Reta vs Tirz: my personal winner is...

tendency

Explorer
Joined
Oct 21, 2025
Messages
242
Reaction score
0
Location
Midwest, USA
Reta topped out at 4mg/week for me — that's when the Allodynia and Anhedonia hit hard. Glucagon agonism has never sat right with me, and that's my main theory: my resting heart rate jumped 14 bpm and I simply felt .. off. Sure, I dropped good weight, but it came from food seeming kind of 'gross'. Yuck, even thinking about food repels me. Nausea was constant.

Tirz, though — tirz is my beauty. What an ass kicker. It just demolishes appetite. Feels like I've had gastric bypass x10. So stuffed. Kinda want to eat but just stuffed. So stuffed. I still kind of like food, but by holy jesus I'm stuffed and can't imagine eating. No allodynia (3.5mg/week). Some anhedonia but better. BPM down as well. It just feels cleaner to me.
 
If you're looking to introduce a little glucagon agonist, consider throwing in some Survo (ghettoReta). By stacking 1mg of Survo, I managed to cut my Tirz dose from 7mg per week down to 5mg per week, kept all the upside, and barely noticed any sides.

Your results may differ!
 
tendency said:

Reta topped out at 4mg/week for me — that's when the Allodynia and Anhedonia hit hard. Glucagon agonism has never sat right with me, and that's my main theory: my resting heart rate jumped 14 bpm and I simply felt .. off. Sure, I dropped good weight, but it came from food seeming kind of 'gross'. Yuck, even thinking about food repels me. Nausea was constant.

Tirz, though — tirz is my beauty. What an ass kicker. It just demolishes appetite. Feels like I've had gastric bypass x10. So stuffed. Kinda want to eat but just stuffed. So stuffed. I still kind of like food, but by holy jesus I'm stuffed and can't imagine eating. No allodynia (3.5mg/week). Some anhedonia but better. BPM down as well. It just feels cleaner to me.
Right now I'm on both — reta on Saturday, tirz on Wednesday. A lot of what you're seeing, I'm seeing too. HGH is part of my stack as well, and whenever tirz is in the mix, the two just seem to work better together. If I stick with just 1 of them, progress tends to flatline, so I switch back and forth between the 2.

Chopper
 
Even the thought of food makes me queasy, never mind putting it in my mouth and chewing it. That told me it was time to stop increasing the dose, since I wasn't able to eat and my body reacted as if it were starving — which would account for why the scale hasn't budged. I'm now at week 7 without going up, and things have improved: I can get some protein down, my water intake is higher, and I plan to hold at 10 mg for another week or 2 to check how I feel.

Sure, it does suppress appetite, but the weight isn't coming off the way it did back when I first began Sema. I went ahead and ordered Reta, though I may hold off on it until this Tir cycle wraps up and I take a break — then run a Reta course and reassess where I stand. Truth is, I can't really judge how well tir has performed until I switch to something different. Or just give it more time. You're not the only one in this spot.
 
joseblo said:

If you're looking to introduce a little glucagon agonist, consider throwing in some Survo (ghettoReta). By stacking 1mg of Survo, I managed to cut my Tirz dose from 7mg per week down to 5mg per week, kept all the upside, and barely noticed any sides.

Your results may differ!
I've been meaning to grab a few surveys so I can test this out for myself. People keep telling me great things about it.

Edit: Survo, haha
 
Money-wise, mixing budget reta (using survo or maz) makes no sense when tirz + reta works for you. Still, I enjoy switching things up just for fun.
 
Honestly, my approach is to rotate them — one on, one off. My wife prefers reta, since for her the food noise disappears. I still notice some noise when I take reta by itself 🤔
 
Chopper said:

tendency said:

Reta topped out at 4mg/week for me — that's when the Allodynia and Anhedonia hit hard. Glucagon agonism has never sat right with me, and that's my main theory: my resting heart rate jumped 14 bpm and I simply felt .. off. Sure, I dropped good weight, but it came from food seeming kind of 'gross'. Yuck, even thinking about food repels me. Nausea was constant.

Tirz, though — tirz is my beauty. What an ass kicker. It just demolishes appetite. Feels like I've had gastric bypass x10. So stuffed. Kinda want to eat but just stuffed. So stuffed. I still kind of like food, but by holy jesus I'm stuffed and can't imagine eating. No allodynia (3.5mg/week). Some anhedonia but better. BPM down as well. It just feels cleaner to me.
Right now I'm on both — reta on Saturday, tirz on Wednesday. A lot of what you're seeing, I'm seeing too. HGH is part of my stack as well, and whenever tirz is in the mix, the two just seem to work better together. If I stick with just 1 of them, progress tends to flatline, so I switch back and forth between the 2.

Chopper
What dose are you running? Right now I’m taking 5 mg of Reta alongside 5 mg of Tirz, but so far Tirz hasn’t done much for me.
 
dokterp said:

Chopper said:

tendency said:

Reta topped out at 4mg/week for me — that's when the Allodynia and Anhedonia hit hard. Glucagon agonism has never sat right with me, and that's my main theory: my resting heart rate jumped 14 bpm and I simply felt .. off. Sure, I dropped good weight, but it came from food seeming kind of 'gross'. Yuck, even thinking about food repels me. Nausea was constant.

Tirz, though — tirz is my beauty. What an ass kicker. It just demolishes appetite. Feels like I've had gastric bypass x10. So stuffed. Kinda want to eat but just stuffed. So stuffed. I still kind of like food, but by holy jesus I'm stuffed and can't imagine eating. No allodynia (3.5mg/week). Some anhedonia but better. BPM down as well. It just feels cleaner to me.
Right now I'm on both — reta on Saturday, tirz on Wednesday. A lot of what you're seeing, I'm seeing too. HGH is part of my stack as well, and whenever tirz is in the mix, the two just seem to work better together. If I stick with just 1 of them, progress tends to flatline, so I switch back and forth between the 2.

