Reta while running: what should I expect to change?

Milotic

Explorer
Joined
Jul 31, 2026
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
Location
UK
Hi all, running is my thing, and I know reta can push your HR up. Are there experienced runners here who are on reta, and how has it changed your running performance?

My week is 3x: an easy run, a speed session and a long run. I would love to know what to expect as I begin my first ever GLP1. I suspect I may need to cut my volume, but I will watch my HR and see what it tells me
 
The running days ended with my Army years, so it is mountain biking now. Resting heart rate did go up for me, yes, but my zone heart-rates barely moved at all. In fact I set a lot of PRs while on Reta
 
gusterbuster said:

The running days ended with my Army years, so it is mountain biking now. Resting heart rate did go up for me, yes, but my zone heart-rates barely moved at all. In fact I set a lot of PRs while on Reta
Ah, useful to know! Whatever happens happens, at the end of the day. Interesting that your zones barely shifted. Mine are set from my lactate threshold regardless, so it will be interesting to see how it plays out

Redz said:

Since starting Reta my heart rate during cardio has actually come down.
It must land differently from person to person, I think
 
Back
Top