Reta Turns Cloudy 1 Week After Mixing

Nerker

Explorer
Joined
Feb 3, 2026
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Location
Los Angeles
Hi,

Last Saturday I mixed 20mg of reta using 2ml of bac water (came from the vendor, not Hospira). That was my 1st time doing it. I stuck to the protocol (let the powder sit out from the freezer until room temp, used alcohol wipes, aimed the bac down the vial wall), and the result was crystal clear.

After 1 week, I took the Reta out of the fridge (37F) and saw it was cloudy. I ran some searches / asked AI, and roughly 20 minutes later it had turned crystal clear again. So I injected my 2mg dose. Nothing bad happened.

The answer I landed on was "cold-induced protein aggregation" or "cold related solubility behavior".

Also, I reached out to the vendor. A new vial plus Hospira is on the way.

So, does anyone else here see cloudiness that goes away once it warms to room temperature?
 
Nerker said:

Hi,

Last Saturday I mixed 20mg of reta using 2ml of bac water (came from the vendor, not Hospira). That was my 1st time doing it. I stuck to the protocol (let the powder sit out from the freezer until room temp, used alcohol wipes, aimed the bac down the vial wall), and the result was crystal clear.

After 1 week, I took the Reta out of the fridge (37F) and saw it was cloudy. I ran some searches / asked AI, and roughly 20 minutes later it had turned crystal clear again. So I injected my 2mg dose. Nothing bad happened.

The answer I landed on was "cold-induced protein aggregation" or "cold related solubility behavior".

Also, I reached out to the vendor. A new vial plus Hospira is on the way.

So, does anyone else here see cloudiness that goes away once it warms to room temperature?
This is my second 30mg Reta vial, and the two came from separate suppliers. Cloudiness like that hasn't happened with either one.
 
Condensation is the only thing I've seen like that — it can make a vial look kind of cloudy until you wipe it away. That hasn't happened to me.
 
I came across an account of a person whose freshly mixed Reta vial, using factory bac water and everything kept at room temperature, ended up cloudy. Is that expected or safe? A different vial from that same batch turned out okay when Hospira was used.
 
Nerker said:

Hi,

Last Saturday I mixed 20mg of reta using 2ml of bac water (came from the vendor, not Hospira). That was my 1st time doing it. I stuck to the protocol (let the powder sit out from the freezer until room temp, used alcohol wipes, aimed the bac down the vial wall), and the result was crystal clear.

After 1 week, I took the Reta out of the fridge (37F) and saw it was cloudy. I ran some searches / asked AI, and roughly 20 minutes later it had turned crystal clear again. So I injected my 2mg dose. Nothing bad happened.

The answer I landed on was "cold-induced protein aggregation" or "cold related solubility behavior".

Also, I reached out to the vendor. A new vial plus Hospira is on the way.

So, does anyone else here see cloudiness that goes away once it warms to room temperature?
I lowered the temp in my fridge last week, and a few of my peptides turned "thick". They weren't cloudy and they weren't frozen—more like a gel. Once I took them out of the fridge, they went back to normal.
 
Yep. Bit of a head scratcher given it was my very first. Discouraging, but I gotta learn.

Had I slipped up somewhere, it was not obvious.

Plenty of clear, successful reconstitutions get reported on here.

The vendor already sent a replacement and threw hospira in as well.

Crypto and kit buying are still ahead of me-that's my next merit badge.

Had I ten of these 20mg, I'd have given it another go. As things stand, no side effects.

If it will not go clear at room temperature, it definitely gets tossed.

Related note, I read that too much powder in too little bacstatic water could create this aggregation.

I have heard the unit of measure being 1 MG to 1 mL.

Does anyone have data on too much powder and too little water?
 
Nerker said:

Yep. Bit of a head scratcher given it was my very first. Discouraging, but I gotta learn.

Had I slipped up somewhere, it was not obvious.

Plenty of clear, successful reconstitutions get reported on here.

The vendor already sent a replacement and threw hospira in as well.

Crypto and kit buying are still ahead of me-that's my next merit badge.

Had I ten of these 20mg, I'd have given it another go. As things stand, no side effects.

If it will not go clear at room temperature, it definitely gets tossed.

Related note, I read that too much powder in too little bacstatic water could create this aggregation.

I have heard the unit of measure being 1 MG to 1 mL.

Does anyone have data on too much powder and too little water?
There’s no actual rule that says you must use 1mg per 1mL — it’s simply a highly diluted example. Many users go with 5–10mg/mL and have no problems. What matters is if it

dissolves fully and clearly again.

To make that less likely to happen another time, you could try 2–3mL on your next mix so the concentration is a bit lower.
 