Chopper
What dose are you running? Right now I’m taking 5 mg of Reta alongside 5 mg of Tirz, but so far Tirz hasn’t done much for me.
Tirz at 5mg and Reta at 4mg. With Reta, appetite suppression is minimal, yet increasing it brings unbearable skin sensitivity. For me, Tirz eliminates food cravings—I remained on just 2.5mg Tirz for 3 months.

Chopper
 
Calm Logic said:

Money-wise, mixing budget reta (using survo or maz) makes no sense when tirz + reta works for you. Still, I enjoy switching things up just for fun.

Same here,

That's exactly why my stash is Tirz and Reta rather than Survo. Still, curiosity gets the better of me with Survo, so chances are I'll grab just 1 to test it out lol.

Chopper
 
tendency said:

Reta topped out at 4mg/week for me — that's when the Allodynia and Anhedonia hit hard. Glucagon agonism has never sat right with me, and that's my main theory: my resting heart rate jumped 14 bpm and I simply felt .. off. Sure, I dropped good weight, but it came from food seeming kind of 'gross'. Yuck, even thinking about food repels me. Nausea was constant.

Tirz, though — tirz is my beauty. What an ass kicker. It just demolishes appetite. Feels like I've had gastric bypass x10. So stuffed. Kinda want to eat but just stuffed. So stuffed. I still kind of like food, but by holy jesus I'm stuffed and can't imagine eating. No allodynia (3.5mg/week). Some anhedonia but better. BPM down as well. It just feels cleaner to me.
Is it possible you're living my exact life? My situation matches yours to a T. Tirz was my only peptide until I layered in reta to break through a stall. The reta dose never got past 4mg because of the same things you described: I felt flat, my resting heart rate climbed, sleep went downhill, I was chillier than usual, and eating became a chore. The trade-off wasn't worth it (roughly 3 pounds lost across 7 weeks, so nothing dramatic). Now I'm solely on tirz once more, and I feel normal - and in charge - again. My guess is the dual agonist simply works with my body's setup and does what it does. Next step is bumping the tirz dose a little higher to test whether that shifts the plateau, long before I'd look at anything else like sema or cagri.
 
Reta has become my muse. For 1 month I dealt with skin sensitivity and had a stretch of constipation, yet nothing else came up. The past 2 months I've stayed at 10 mg, and as of this morning I'm down 70 lbs. It feels like it was designed with me in mind.
 
Chili777 said:

Reta has become my muse. For 1 month I dealt with skin sensitivity and had a stretch of constipation, yet nothing else came up. The past 2 months I've stayed at 10 mg, and as of this morning I'm down 70 lbs. It feels like it was designed with me in mind.
It's great that you're getting such good results! That's a real upside of handling this ourselves. If a particular approach isn't panning out, we're free to switch things up without needing to get the go-ahead from anyone lol.
 
joseblo said:

If you're looking to introduce a little glucagon agonist, consider throwing in some Survo (ghettoReta). By stacking 1mg of Survo, I managed to cut my Tirz dose from 7mg per week down to 5mg per week, kept all the upside, and barely noticed any sides.

Your results may differ!
A somewhat makeshift reta (with genuine reta thrown in):

Gemini said:


DayCompoundDosePrimary FocusDay 1Tirzepatide2.5mg – 5.0mgGIP / GLP-1 (The Anchor)Day 3Maz OR Survo1.0mg / 0.4mgGlucagon / GLP-1 (Metabolic Spark)Day 5Retatrutide1.0mg – 2.0mgGIP / GLP-1 / Glucagon (The Finisher)

Click to expand...
 
It would be great if those dose plotting tools could layer several tides on top of each other. From what I saw in the 2 I checked out, there was no way to do that.
 
For me, Reta comes out on top. Those last 10 lbs came off with reta. Fat and sugar get torn apart by the gip and glucagon agonist. Eating was still possible. Feeling starved isn't required to know it's doing its job. Let your scale and body fat be you guide.

Less glucagon is what you get when tirzapatide is stacked in.
 
Copied and pasted from a different thread.

As someone who only uses Tirz, following how Reta has developed over the past year has been fun, funny, and hard to resist. From TikTok all the way to YouTube gym bros. The way sourcing works only made it seem more mysterious. Gym bros are great at sourcing. A perfect match. I doubt I'll ever give it a shot.

Tirz has done more for me than I ever hoped, clinically and personally, and the side effects have been minimal. At every point it has equaled or beaten Reta's clinical outcomes. Allodynia never happened to me, yet it appears to be Reta's most frequently reported side effect. Maybe that explains why the dropout rate in trials is twice as high. I'm not convinced they really understand the Glucagon/GIP ratio. Seeing it hit the general public later this year and the next will be interesting.

For me, switching from Tirz to Reta would be like trading in my gorgeous wife for a hot IG model, only to find out she has Herpes.
 
Youarewhen said:

It would be great if those dose plotting tools could layer several tides on top of each other. From what I saw in the 2 I checked out, there was no way to do that.

My go-to app is Smart Peptide Tracker, available for both Android and iOS. Several peptides can be logged simultaneously with it.

Inventory management is another feature it offers
 
My go-to stack is 8mg Reta plus 1mg Cagri. When I pushed Reta to 12mg, my sleep really suffered, and sticking with 8mg left me stuck at a plateau for roughly 3 months. That's why I added Cagri about a month back, and I've been slowly raising it to a point where appetite suppression feels right — I'm not skipping meals entirely, I can still eat enough to hit my protein target for the day, and I've got the energy to train.
 
Back
Top