Reta vs Tirz: which one left you feeling less drained and more energized?

hoobz

Explorer
Joined
Apr 3, 2026
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Location
Poland
Asking those who have tried both.

Right now I'm on Tirz — only in week 4 — and everything is going well except my energy has taken a serious hit. Lifting weights at the gym wears me out more, and cardio is tough as well.

At the end of July I have a 7-day mountain climbing course booked, and I get the feeling that if I stay on tirz, it will be reeeaaaly hard for me. That course is physically demanding, going full blast on 6 of the 7 days.

So I'm thinking about moving over to Reta, if that would give me more energy and less overall fatigue.

Has anyone here used both peptides and can draw a comparison? I realize dosage plays a role too, but did you perhaps notice being somewhat clearly less tired on one of them?

Another option I'm considering is titrating down (though hell, I'm only on the 2.5 starting dose lol) around 2 weeks before the course, or pausing tirz during that stretch.

Looking for some thoughts and experiences — maybe someone has been in a similar spot. Thanks!
 
hoobz said:

Asking those who have tried both.

Right now I'm on Tirz — only in week 4 — and everything is going well except my energy has taken a serious hit. Lifting weights at the gym wears me out more, and cardio is tough as well.

At the end of July I have a 7-day mountain climbing course booked, and I get the feeling that if I stay on tirz, it will be reeeaaaly hard for me. That course is physically demanding, going full blast on 6 of the 7 days.

So I'm thinking about moving over to Reta, if that would give me more energy and less overall fatigue.

Has anyone here used both peptides and can draw a comparison? I realize dosage plays a role too, but did you perhaps notice being somewhat clearly less tired on one of them?

Another option I'm considering is titrating down (though hell, I'm only on the 2.5 starting dose lol) around 2 weeks before the course, or pausing tirz during that stretch.

Looking for some thoughts and experiences — maybe someone has been in a similar spot. Thanks!
Same thing occurred in my case.

Still, I wouldn't describe it as having "more energy"... I'd put it as "less tired"... 😅
 
MFGamesta said:

Tirzapatide left me wiped out. Retatrutide was a big improvement. Though it might just be that I was eating better. 🤷‍♂️
the hunger blunting appears gentler, from what I keep reading. honestly, on tirz I struggle to take in over 1.2g of protein per kg of body mass, and my hope was to push that toward roughly 1.6...
 
Here's a quick rundown of how Reta and Tirze treated me. 😅

Tirze hit me with clear-cut hunger blunting right from the first shot, but that effect tapered off week by week, so I kept having to bump the weekly amount.

Tirze and I just didn't mesh. My energy tanked because I couldn't even get down the meals I'd mapped out. For serious food cravings, or for anyone who really struggles to stick with a diet or clean eating, I'd say it works very well. Usually the day after injecting, dose depending, I'd feel queasy and barely wanted to eat.

On Reta, even though I began at just 1mg (5 weeks back), my mental grip on eating got firmer, and I never got hunger suppression so strong that I couldn't eat what I needed. Energy stayed steady or improved, no queasiness, no kind of "food aversion", and I noticed what may just be a placebo from my own expectations: lipolysis that seemed more pronounced.

For 5 weeks now I've taken nothing but 1mg of Reta each week. I feel great, though the effects are beginning to wear off, and I'm getting some cravings "out of the blue" that weren't there during the first 4 weeks.

I'll keep testing Reta, always chasing the lowest dose I can get away with and only raising it when there's an extreme need. Supposedly Reta at higher dosages (+6mg) delivers stronger lipolytic effects thanks to Glucagon's action; whether that holds up I can't say, but I will definitely test it.

Later on, once I've spent a few weeks at 6mg per week, I'll cut the Reta dose by at least 50%-70% and stack 1mg-1.5mg of Tirze (to controll the "food noise") alongside the Reta for the maintenance phase.
 
Neither one has had any impact on me, so my guess is it could just come down to eating fewer calories?

To give some background, I used Tirz at 2.5>7.5mg across 6months

For the past few weeks I've been combining 5mg of Tirz+2mg of Reta, and at this point 2.5mg Tirz and 4mg of Reta.

I work out 7days a week and have not felt any loss of energy or extra tiredness
 
The first week or two hit me with serious fatigue, though it eased up afterward. My guess is that a chunk of it came from burning through more calories. I was aiming to stay at maintenance, yet my weight began to fall. According to the numbers, my daily calorie burn rose by roughly 15%. I realize that isn't a universal response, but in my case it clearly happened. So the tiredness might have come from both the medication and the extra energy output.

Another thing I discovered: working out while fasted stopped working for me. That had always been my routine. Research indicates it's perfectly okay, and it used to leave me feeling better. These days I wake up hungry, and if I attempt to lift without eating, my energy is terrible. Getting more calories in before a workout might be worth trying.

Prior to switching anything, I'd recommend checking how large your deficit is and confirming it isn't excessive. If that fixes things, wonderful; if not, at least you'll have more details to guide a move to reta.
 
hoobz said:

Asking those who have tried both.

