Retatrutide 1 mg/week – When Did It Start Working for you?

dandam

Explorer
Joined
Dec 26, 2025
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Location
Rome
Right now I’m taking retatrutide at 1 mg each week, divided into 0.5 mg doses 2 times per week.

If you’re on this amount or something close:

How much time passed before your appetite began to drop?

At what point could you actually see weight coming off?

Did you have any side effects, and if so, what were they?

It would really help to hear your timelines and specific experiences.
 
At 1mg taken once a week, my appetite began to drop roughly 3 days after starting. By week 2, weight was coming off. Side-effects were limited to short spells of tiredness during the first 2-3 weeks, plus mild stomach unease that never really reached the level of nausea.
 
My starting dose was roughly the same as yours (though with smaller vials and overfill it's tough to pin down exactly), so let's just say it's comparable. That said, I inject every 3 days.

1. I'd say it kicked in around my second shot. That said, it's hard to separate the drug from placebo.

2. From my very first pin I was logging calories and stepping on the scale at the same time daily. So the drop showed up almost right away, which I attribute to water/inflammation plus a calorie deficit. Honestly, that pattern has been typical for me with any kind of calorie restriction.

3. Belching (not sulphur-smelling), constipation (cutting calories doesn't ease it), mild indigestion when I eat fatty meals. A few dehydration headaches too.
 
The food noise went away after 3 days. Skin sensitivity is the 1 thing I'm not a fan of. Still, I'm really happy with how my body looks these days.
 
dandam said:

Right now I’m taking retatrutide at 1 mg each week, divided into 0.5 mg doses 2 times per week.

If you’re on this amount or something close:

How much time passed before your appetite began to drop?

At what point could you actually see weight coming off?

Did you have any side effects, and if so, what were they?

It would really help to hear your timelines and specific experiences.
I'm using the same protocol for maintenance plus overall body recomp — 0.5 mg every 3 days. For me, appetite control kicked in somewhere around the 4-6 week mark. Earlier this spring I dropped roughly 12 pounds, and I've kept that off ever since, since it was the weight I was aiming for. As I said, these days I'm maintaining and trying to turn about 5 pounds of fat into muscle, while also taking advantage of the insulin-resistance benefits that Reta offers. Whenever I push the dose higher, meeting my macros becomes too difficult, which gets in the way of actually building muscle. On top of that, between the protein I need and a bigger dose, I doubt the bowel movement situation would work out well — at least in my case.
 
New to peptides, this is my first experience. I injected 1mg of reta on Jan 3rd, and by the next day I found myself passing over the food in the kitchen that I'd usually nibble at and then finish off the entire plate later.

I didn't feel sick or have any side efffects. My calorie deficit began on Dec 29, so I can't say the weightloss came only from reta, since I was already in a deficit before I pinned myself. There was a lot of water weightloss tho.
 
I picked up on it once I hit 4mg. At 6mg things improved further. My schedule was 2mg for 4 weeks, followed by 4mg for 4 weeks, continuing that way. That final 4mg injection was clearly felt.

Up to that point I hadn't experienced any side effects either. These days I'm getting red, itchy patches where I inject, and that's from the reta itself.
 
randombetrayal said:

dandam said:

Right now I’m taking retatrutide at 1 mg each week, divided into 0.5 mg doses 2 times per week.

If you’re on this amount or something close:

How much time passed before your appetite began to drop?

At what point could you actually see weight coming off?

Did you have any side effects, and if so, what were they?

It would really help to hear your timelines and specific experiences.
I'm using the same protocol for maintenance plus overall body recomp — 0.5 mg every 3 days. For me, appetite control kicked in somewhere around the 4-6 week mark. Earlier this spring I dropped roughly 12 pounds, and I've kept that off ever since, since it was the weight I was aiming for. As I said, these days I'm maintaining and trying to turn about 5 pounds of fat into muscle, while also taking advantage of the insulin-resistance benefits that Reta offers. Whenever I push the dose higher, meeting my macros becomes too difficult, which gets in the way of actually building muscle. On top of that, between the protein I need and a bigger dose, I doubt the bowel movement situation would work out well — at least in my case.
Do you keep track of your fiber and water consumption and hit your targets?
 
began at 0.5mg each week, and the food noise vanished inside a day, yet I could usually manage 3 meals daily without overeating.

