Retatrutide at 8mg: bump the dose up or hold steady?

You wrote

@BubbaZ Tonight will be my 5th - 8mg Reta dose, and tomorrow is my weekly 2.4mg Cagri dose.

Click to expand...

2 questions..

You already know these work, you've got just 10lbs to go and still have 2 more dose increases available on Reta.. assuming no sides are hitting you

So why not bump the dose?

And also..

When food noise shows up late in the week...

What's the reason for dosing Cagri the following day?

Since the half life is 6.5 days, its peak will land close to Reta's- it should be taken 5 days after Reta...

Cagrilintide has a plasma half-life of approximately 159 to 195 hours (about 6.5 to 8 days), with an average of around 184 hours (7 to 8 days) at the standard 2.4 mg therapeutic dose
 
Calm Logic said:

Or you could move over to liraglutide and pick up plenty of life lessons -- for example, that life sucks, haha. When it comes to handling reta and tirz, the lesson worth learning might be split dosing (for instance, dosing every four days rather than once a week), even if the total weekly amount stays unchanged:



On the other hand, for maintenance, every 2 weeks does the job for a few people, and that helps more when you're outside of grey and limited to single-injection pens.
I've been considering picking up some Tirz so my wife could stack it with the Reta. My suspicion is that she's plateaued, but she refuses to step on a scale. Even so, she keeps wanting her injections, and she's at 12mg. Before any of that happens, I'd have to bring the subject up with her. Dropping the Reta down a bit will probably be necessary too, though I haven't really looked into that side of it yet.
 
BNLFL said:

I've been considering picking up some Tirz so my wife could stack it with the Reta. My suspicion is that she's plateaued, but she refuses to step on a scale. Even so, she keeps wanting her injections, and she's at 12mg. Before any of that happens, I'd have to bring the subject up with her. Dropping the Reta down a bit will probably be necessary too, though I haven't really looked into that side of it yet.
How about Elora, or possibly Sema?

Since you're acting as her medical provider, I'd say you need to get her onto a scale 😛

She wouldn't have to see the number, and you wouldn't have to share it with her.. do you think she'd agree to that?
 
MFGamesta said:

Are you exercising on a regular basis? Do you go to the gym, play sports, walk? Any of it? Perhaps tesamorelin/semorelin is worth a try???

Have you had bloodwork done? At times, that can show you what you should be concentrating on.
Yes, I do weights plus cardio or cycling 5 times a week. My bloodwork comes back fine, and I have it checked with my doc every 6 months. Tesamorelin/semorelin is something I have considered. Before I go ahead with it, I simply want to look into it further.
 
BNLFL said:

I've been considering picking up some Tirz so my wife could stack it with the Reta. My suspicion is that she's plateaued, but she refuses to step on a scale. Even so, she keeps wanting her injections, and she's at 12mg. Before any of that happens, I'd have to bring the subject up with her. Dropping the Reta down a bit will probably be necessary too, though I haven't really looked into that side of it yet.
Both are part of my wife's routine. She takes 12.5mg of Tirz, and her Reta is sitting at 6mg right now. Tirz came first for her, and by the time we learned about reta she was already on the maximum dose. Now that her Reta dose keeps going up, we've begun bringing her Tirz dose down. We're considering whether to bring in Cag/Elora to give her more help with appetite suppression.
 
Skidude said:

How about Elora, or possibly Sema?

Since you're acting as her medical provider, I'd say you need to get her onto a scale 😛

She wouldn't have to see the number, and you wouldn't have to share it with her.. do you think she'd agree to that?
Yeah, best of luck with all that. According to her, the scale numbers are a letdown. I've given up debating the point that it's merely one tool for gauging progress.
 
Avoiding the number on the scale is fairly common. For the first 5-6 months I stayed off the scale entirely, only stepping on after I had dropped 30 kilos, which I worked out from my starting point on the diet and how fast the weight was coming off. The 7xl clothing told me I had reached my heaviest ever, and I was simply too frightened to look at the actual figure.

Even when weight loss doesn't bring you into the normal range, it still cuts long term health consequences dramatically. Back before GLP's, doctors considered 10% weight loss a great result, since that amount was enough to lower risks. So being stuck on a solid dose of reta combined with tirz isn't ideal, and giving an amylin agonist a try makes sense; these drugs still aren't quite good enough to fix the problem for everybody. And any improvement beats steadily putting more weight on.
 
BNLFL said:

Yeah, best of luck with all that. According to her, the scale numbers are a letdown. I've given up debating the point that it's merely one tool for gauging progress.
You've got to choose which hill is worth dying on....regardless of how logical it seems to you or to us, the wiser move is to give up that hill, let go of any concern over it, and return to living your best lives... 👍 ❤️
 
Back
Top