Retatrutide 1 mg/week – When Did It Start Working for you?

PAPoots said:

Indiana said:

The food noise went away after 3 days. Skin sensitivity is the 1 thing I'm not a fan of. Still, I'm really happy with how my body looks these days.
Allodynia right at the starting dose strikes me as unusual. My advice would be to hold off on any dose increase until that settles down.

It was a strange sensation. Rubbing a spot caused no issue, yet when a T-shirt glided over my skin, it felt as though needles were piercing outward from beneath it. In the end I moved up to 12mg and those effects never returned.

These days what bothers me is food noise. Either that, or I've simply grown tired of chicken and rice.
Right from my first tirz shot (2.2 mg), allodynia showed up. The morning after, pressing on my skin produced a slight soreness. So I stopped pressing, and it slipped my mind. When my pants brush against my legs, I can feel it. Six months have passed, and no dose has made it better or worse (I'm at 8 mg now).

Eventually I simply stopped registering it. The little mermaid traded her tail for legs and got pain with every step, gave up her royal status, and threw herself at some jerk while unable to speak—so even if he did love her, the reasons were probably messed up. I came out way ahead for way less.
 
Began on 2mg, and the appetite blunting showed up just a few hours later. The real fat-loss groove didn't arrive until 4mg. I pushed up to 10mg, then stepped back down to 8mg because the allydonia started feeling strange.

Right now I'm at 4mg since I'm doing athletic training.

I kicked off in August and I'm down about 22 lbs. I don't have a huge amount of weight to shed.
 
PAPoots said:

Indiana said:

The food noise went away after 3 days. Skin sensitivity is the 1 thing I'm not a fan of. Still, I'm really happy with how my body looks these days.
Allodynia right at the starting dose strikes me as unusual. My advice would be to hold off on any dose increase until that settles down.

It was a strange sensation. Rubbing a spot caused no issue, yet when a T-shirt glided over my skin, it felt as though needles were piercing outward from beneath it. In the end I moved up to 12mg and those effects never returned.

These days what bothers me is food noise. Either that, or I've simply grown tired of chicken and rice.
At 2 MG, I experienced allodynia as well. It's a nuisance, yet Reta has been so impressive in every other way that I'm keeping my fingers crossed it will fade with time.
 
dandam said:

Right now I’m taking retatrutide at 1 mg each week, divided into 0.5 mg doses 2 times per week.

If you’re on this amount or something close:

How much time passed before your appetite began to drop?

At what point could you actually see weight coming off?

Did you have any side effects, and if so, what were they?

It would really help to hear your timelines and specific experiences.
Week 4 of the identical schedule for me — shots on Tuesday AM and Friday late PM, both 0.5mg. The effects kicked in almost immediately. RHR, HRV and sleep have barely budged.

A bit of background: 9 years back I dropped 160lb through low carb, powerlifting and hiking, and no GLP-1 has ever been in the picture for me before. My reason for trying reta is the fat gain that came with perimenopause.

From the very start I could feel it working — my food choices haven't changed (high protein, moderate fat, low carb, with protein shakes as the only processed item), the portions have just gotten smaller. In 3 weeks I've somehow shed 11lb. Honestly, it's blowing my mind.
 
Tirz and Reta have both given me appetite suppression, yet the two feel nothing alike in my case. On Tirz, everything simply goes quiet and flat—really striking. I could decide when to eat, and I'd guess my portion size shrank by 50% before I hit fullness. To me, that was genuine "suppression".

Reta behaves differently. If I let hunger go unnoticed for an extended stretch, it suddenly flips into a starving, frantic sensation. It hits quickly, forcefully, and with huge intensity—as though I hadn't eaten in 2 days—yet 5 bites of food leave me completely full and satisfied for hours. It can be quite a rollercoaster. This has happened to me at 2mg, 4mg, and 6mg.
 
DragonOfTheSea said:

Tirz and Reta have both given me appetite suppression, yet the two feel nothing alike in my case. On Tirz, everything simply goes quiet and flat—really striking. I could decide when to eat, and I'd guess my portion size shrank by 50% before I hit fullness. To me, that was genuine "suppression".

Reta behaves differently. If I let hunger go unnoticed for an extended stretch, it suddenly flips into a starving, frantic sensation. It hits quickly, forcefully, and with huge intensity—as though I hadn't eaten in 2 days—yet 5 bites of food leave me completely full and satisfied for hours. It can be quite a rollercoaster. This has happened to me at 2mg, 4mg, and 6mg.

Tirz and Reta affected me in partly overlapping ways, though not entirely the same. That said, a real comparison is hard because my GLP tolerance had already grown by the time I first used Reta.

