Retatrutide Not Working After 3 Weeks?

Don

Explorer
Joined
Apr 30, 2026
Messages
109
Reaction score
0
Location
Europe
Hey everyone, got a quick thing I wanted to ask about with my retatrutide.

I bumped it up to 2 mg not long ago. Prior to that, from April 23rd onward, I was on 1.5 mg every 5 days.

Since the increase, something odd has been going on: my appetite seems to return quite strongly somewhere around day 3–4. I still fill up very quickly while eating, but 3–4 hours afterward I'm ready to eat again.

Earlier on, particularly during the first couple of days following a shot, the appetite suppression came through harder and held steadier.

Right now I'm cutting and sitting near 12% body fat, so it could simply be that my body is resisting more since I'm already relatively lean.

Anyone else run into this? Did I mess something up, or is this simply what diet fatigue/adaptation looks like 🙄?
 
No shock at all. That's the trial starting dose you're on. Were it me, I'd jump to 4 mg weekly and never revisit it.

To put it in context, TRIUMPH-4 trials kick off at 2 mg weekly, stepping up every 4 weeks (2, 4, 6, 9, 12mg).
 
Am I off base here? I've come across plenty of pieces stating that Reta isn't useful for food noise. Its 3rd receptor engages glucagon and tricks the body into burning fat. I'll be running a weekly split of tirzep plus Reta.

Bill
 
Whiynot20026 said:

Am I off base here? I've come across plenty of pieces stating that Reta isn't useful for food noise. Its 3rd receptor engages glucagon and tricks the body into burning fat. I'll be running a weekly split of tirzep plus Reta.

Bill
Yes, you are. Tirzepatide and semaglutide both quiet food noise more than it does, so anyone who has used either before might find its food noise control lacking. For most people with no prior GLP1 use, it quiets food noise well enough.
 
Retatrutide doesn't curb appetite as strongly as tirz or sema. If you want stronger hunger control, you could add tirzepatide on top — that's my own approach. (2.5mg tirz + 1mg reta)

That said, it's typical for hunger to creep back in as the week goes on, because retatrutide (and glp peptides in general) has a half-life of roughly 6 days.

A few people try dividing their weekly dose into smaller shots taken more often, rather than a single injection every 7 days. The weekly total doesn't change, but blood levels might stay steadier with less of a peak-and-trough pattern. For instance, you could try pinning every three days to see whether your appetite responds better.
 
Throwfa said:

Retatrutide doesn't curb appetite as strongly as tirz or sema. If you want stronger hunger control, you could add tirzepatide on top — that's my own approach. (2.5mg tirz + 1mg reta)

That said, it's typical for hunger to creep back in as the week goes on, because retatrutide (and glp peptides in general) has a half-life of roughly 6 days.

A few people try dividing their weekly dose into smaller shots taken more often, rather than a single injection every 7 days. The weekly total doesn't change, but blood levels might stay steadier with less of a peak-and-trough pattern. For instance, you could try pinning every three days to see whether your appetite responds better.
Could someone explain what "pinning" refers to?

Bill
 
Whiynot20026 said:

Throwfa said:

Retatrutide doesn't curb appetite as strongly as tirz or sema. If you want stronger hunger control, you could add tirzepatide on top — that's my own approach. (2.5mg tirz + 1mg reta)

That said, it's typical for hunger to creep back in as the week goes on, because retatrutide (and glp peptides in general) has a half-life of roughly 6 days.

A few people try dividing their weekly dose into smaller shots taken more often, rather than a single injection every 7 days. The weekly total doesn't change, but blood levels might stay steadier with less of a peak-and-trough pattern. For instance, you could try pinning every three days to see whether your appetite responds better.
Could someone explain what "pinning" refers to?

Bill

Giving yourself a shot with a needle
 
V6R3W said:

No shock at all. That's the trial starting dose you're on. Were it me, I'd jump to 4 mg weekly and never revisit it.