Right now I'm on Tirz — only in week 4 — and everything is going well except my energy has taken a serious hit. Lifting weights at the gym wears me out more, and cardio is tough as well.

At the end of July I have a 7-day mountain climbing course booked, and I get the feeling that if I stay on tirz, it will be reeeaaaly hard for me. That course is physically demanding, going full blast on 6 of the 7 days.

So I'm thinking about moving over to Reta, if that would give me more energy and less overall fatigue.

Has anyone here used both peptides and can draw a comparison? I realize dosage plays a role too, but did you perhaps notice being somewhat clearly less tired on one of them?

Another option I'm considering is titrating down (though hell, I'm only on the 2.5 starting dose lol) around 2 weeks before the course, or pausing tirz during that stretch.

Looking for some thoughts and experiences — maybe someone has been in a similar spot. Thanks!
I haven't tried tirz, but with reta, once I go past 4mg, my energy gets hit really hard for the first 2-3 days after the shot, and after that the tiredness gradually fades. It doesn't seem tied to how much I'm eating—it just puts a strain on my body and leaves me feeling wiped out. By day 5-6 I'm starting to feel like myself again, and then it's already time for the next dose. Still, it's doing a good job for weight loss.
 
PEP-Guardyola said:

Here's a quick rundown of how Reta and Tirze treated me. 😅

Tirze hit me with clear-cut hunger blunting right from the first shot, but that effect tapered off week by week, so I kept having to bump the weekly amount.

Tirze and I just didn't mesh. My energy tanked because I couldn't even get down the meals I'd mapped out. For serious food cravings, or for anyone who really struggles to stick with a diet or clean eating, I'd say it works very well. Usually the day after injecting, dose depending, I'd feel queasy and barely wanted to eat.

On Reta, even though I began at just 1mg (5 weeks back), my mental grip on eating got firmer, and I never got hunger suppression so strong that I couldn't eat what I needed. Energy stayed steady or improved, no queasiness, no kind of "food aversion", and I noticed what may just be a placebo from my own expectations: lipolysis that seemed more pronounced.

For 5 weeks now I've taken nothing but 1mg of Reta each week. I feel great, though the effects are beginning to wear off, and I'm getting some cravings "out of the blue" that weren't there during the first 4 weeks.

I'll keep testing Reta, always chasing the lowest dose I can get away with and only raising it when there's an extreme need. Supposedly Reta at higher dosages (+6mg) delivers stronger lipolytic effects thanks to Glucagon's action; whether that holds up I can't say, but I will definitely test it.

Later on, once I've spent a few weeks at 6mg per week, I'll cut the Reta dose by at least 50%-70% and stack 1mg-1.5mg of Tirze (to controll the "food noise") alongside the Reta for the maintenance phase.

As time went on with Tirz, that's how it played out for me. Early on, I could only manage a single meal each day, and even that felt like a chore — after 2 bites I was stuffed. A year+ into Tirz now, I actually want food, I eat lunch, and my weight loss is holding steady on a very low dose. The bottom line is that everyone responds in their own way.
 
thanks everyone! there's some useful perspective here for me to think about.

@PEP-Guardyola - it's reassuring that you're increasing gradually and only moving the dose up when it's truly necessary. from what I've been reading and hearing about these peptides, and based on what most experts advise, a lot of people are escalating too quickly, which leads them to drop too much weight.

I only have about 10 kgs to lose, plus the 4 I've already shed, so in my view taking it slow is the right approach. hearing that your psychological grip on hunger is stronger now on Reta is interesting - that's exactly what I'm after, even once I hit my target weight and look. it assists me greatly beyond just food cravings, so I'm thinking about possibly cycling on and off it for life.

@BH_LOVER - that's great to hear! what dose do you use for maintenance?

@mrmors - appreciate you sharing! how are those two combos treating you, any noticeable difference? - "The last few weeks I've ran a combo of 5mg of Tirz+2mg of Reta, and now 2.5mg Tirz and 4mg of Reta."
 
@hoobz Honestly, throughout the attempted switch, I haven't noticed any difference whatsoever. Appetite and energy are unchanged, etc. For some reason I was stuck at 100kg no matter what, even though I was training 7x per week and believed I was in a deficit while on Tirz, which is why I decided to add Reta. I don't step on the scale very often—perhaps 1x weekly or every few weeks—so whether Reta shifts anything there will be interesting to see.

As an aside, it seems I uncovered some kind of underlying liver problem that my GP had missed. My bilirubin was elevated for an extended stretch, something my GP was supposed to be monitoring and hadn't paid attention to. After I began Reta, my bilirubin dropped 25% toward the safe range! I'd read that Reta is good for clearing fatty liver and such, but it appears it may be doing great things for my liver in a short time! I have another blood test in 2months, and by then I'll have been on Reta for 2.5months, not 2wks, so it'll be interesting to see what changes.
 
Back
Top