As for weight, 6 pounds came off during the first 2 weeks, though I realize a fair share was likely water loss

Regarding side effects, the only thing I picked up on was extra fatigue while running; since I'm marathon training, anything beyond 10 miles felt tougher. I've now experimented with 0.5mg every 2 weeks, and I'm currently dropping reta until the race is done because I simply can't handle both.

At the beginning of March I'll return to 0.5 or 1mg for a few months, as the long distances will be reduced
 
Before adding Reta, I was already following an eating plan, so the shift showed up fast: sticking with it got noticeably simpler. I even cut one meal from my daily routine. I also wondered whether this could just be placebo, and I landed on “who cares if it’s placebo if it’s working”
 
I’ve been taking roughly 4MG for around 6 weeks at this point.. Nothing in the way of side effects has come up, and honestly I haven’t run into any problems - eating is still no issue for me. That said, roughly 24 pounds have come off, so clearly it’s having some kind of effect lol.
 
When I need it, I'll typically inject 1mg weekly for a stretch of 3 or 4 weeks as a maintenance approach.

The suppression hits me right when I get up the following day, and for the next 2-3 days I get a really light queasy feeling, kind of like morning sickness or seasickness.

My major weight loss happened roughly 18 months back, so now I just run a small maintenance burst whenever I notice I'm going a bit overboard with eating 😂😂😂
 
6 weeks back, when I began, I couldn't feel any appetite suppression until I hit at least 3-4 mg. The problem was that the gap between a dose that worked well and one that suppressed me too much—leaving me unable to eat even 1000kcal in a day—was very narrow.

On some occasions, I overdid it.

Finding that sweet spot is a bit tricky.
 
1mg/ week was my starting point - head clarity and food noise improvement hit me right away.

As far as appetite suppression goes, it stayed gentle, which matches what others have described: not really hungry, yet I could still hit the macros I wanted without trouble.

I'm about to do my 3rd week at 1.5 - and personally, that .5 increase changed everything when it came to feeling full at meals - my eyes end up far bigger than my stomach can handle in one sitting. That's been an adjustment, since I lose track of eating while working, then attempt to make up for it later in the day - and I just can't.

One more thing worth mentioning - it's been over 18 months since I touched any other GLP - sema was the one, and I never went past 1 mg with it - I disliked how it made me feel.
 
Indiana said:

The food noise went away after 3 days. Skin sensitivity is the 1 thing I'm not a fan of. Still, I'm really happy with how my body looks these days.
Allodynia right at the starting dose strikes me as unusual. My advice would be to hold off on any dose increase until that settles down.

It was a strange sensation. Rubbing a spot caused no issue, yet when a T-shirt glided over my skin, it felt as though needles were piercing outward from beneath it. In the end I moved up to 12mg and those effects never returned.

These days what bothers me is food noise. Either that, or I've simply grown tired of chicken and rice.
 
Over the course of 8 weeks, I moved up from 0 to 8 mg (using 4 mg injections spaced 84 hours apart).

GLP-like sensations first appeared for me at roughly 6 mg. By 8 mg, things were in full swing.
 
First dose was 1mg, and by day 2 I could feel it. My appetite disappeared, though eating was still possible if I chose to. Then the following day, I was filling up quickly. Now I'm in week 2 at 2mg, and hunger is rare — a few bites is all it takes to feel full, even with drinks.

My husband is on week 2 as well, and the effects are just kicking in for him. His hunger is gone and he fills up a bit sooner. He hasn't had anything to eat today, even after the gym and a walk, so he'll be forcing down some protein lol
 
Back
Top