To put it in context, TRIUMPH-4 trials kick off at 2 mg weekly, stepping up every 4 weeks (2, 4, 6, 9, 12mg).
I'm going to give this a shot, but honestly it seems like Tirz would be less expensive and more dependable right now, at least when it comes to keeping hunger in check.
 
dondada109 said:

V6R3W said:

No shock at all. That's the trial starting dose you're on. Were it me, I'd jump to 4 mg weekly and never revisit it.

To put it in context, TRIUMPH-4 trials kick off at 2 mg weekly, stepping up every 4 weeks (2, 4, 6, 9, 12mg).
I'm going to give this a shot, but honestly it seems like Tirz would be less expensive and more dependable right now, at least when it comes to keeping hunger in check.
Your objectives determine this. According to clinical trials, the average weight loss is greater with retatrutide.
 
dondada109 said:

Hey everyone, got a quick thing I wanted to ask about with my retatrutide.

I bumped it up to 2 mg not long ago. Prior to that, from April 23rd onward, I was on 1.5 mg every 5 days.

Since the increase, something odd has been going on: my appetite seems to return quite strongly somewhere around day 3–4. I still fill up very quickly while eating, but 3–4 hours afterward I'm ready to eat again.

Earlier on, particularly during the first couple of days following a shot, the appetite suppression came through harder and held steadier.

Right now I'm cutting and sitting near 12% body fat, so it could simply be that my body is resisting more since I'm already relatively lean.

Anyone else run into this? Did I mess something up, or is this simply what diet fatigue/adaptation looks like 🙄?
What's the length of time you've spent in a deficit?
 
dondada109 said:

Hey everyone, got a quick thing I wanted to ask about with my retatrutide.

I bumped it up to 2 mg not long ago. Prior to that, from April 23rd onward, I was on 1.5 mg every 5 days.

Since the increase, something odd has been going on: my appetite seems to return quite strongly somewhere around day 3–4. I still fill up very quickly while eating, but 3–4 hours afterward I'm ready to eat again.

Earlier on, particularly during the first couple of days following a shot, the appetite suppression came through harder and held steadier.

Right now I'm cutting and sitting near 12% body fat, so it could simply be that my body is resisting more since I'm already relatively lean.

Anyone else run into this? Did I mess something up, or is this simply what diet fatigue/adaptation looks like 🙄?

With 12% body fat, what is your goal?
 
V6R3W said:

dondada109 said:

V6R3W said:

No shock at all. That's the trial starting dose you're on. Were it me, I'd jump to 4 mg weekly and never revisit it.

To put it in context, TRIUMPH-4 trials kick off at 2 mg weekly, stepping up every 4 weeks (2, 4, 6, 9, 12mg).
I'm going to give this a shot, but honestly it seems like Tirz would be less expensive and more dependable right now, at least when it comes to keeping hunger in check.
Your objectives determine this. According to clinical trials, the average weight loss is greater with retatrutide.
Not a single person in the clinical trials was anywhere close to 12%bf.

@dondada109

What's your current streak of being in a deficit?
 
Throwfa said:

Retatrutide doesn't curb appetite as strongly as tirz or sema. If you want stronger hunger control, you could add tirzepatide on top — that's my own approach. (2.5mg tirz + 1mg reta)

That said, it's typical for hunger to creep back in as the week goes on, because retatrutide (and glp peptides in general) has a half-life of roughly 6 days.

A few people try dividing their weekly dose into smaller shots taken more often, rather than a single injection every 7 days. The weekly total doesn't change, but blood levels might stay steadier with less of a peak-and-trough pattern. For instance, you could try pinning every three days to see whether your appetite responds better.
To be honest, I need to look into stacking the two, since I came across info saying Reta's glucagon effect kicks in only at higher doses beginning at 6mg, and 1mg is like
 
DrPEPr said:


None of the participants of the clinical trials were even remotely near 12%bf.

@dondada109

How long have you been in a deficit?

Click to expand...
roughly the past 3-4 weeks
 
DrPEPr said:


None of the participants of the clinical trials were even remotely near 12%bf.