Appreciate it. For my upcoming reconstitution, I had planned to increase the Bac amount.

Update: Monday is when the Wife pins. The vial was retrieved and still looked cloudy, so we discarded it.
 
Vendor BAC is usually what's behind this kind of problem.

Just adding a few more personal experiences: I'm now on vial number 7, mixed to 10mg/ml, stored at 30*F (the lower part of my fridge has some odd temperature swings). Not once has a vial turned cloudy for me.
 
There are people who say GLP-1s don't need Hospira and that "lower-grade BAC water works just as well."

The BAC from the vendor is probably what's causing this. Is the problem the quality of the BAC those vendors sell?

Meaning what — it's contaminated? Its pH is off?

Starting now, I'll be using Hospira.

Has anyone come across Janoshik's opinions on this? By the way, his actual name is Peter Magic!!

Taken from an interview included in the attachment. I came across this just now in the Reta forum here on GLP-1

Janoshik gives his answers to the following questions

Q: When reconstituting peptides, is BAC water needed?

A: For injection, I've only ever used sterile saline. BAC water isn't used at all in Europe, or at least not where I am.

Q: For reconstituting my peptides, should I go with saline or bacteriostatic water?

A: In my strong opinion, plain saline for injection is the best option. In the EU, bacteriostatic water is essentially unheard of. Saline at 0.9 NaCl. Bacteriostatic water slows bacterial multiplication, and bacteria are able to feed on and survive off proteins/peptides.

Q: If I reconstitute with sterile water instead of BAC water, will I destroy my valuable peptides? Or would the shelf life differ a lot between the two?

A: For the most part, as long as you don't get local [injection site] discomfort, it makes no difference which sterile water you use.

Q: Do you suggest saline water for vials meant for multiple uses? If BAC isn't used for reconstitution, how many days/weeks could you keep using the vial?

A: I believe my record was around a month and a half, roughly 10 years ago, with Melanotan II — possibly two months.
 
Nerker said:

There are people who say GLP-1s don't need Hospira and that "lower-grade BAC water works just as well."

The BAC from the vendor is probably what's causing this. Is the problem the quality of the BAC those vendors sell?

Meaning what — it's contaminated? Its pH is off?

Starting now, I'll be using Hospira.

Has anyone come across Janoshik's opinions on this? By the way, his actual name is Peter Magic!!

Taken from an interview included in the attachment. I came across this just now in the Reta forum here on GLP-1

Janoshik gives his answers to the following questions

Q: When reconstituting peptides, is BAC water needed?

A: For injection, I've only ever used sterile saline. BAC water isn't used at all in Europe, or at least not where I am.

Q: For reconstituting my peptides, should I go with saline or bacteriostatic water?

A: In my strong opinion, plain saline for injection is the best option. In the EU, bacteriostatic water is essentially unheard of. Saline at 0.9 NaCl. Bacteriostatic water slows bacterial multiplication, and bacteria are able to feed on and survive off proteins/peptides.

Q: If I reconstitute with sterile water instead of BAC water, will I destroy my valuable peptides? Or would the shelf life differ a lot between the two?

A: For the most part, as long as you don't get local [injection site] discomfort, it makes no difference which sterile water you use.

Q: Do you suggest saline water for vials meant for multiple uses? If BAC isn't used for reconstitution, how many days/weeks could you keep using the vial?

A: I believe my record was around a month and a half, roughly 10 years ago, with Melanotan II — possibly two months.
Sure, a lot of folks get along fine with vendor BAC. That said, hang around these forums long enough and a pattern shows up: 99% of the problems people report trace back to vendor BAC.

What exactly is going on, I can't say. My assumption is that most people never send their vendor BAC out for testing, which makes sense. The handful of results that have circulated looked quite poor, though that's the kind of sample you'd expect from confirmation bias. My hunch leans toward a pH problem.

And yes, the Peter Magic interviews have made the rounds here. Using sterile water isn't something I'd flatly reject, but if you're in the U.S. and Hospira is easy to get, what's the argument against it? That goes double when the peptide you're mixing will be punctured repeatedly and stored for weeks. That closing remark of his doesn't sit right with me. Why gamble? In the EU I get that sourcing is tougher, but that isn't the situation here.
 
Understood. And I'm going to Hospira. I was stuck because I had no kit on hand. (The first one is en route!) So tossing it and starting fresh wasn't an option.
 
woundcarping said:

Condensation is the only thing I've seen like that — it can make a vial look kind of cloudy until you wipe it away. That hasn't happened to me.
I'll second that.
 
My reconstitution solution came from Amazon, and reconstituting Tirz or Reta has never given me any problems—it works flawlessly every time. What source are you using for your bac water?
 
Back
Top