Big thanks to everyone here for the knowledge and the sense of agency it's given me. Reta versus tirz has come up plenty of times, and I've gone through those threads and picked up a great deal. The search tool has been a huge help. Yesterday I finally pinned 1mg of Reta for the first time, and now I'm basically watching to find out whether that small dose does anything I can notice. Even so, I keep going back and forth on which one to stay on long term.
For context, I've already reached my goal weight by eating very restrictively, and I've maintained that for several years since a large weight loss. It isn't exactly a "normal" way to live, and I'd like to be able to have a few carbs without triggering the addictive food behaviors I'm susceptible to. I enjoy lifting weights, and I deal with some anxiety. My preference is to dial in 1 agent's dose before I'd think about combining therapies. I realize the decision is mine to make, but could I get a logic check on this?
Reta pros:
-higher food intake
-more energy for exercise
Tirz pros:
-more food noise suppression
-less sleep disruption
-finished with phase 3 trials and excellent safety record
-more robust/easier storage of reconstituted peptide
-?more benefit for anxiety
Since I run anxious, I already feel a pull to stockpile, and I want to be sure I choose the agent I'm most likely to actually use. Tirz is where I'm leaning, but the worry is low energy and workouts that are bad or nonexistent in that setting. Thanks again to anyone who can share insights from their own experience.
For context, I've already reached my goal weight by eating very restrictively, and I've maintained that for several years since a large weight loss. It isn't exactly a "normal" way to live, and I'd like to be able to have a few carbs without triggering the addictive food behaviors I'm susceptible to. I enjoy lifting weights, and I deal with some anxiety. My preference is to dial in 1 agent's dose before I'd think about combining therapies. I realize the decision is mine to make, but could I get a logic check on this?
Reta pros:
-higher food intake
-more energy for exercise
Tirz pros:
-more food noise suppression
-less sleep disruption
-finished with phase 3 trials and excellent safety record
-more robust/easier storage of reconstituted peptide
-?more benefit for anxiety
Since I run anxious, I already feel a pull to stockpile, and I want to be sure I choose the agent I'm most likely to actually use. Tirz is where I'm leaning, but the worry is low energy and workouts that are bad or nonexistent in that setting. Thanks again to anyone who can share insights from their own experience.