Reta vs Tirz: my personal winner is...

NIGLP89user said:

Youarewhen said:

It would be great if those dose plotting tools could layer several tides on top of each other. From what I saw in the 2 I checked out, there was no way to do that.

My go-to app is Smart Peptide Tracker, available for both Android and iOS. Several peptides can be logged simultaneously with it.

Inventory management is another feature it offers
I gave it a go just now. No half-life curve graph showed up whatsoever. Is the pro version required to get plotting?
 
I keep track of my own levels using a large Excel spreadsheet. If you know your way around Excel or Google Sheets, it's pretty simple, and you get to tailor the graphs however you like. With a half life of 6 days, tomorrow your body will still hold 2^(−1/6) of whatever concentration you have right now.
 
Youarewhen said:

NIGLP89user said:

Youarewhen said:

It would be great if those dose plotting tools could layer several tides on top of each other. From what I saw in the 2 I checked out, there was no way to do that.

My go-to app is Smart Peptide Tracker, available for both Android and iOS. Several peptides can be logged simultaneously with it.

Inventory management is another feature it offers
I gave it a go just now. No half-life curve graph showed up whatsoever. Is the pro version required to get plotting?
I'm on the pro plan, so that might be why, but I believe it was visible even before I paid for the upgrade.

Head to the "My Stack" area, and then scroll down just a bit.
 
MFGamesta said:

For me, Reta comes out on top. Those last 10 lbs came off with reta. Fat and sugar get torn apart by the gip and glucagon agonist. Eating was still possible. Feeling starved isn't required to know it's doing its job. Let your scale and body fat be you guide.

Less glucagon is what you get when tirzapatide is stacked in.
Brought to you by glucagon — the hormone that refuses to clock out.
 
Chopper said:

dokterp said:

Chopper said:

tendency said:

Reta topped out at 4mg/week for me — that's when the Allodynia and Anhedonia hit hard. Glucagon agonism has never sat right with me, and that's my main theory: my resting heart rate jumped 14 bpm and I simply felt .. off. Sure, I dropped good weight, but it came from food seeming kind of 'gross'. Yuck, even thinking about food repels me. Nausea was constant.

Tirz, though — tirz is my beauty. What an ass kicker. It just demolishes appetite. Feels like I've had gastric bypass x10. So stuffed. Kinda want to eat but just stuffed. So stuffed. I still kind of like food, but by holy jesus I'm stuffed and can't imagine eating. No allodynia (3.5mg/week). Some anhedonia but better. BPM down as well. It just feels cleaner to me.
Right now I'm on both — reta on Saturday, tirz on Wednesday. A lot of what you're seeing, I'm seeing too. HGH is part of my stack as well, and whenever tirz is in the mix, the two just seem to work better together. If I stick with just 1 of them, progress tends to flatline, so I switch back and forth between the 2.

Chopper
What dose are you running? Right now I’m taking 5 mg of Reta alongside 5 mg of Tirz, but so far Tirz hasn’t done much for me.
Tirz at 5mg and Reta at 4mg. With Reta, appetite suppression is minimal, yet increasing it brings unbearable skin sensitivity. For me, Tirz eliminates food cravings—I remained on just 2.5mg Tirz for 3 months.

Chopper
reaction involving skin sensitivity This happened to me too back when I first attempted to increase my dose. It lasted roughly 2 weeks, then faded. That occurred during my jump from 2mg/week to 4mg, when I took a second dose within the same week. To be honest, my tracking back then was nowhere near as careful as it is today, so my lack of attention came back to bite me. I made it through, and after gradually moving up to 10mg/week across the past 6 months, it has not returned.
 
joseblo said:

If you're looking to introduce a little glucagon agonist, consider throwing in some Survo (ghettoReta). By stacking 1mg of Survo, I managed to cut my Tirz dose from 7mg per week down to 5mg per week, kept all the upside, and barely noticed any sides.

Your results may differ!
Twice-weekly 1mg Reta leaves me stuck with a flat, blah feeling I just can't tolerate. The "food is gross" effect is something I don't mind, but at 1mg twice a week the Reta wipes out my drive. Next up for me is Tirz.
 
Reta may have its merits, but after 8 weeks on Tirz I feel no pull to switch to anything different at this point. The way it has curbed my appetite right from the beginning has been fantastic — pausing midway through a meal because I'm already full is a brand new feeling for me!

I realize the effects will probably fade eventually; I'm due to increase my dose shortly since the suppression is starting to dip a little, though at 2.5mg that was always going to happen.

Wishing you the best on your journey!
 
bjw76 said:

Reta may have its merits, but after 8 weeks on Tirz I feel no pull to switch to anything different at this point. The way it has curbed my appetite right from the beginning has been fantastic — pausing midway through a meal because I'm already full is a brand new feeling for me!