@dondada109

How long have you been in a deficit?

Click to expand...
You're right about that. I overlooked it.

I haven't gone through them yet, though I'm curious whether the TRANSCEND-T2D-1 trials included any participants with low body fat.
 
DrPEPr said:


None of the participants of the clinical trials were even remotely near 12%bf.

@dondada109

How long have you been in a deficit?

Click to expand...
I see what you mean about the research being focused mainly on people who are overweight or obese, but I don't believe that's relevant to my question.

When it comes to appetite and food noise, the mechanism ought to function identically regardless. If my complaint were that weight loss has stopped, then body fat percentage would matter more, but that isn't the problem I'm facing.

My weight loss is going well and I'm disciplined about protein. What bothers me is that hunger and food noise are returning sooner than I anticipated.

Even when I'm not dieting, I can comfortably put away as much as 6,000 calories in a day, so I'm simply someone with a very large appetite who truly enjoys eating
 
dondada109 said:


like for 3-4 weeks now

Click to expand...
Alright, so we can rule out diet fatigue.

6000kcal?

Then it seems to me your diet isn't clean. Sure, hitting 6k on junk food is no problem, but if you're aiming to stay at 12%bf—or drop even lower—your eating habits have to change.

I really doubt you'd manage 6k if all you ate was oatmeal, (sweet) potatoes, veggies, and meat/chicken/fish.

Maybe it's a tough pill to swallow, but staying lean and being a food lover don't mix. You have to make sacrifices.
 
dondada109 said:

V6R3W said:

No shock at all. That's the trial starting dose you're on. Were it me, I'd jump to 4 mg weekly and never revisit it.

To put it in context, TRIUMPH-4 trials kick off at 2 mg weekly, stepping up every 4 weeks (2, 4, 6, 9, 12mg).
I'm going to give this a shot, but honestly it seems like Tirz would be less expensive and more dependable right now, at least when it comes to keeping hunger in check.

Tirz is clearly the stronger option when appetite control is what you're after. I run both together, spaced 3.5 days apart (T 5mg + R 4mg). Once my Cagri shows up, I plan to look into stacking Reta with Cagri.

Anyone here tried that combination before? I'd be glad to hear your thoughts

​#-
 
DrPEPr said:


Ok, then diet fatigue is out of the question.

6000kcal?

Ok, sounds to me that you're not eating clean then. I mean 6k eating junkfood is easy, but when you wan't to maintain 12%bf (or even go lower) you've got to change your diet.

I strongly doubt you could eat 6k when only eating oatmeal, (sweet) potatoes, vegetables and meat/chicken/fish.

Have you tried that?

Click to expand...
Right now I'm running a deficit, so I'm at 2000 calories and I check weekly whether to drop lower or hold steady. What I mean is that I'm able to put away large amounts of food in general. To be honest, clean food wouldn't really hit that spot. At the moment I'm eating only clean, and my "cheats" are whey mixed with berries in low-fat Greek yoghurt for the sweet tooth, but you know, sometimes a stroopwaffle or a whole bag is what you need
 
BBA1969 said:

dondada109 said:

V6R3W said:

No shock at all. That's the trial starting dose you're on. Were it me, I'd jump to 4 mg weekly and never revisit it.

To put it in context, TRIUMPH-4 trials kick off at 2 mg weekly, stepping up every 4 weeks (2, 4, 6, 9, 12mg).
I'm going to give this a shot, but honestly it seems like Tirz would be less expensive and more dependable right now, at least when it comes to keeping hunger in check.

Tirz is clearly the stronger option when appetite control is what you're after. I run both together, spaced 3.5 days apart (T 5mg + R 4mg). Once my Cagri shows up, I plan to look into stacking Reta with Cagri.

Anyone here tried that combination before? I'd be glad to hear your thoughts

​#-
With that combination, what's your experience like? Any adverse effects?

Genuine question - what's happening with your digestion, I worry I'd never be able to go if I ran those doses together.
 
Back
Top