

I'm lean too, and once I raised my dose to 8mg/wk, my hunger and food noise climbed right along with it. Causation? No idea. Correlation? Definitely. A lot of people claim reta doesn't suppress appetite as well as other GLPs, but in my case it actually left me hungrier. Food was on my mind 24/7.

I thought about switching to tirz, but instead I went with stacking cagri. It appears to be having some effect. When you're glycogen depleted, I doubt that having glucagon in the mix does your hunger levels any favors.

Since cagri hits different receptors, stacking it made more sense than pushing my reta dose even higher. I'm tapering my reta down now - the goal is to get to 1mg alongside cagri, then move over to elora.
For people who are leaner, my impression is that reta hits them a bit differently. Early on, a little hunger can show up, yet over the following weeks that hunger fades away — that was my experience — and I stayed at 1 mg weekly, which I've now been on for 9 weeks. Then, just 7 days ago, I added cagri on top of my reta, and wow, the effect is wild. Hunger remains unchanged — and by unchanged I mean still completely absent — but once cagri entered the picture, satiety reached a whole new level, leaving you feeling full around the clock. I'm with you on pairing cagri with reta, since the two work through separate pathways, both slow gastric emptying and boost satiety and fullness, so they pair well together.
Glad you landed on a stack that suits you. My take is that reta/cagri (or elora too) can be a great fit for leaner people, particularly when the goal is to remain on a smaller dose.

With reta, my own path went the other direction: hunger kept climbing over time, to the point of ravenous. Eventually food was basically the only thing on my mind, all day, every day. The scale didn't move either way, and the hunger just kept building. Maybe the glucagon component is simply too strong in my case. My plan is to keep tapering reta down while raising cagri, until I figure out where my sweet spot sits.
 
miameow said:

Crowreap said:

miameow said:

I'm lean too, and once I raised my dose to 8mg/wk, my hunger and food noise climbed right along with it. Causation? No idea. Correlation? Definitely. A lot of people claim reta doesn't suppress appetite as well as other GLPs, but in my case it actually left me hungrier. Food was on my mind 24/7.

I thought about switching to tirz, but instead I went with stacking cagri. It appears to be having some effect. When you're glycogen depleted, I doubt that having glucagon in the mix does your hunger levels any favors.

Since cagri hits different receptors, stacking it made more sense than pushing my reta dose even higher. I'm tapering my reta down now - the goal is to get to 1mg alongside cagri, then move over to elora.
For people who are leaner, my impression is that reta hits them a bit differently. Early on, a little hunger can show up, yet over the following weeks that hunger fades away — that was my experience — and I stayed at 1 mg weekly, which I've now been on for 9 weeks. Then, just 7 days ago, I added cagri on top of my reta, and wow, the effect is wild. Hunger remains unchanged — and by unchanged I mean still completely absent — but once cagri entered the picture, satiety reached a whole new level, leaving you feeling full around the clock. I'm with you on pairing cagri with reta, since the two work through separate pathways, both slow gastric emptying and boost satiety and fullness, so they pair well together.
Glad you landed on a stack that suits you. My take is that reta/cagri (or elora too) can be a great fit for leaner people, particularly when the goal is to remain on a smaller dose.

With reta, my own path went the other direction: hunger kept climbing over time, to the point of ravenous. Eventually food was basically the only thing on my mind, all day, every day. The scale didn't move either way, and the hunger just kept building. Maybe the glucagon component is simply too strong in my case. My plan is to keep tapering reta down while raising cagri, until I figure out where my sweet spot sits.
For me, this combination hits the ideal balance! My take is that these weight loss medications are especially effective for leaner people, since at lower doses there is less total body mass, meaning a higher drug concentration for every pound of body weight.

miameow said:

Crowreap said:

miameow said:

I'm lean too, and once I raised my dose to 8mg/wk, my hunger and food noise climbed right along with it. Causation? No idea. Correlation? Definitely. A lot of people claim reta doesn't suppress appetite as well as other GLPs, but in my case it actually left me hungrier. Food was on my mind 24/7.

I thought about switching to tirz, but instead I went with stacking cagri. It appears to be having some effect. When you're glycogen depleted, I doubt that having glucagon in the mix does your hunger levels any favors.

Since cagri hits different receptors, stacking it made more sense than pushing my reta dose even higher. I'm tapering my reta down now - the goal is to get to 1mg alongside cagri, then move over to elora.
For people who are leaner, my impression is that reta hits them a bit differently. Early on, a little hunger can show up, yet over the following weeks that hunger fades away — that was my experience — and I stayed at 1 mg weekly, which I've now been on for 9 weeks. Then, just 7 days ago, I added cagri on top of my reta, and wow, the effect is wild. Hunger remains unchanged — and by unchanged I mean still completely absent — but once cagri entered the picture, satiety reached a whole new level, leaving you feeling full around the clock. I'm with you on pairing cagri with reta, since the two work through separate pathways, both slow gastric emptying and boost satiety and fullness, so they pair well together.
Glad you landed on a stack that suits you. My take is that reta/cagri (or elora too) can be a great fit for leaner people, particularly when the goal is to remain on a smaller dose.

With reta, my own path went the other direction: hunger kept climbing over time, to the point of ravenous. Eventually food was basically the only thing on my mind, all day, every day. The scale didn't move either way, and the hunger just kept building. Maybe the glucagon component is simply too strong in my case. My plan is to keep tapering reta down while raising cagri, until I figure out where my sweet spot sits.

Yeah, that matched my own thinking. When you increase the reta dosage, the glucagon part ramps up more, so you burn more energy, and that makes you need to eat and feel hungry, which works against what the first 2 receptors are doing. So it is a bit strange and counterintuitive, because you start reta to drop weight and avoid hunger, but if the dose climbs too high, glucagon gets switched on too much, and then you wind up hungry. That is why 1 mg works so well in my case, where I never feel hungry or have cravings, and I do think glucagon is active for me, but not excessively, since I am not hungry, yet I am still getting solid fat loss week over week. So it is a good middle ground
 
Back
Top