Reta while dieting — no effect left at all?

kagami00

Explorer
Joined
Dec 28, 2025
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
Germany
Hi, I began taking Reta at the start of the year, dosing 0,5mg twice weekly, and the results were great.

By the end of my diet I had to increase to 0,75-1mg twice per week, and it stopped hitting the same way as it did initially. So I figured I would simply quit and begin my reverse diet, but my hunger/appetite became so much worse. Should I titrate up again? I was considering 1,5mg 2x per week. Or is there something better I could do? I would be really grateful for any help.

I wish you all a great day/evening/night
 
sheilarae74 said:

Bumping the dose up is the move.
Hmm, what options do I have? Could I go with 1,5mg two times a week? If so, which days work—say Monday plus Thursday? Or would switching to a single weekly dose, like Wednesday, be better?
 
Glad to have you here. I can't really offer advice, but I can share my own timeline. My first dose was 2.5ml, then I moved to 0.5 ml weekly and stayed there roughly 6 months. The scale dropped 4lbs every week, steady as a metronome. Then I stalled, so I raised it to 0.8, and at this point I'm running 1.0. Just my own take, nothing more: whatever amount you injected twice weekly ought to be more than enough. With any luck one of the old hands on this subject will reply to your thread. All the best.
 
kagami00 said:

Hi, I began taking Reta at the start of the year, dosing 0,5mg twice weekly, and the results were great.

By the end of my diet I had to increase to 0,75-1mg twice per week, and it stopped hitting the same way as it did initially. So I figured I would simply quit and begin my reverse diet, but my hunger/appetite became so much worse. Should I titrate up again? I was considering 1,5mg 2x per week. Or is there something better I could do? I would be really grateful for any help.

I wish you all a great day/evening/night
If no side effects are showing up for you, going ahead and increasing the dose to locate the sweet spot that works for you is completely okay. A common thing people in this community bring up is that reta tends to really start working once you reach roughly the 4 mg point. I can say the same thing happened in my own case. My reta start date was April 11th, beginning at 1 mg weekly, and by the very next day every effect hit me: nausea, headaches, extreme appetite suppression, skin sensitivity, etc. After 2 weeks at 1 mg I had gotten quite accustomed to it and every side effect disappeared, so I titrated upward and I am now at 6 mg, where things feel comfortable, with consistent weekly weight loss (1-2lbs), side effects that are not bad, good appetite suppression, no food noise, and skin sensitivity. Since starting in April I am currently down 17 lbs. My starting weight was 205 and I am now at 188. I hope this helps you on your journey!
 
kagami00 said:

sheilarae74 said:

Bumping the dose up is the move.
Hmm, what options do I have? Could I go with 1,5mg two times a week? If so, which days work—say Monday plus Thursday? Or would switching to a single weekly dose, like Wednesday, be better?
Yeah, give that a shot. I started on 1/5 and at this point I'm taking 3mg every 3.5 days.
 
RicFlair said:

kagami00 said:

Hi, I began taking Reta at the start of the year, dosing 0,5mg twice weekly, and the results were great.

By the end of my diet I had to increase to 0,75-1mg twice per week, and it stopped hitting the same way as it did initially. So I figured I would simply quit and begin my reverse diet, but my hunger/appetite became so much worse. Should I titrate up again? I was considering 1,5mg 2x per week. Or is there something better I could do? I would be really grateful for any help.

I wish you all a great day/evening/night
If no side effects are showing up for you, going ahead and increasing the dose to locate the sweet spot that works for you is completely okay. A common thing people in this community bring up is that reta tends to really start working once you reach roughly the 4 mg point. I can say the same thing happened in my own case. My reta start date was April 11th, beginning at 1 mg weekly, and by the very next day every effect hit me: nausea, headaches, extreme appetite suppression, skin sensitivity, etc. After 2 weeks at 1 mg I had gotten quite accustomed to it and every side effect disappeared, so I titrated upward and I am now at 6 mg, where things feel comfortable, with consistent weekly weight loss (1-2lbs), side effects that are not bad, good appetite suppression, no food noise, and skin sensitivity. Since starting in April I am currently down 17 lbs. My starting weight was 205 and I am now at 188. I hope this helps you on your journey!
Honestly, wow — you've already dropped that much weight, I'm genuinely impressed!! That's awesome, and I'm 1000% certain you can keep going even further!!

My own start was in January, and I'm down 44 pounds. Right now I'm attempting to bring my calories back up slightly, which is exactly why my hunger has gotten even stronger and I want to get a handle on it.. Titrating seems like the route I'll take, since I'm getting no side effects / no effects whatsoever. Thanks!
 
Back
Top