Over a 2 month stretch I took 5 shots of tirz at 2.5mg each. Appetite suppression hit hard, peaking 2-4 days post-injection; hunger was almost absent AND I got full extremely fast. During the first weeks I had to watch myself. Constipation was the big issue, which forced me to finally figure out eating veggies lol. Also I lost strength in the gym.

4 days ago I used Reta for the first time, at 0.75mg. Within 24 hours the food noise was gone. BUT once I begin eating, stopping is hard. If I don't keep an eye on my diet, constipation is right there waiting. Sadly, even at this dose it's causing really bad insomnia, so I'll most likely quit it
 
Just took my 3rd 1mg shot and I'm pretty sure it's kicking in. Certain days I can barely get food down and basically have to make myself eat. Then other days, like yesterday evening, I went overboard on chocolate.

Scale shows 1.2kgs lost, though I'm feeling really bloated pretty much nonstop. Really hoping that settles down before long.

Plan is to keep at 1mg for a few more weeks minimum, then bump to 1.5mg and see what happens.

Half the time I can't tell whether I'm simply not hungry or if it's the reta doing it
 
In my case, the day right after dosing brought side effects and a drop in appetite straight away. What I noticed in particular was exhaustion, the stomach emptying more slowly, feeling worn out a lot, and burps that smelled of sulfur. On the scale, roughly 2 lbs have come off in around a week and a half, but I feel very hopeful that my body will settle into it and that after about a month the results will be really good.
 
At 1 mg, the appetite suppression showed up for me during week 2.

Week 1 was 0.5 mg and I noticed zero effect, though I was aware Reta requires the body to ramp up gradually.

For my own part, I have no interest in exceeding 3 mg weekly. Meals shouldn't feel like a battle. Going without food for days would be no problem for me.
 
dandam said:

Right now I’m taking retatrutide at 1 mg each week, divided into 0.5 mg doses 2 times per week.

If you’re on this amount or something close:

How much time passed before your appetite began to drop?

At what point could you actually see weight coming off?

Did you have any side effects, and if so, what were they?

It would really help to hear your timelines and specific experiences.
My first dose was on 4/10/26, 1mg/wk (a single 1mg shot), and the effects hit me a few hours later.

Shot went in at 3:00, and by 8:00 I'd normally be hunting for a snack. That evening, nothing. I snapped before and after pictures (one in the evening, one right after waking) and every bit of inflammation around my midsection had vanished. A week and a half later, I'm down 4.5lbs. (I'm in the gym 5-6 days a week, running a PPL/UL split, finishing with 15 min of jump rope)

Side effects: heart rate ran high through week 1. By week 2 it settled. If I don't take in enough carbs, the fatigue is brutal. I've added warm prune juice at night to keep things moving (and they are, thankfully). Week 1 my appetite was in the dirt, but week 2 I can clean my plate and I'm even getting real hunger signals again.

One more thing: I used to smoke tree pretty much nonstop. I've still smoked since starting, but the urge has fallen off a cliff. I've got a seriously addictive personality, and the stuff that used to set me off just...doesn't. Work, school, training, eating right — I can actually lock in on all of it.

Best of luck to you!
 
itsmenotyou said:

Just took my 3rd 1mg shot and I'm pretty sure it's kicking in. Certain days I can barely get food down and basically have to make myself eat. Then other days, like yesterday evening, I went overboard on chocolate.

Scale shows 1.2kgs lost, though I'm feeling really bloated pretty much nonstop. Really hoping that settles down before long.

Plan is to keep at 1mg for a few more weeks minimum, then bump to 1.5mg and see what happens.

Half the time I can't tell whether I'm simply not hungry or if it's the reta doing it
I take 1mg and it's doing the job for me. The suppression is present, though eating is still possible.
 
I've been on it for 4 months now and I'm still on 1 mg. My appetite is pretty much gone and I don't have many cravings left. Getting 1500 calories in daily is tough since I feel full. I've only lost 20 pounds, but it's doing its job.
 
My 3rd 1mg injection was yesterday. Pretty much right away, the effects kicked in. Cravings dropped a lot the day after that initial shot. Right now, actually hitting my protein target is tough. On the flip side, I've been doing low carb, intermittent fasting, and just 2 meals a day consistently for the past 3.5 years... during week 1 I dropped about 2kg/4.4lbs... today my wife commented that my face looks different - thinner. Also my clothes fit much looser, and I have to pull the belt tighter... Friday is when I weigh myself, so I'll check what the scale says about my progress, if there is any...
 
Back
Top