I realize the effects will probably fade eventually; I'm due to increase my dose shortly since the suppression is starting to dip a little, though at 2.5mg that was always going to happen.

Wishing you the best on your journey!
That hasn't been my experience at all. It really comes down to the individual. For me, 5mg has been my dose for months, and it still hits exactly like it did the first time I took it.

My sister is a different story — after 2 months she needed to move up to 7.5, and she's been stable at that level ever since.
 
chewonmysac said:

Copied and pasted from a different thread.

As someone who only uses Tirz, following how Reta has developed over the past year has been fun, funny, and hard to resist. From TikTok all the way to YouTube gym bros. The way sourcing works only made it seem more mysterious. Gym bros are great at sourcing. A perfect match. I doubt I'll ever give it a shot.

Tirz has done more for me than I ever hoped, clinically and personally, and the side effects have been minimal. At every point it has equaled or beaten Reta's clinical outcomes. Allodynia never happened to me, yet it appears to be Reta's most frequently reported side effect. Maybe that explains why the dropout rate in trials is twice as high. I'm not convinced they really understand the Glucagon/GIP ratio. Seeing it hit the general public later this year and the next will be interesting.

For me, switching from Tirz to Reta would be like trading in my gorgeous wife for a hot IG model, only to find out she has Herpes.
That particular claim doesn't hold up, though.

I follow what the post is getting at, but I don't see why it has to be framed as such an us-versus-them thing (I realize it came from another source and you were only passing it along). There's no reason to turn this into a "Team Tirz vs Team Reta" battle. Responses vary from person to person, and since everyone has different goals, a method that suits one person may not suit another as well. We're all heading the same direction, so the original writer has no reason to talk down to anyone.
 
joseblo said:

If you're looking to introduce a little glucagon agonist, consider throwing in some Survo (ghettoReta). By stacking 1mg of Survo, I managed to cut my Tirz dose from 7mg per week down to 5mg per week, kept all the upside, and barely noticed any sides.

Your results may differ!
What's survo!? 😯 Please tell me it's not another weight-loss peptide that'll pull me in!
 
Abrakebabra said:

chewonmysac said:

Copied and pasted from a different thread.

As someone who only uses Tirz, following how Reta has developed over the past year has been fun, funny, and hard to resist. From TikTok all the way to YouTube gym bros. The way sourcing works only made it seem more mysterious. Gym bros are great at sourcing. A perfect match. I doubt I'll ever give it a shot.

Tirz has done more for me than I ever hoped, clinically and personally, and the side effects have been minimal. At every point it has equaled or beaten Reta's clinical outcomes. Allodynia never happened to me, yet it appears to be Reta's most frequently reported side effect. Maybe that explains why the dropout rate in trials is twice as high. I'm not convinced they really understand the Glucagon/GIP ratio. Seeing it hit the general public later this year and the next will be interesting.

For me, switching from Tirz to Reta would be like trading in my gorgeous wife for a hot IG model, only to find out she has Herpes.
That particular claim doesn't hold up, though.

I follow what the post is getting at, but I don't see why it has to be framed as such an us-versus-them thing (I realize it came from another source and you were only passing it along). There's no reason to turn this into a "Team Tirz vs Team Reta" battle. Responses vary from person to person, and since everyone has different goals, a method that suits one person may not suit another as well. We're all heading the same direction, so the original writer has no reason to talk down to anyone.
I copied what I wrote in a different thread and posted it here. That text is mine — I wrote it. There's no disagreement here, only what I've noticed. This whole process has taught me a lot. I'm not clear on which detail is supposedly false. Everything I said came from my own experience. At 46 weeks, my total weight loss comes to 33.6%. For me, that's concrete evidence I can use to form a judgment so far. I definitely wasn't trying to talk down to anyone. What I meant is that the other option isn't automatically better, and I'm at peace with deciding not to switch.
 
Pokemon999 said:

joseblo said:

If you're looking to introduce a little glucagon agonist, consider throwing in some Survo (ghettoReta). By stacking 1mg of Survo, I managed to cut my Tirz dose from 7mg per week down to 5mg per week, kept all the upside, and barely noticed any sides.

Your results may differ!
What's survo!? 😯 Please tell me it's not another weight-loss peptide that'll pull me in!
The compound in question is survodutide — it works on both GLP1R and the glucagon receptor (GCGR), and its extended half-life means a single weekly injection is enough. Mazdutide is another option in the same category.

Peptides are everywhere, but I'd strongly suggest looking into proper protocols first. They differ widely, and a lot of what you'll find online is dubious. There was (maybe still is?) a Reddit sub called ghettoreta, though I have no idea if it's still around.
 
Back
Top