Reta, Tesa, or Tirz — which one fits my situation?

Jimmymiro12

Explorer
Joined
May 30, 2026
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Location
PA
Right now my nutrition is on point and I'm consistent in the gym, but I'd like to bring peptides into the picture.

A quick question about how to use peptides.

The choices I'm weighing:

Reta

Tesa

Tirz

Advice is all over the place — some people tell me Reta alone, others suggest stacking Reta with Tesa, and a few push Tirz instead.

When the goal is fat loss while still keeping macros and training dialed in, what does the community generally lean toward?

I only plan to run it for 2-3 months, since my aim is simply to shed the fat/weight and then keep moving forward from that point.

Thanks in advance
 
What I’ve gone through myself with tirz and reta (Tesa is still untested for me)

For 12 weeks I stayed at tirz’s lowest dose, and 13kg came off. My appetite was almost nonexistent, and I really had no energy for much physical activity.

Right now I’m on reta (4-5 weeks in), and the suppression is nowhere near as strong, so I can still hit my protein and avoid losing muscle or ending up with pancake butt 😂

Plenty of people I know use reta for that exact reason - they aren’t aiming to shed a huge amount of fat and they want to keep muscle.
 
Jimmymiro12 said:

Right now my nutrition is on point and I'm consistent in the gym, but I'd like to bring peptides into the picture.

A quick question about how to use peptides.

The choices I'm weighing:

Reta

Tesa

Tirz

Advice is all over the place — some people tell me Reta alone, others suggest stacking Reta with Tesa, and a few push Tirz instead.

When the goal is fat loss while still keeping macros and training dialed in, what does the community generally lean toward?

I only plan to run it for 2-3 months, since my aim is simply to shed the fat/weight and then keep moving forward from that point.

Thanks in advance
Reta plus hgh, or tesa
 
Tesa targets visceral fat. If your visceral fat isn’t high, tesa probably isn’t worth it. Have you confirmed that visceral fat is actually a problem for you?

For someone new to peptides who wants to cut, my own choice would be retatrutide as the starting point. Compared with tirzepatide, it’s the stronger option.
 
chest rockwell said:

From what I recall seeing somewhere on this forum, Tesa leads to greater visceral fat burning, yet it also causes more water retention.

Indeed, a number of users mention notable water retention at the start, yet once use is discontinued or the body adapts, that fluid buildup clears up relatively fast. This falls under the usual GH-class response.

Appetite can also rise for some people taking tesamorelin, and without keeping it in check, that might result in unwanted weight gain.
 
JourneyToPerfection said:

What I’ve gone through myself with tirz and reta (Tesa is still untested for me)

For 12 weeks I stayed at tirz’s lowest dose, and 13kg came off. My appetite was almost nonexistent, and I really had no energy for much physical activity.

Right now I’m on reta (4-5 weeks in), and the suppression is nowhere near as strong, so I can still hit my protein and avoid losing muscle or ending up with pancake butt 😂

Plenty of people I know use reta for that exact reason - they aren’t aiming to shed a huge amount of fat and they want to keep muscle.
Hahaha😂😆
 
Without knowing your weight, height, age, or how much you're aiming to drop, I have to make some assumptions — but if we're talking roughly 10% of body weight, reta stands out as the clear pick for fat reduction. In people who aren't heavily overweight, it appears to perform remarkably well even at small doses: 1mg yielded an average 9% loss over a year, while 4mg produced roughly 20% over 80 weeks. If you're thinking about a faster timeline, ramping up gradually — beginning at 2mg and reaching 4mg by 2 months — is doable, but it won't deliver the full weight-loss payoff that quickly if you're chasing big changes within 2-3 months. Realistically, the greatest loss at any given dose takes around a year or slightly longer, and accelerating the dose increases to chase quicker outcomes may raise the chance of more severe side effects.
 
JourneyToPerfection said:

What I’ve gone through myself with tirz and reta (Tesa is still untested for me)

For 12 weeks I stayed at tirz’s lowest dose, and 13kg came off. My appetite was almost nonexistent, and I really had no energy for much physical activity.

Right now I’m on reta (4-5 weeks in), and the suppression is nowhere near as strong, so I can still hit my protein and avoid losing muscle or ending up with pancake butt 😂

Plenty of people I know use reta for that exact reason - they aren’t aiming to shed a huge amount of fat and they want to keep muscle.
I picked reta for the same reason you brought up. My training sessions are fairly intense, and I don't want my energy for them to drop — I need to keep eating enough and hold onto my muscle, all while shedding some fat!
 
If cutting is your only goal, reta seems like the right pick. And if appetite control already comes easily to you, staying at or below 4mg per week might be all you need.

For a slight boost in workout performance, MOTSC is worth considering—but there are plenty of supplements I'd try before turning to peptides.

CNCCurrency said:

Jimmymiro12 said:

Right now my nutrition is on point and I'm consistent in the gym, but I'd like to bring peptides into the picture.

A quick question about how to use peptides.

The choices I'm weighing:

Reta

Tesa

Tirz

Advice is all over the place — some people tell me Reta alone, others suggest stacking Reta with Tesa, and a few push Tirz instead.

When the goal is fat loss while still keeping macros and training dialed in, what does the community generally lean toward?

I only plan to run it for 2-3 months, since my aim is simply to shed the fat/weight and then keep moving forward from that point.

Thanks in advance
Reta plus hgh, or tesa
They probably aren't ready for full gh anyway. That said, why bring up gh or tesa for someone whose cut is only 2-3 months long? GH takes time.

Grogu said:

Tesa targets visceral fat. If your visceral fat isn’t high, tesa probably isn’t worth it. Have you confirmed that visceral fat is actually a problem for you?

For someone new to peptides who wants to cut, my own choice would be retatrutide as the starting point. Compared with tirzepatide, it’s the stronger option.
Tesa isn't specifically "for visceral fat"—that's simply the focus of the studies that got it approved. It's a GH-promoting agent, nothing more.

It leads to water retention, aids fat loss (visceral fat included, to use the buzzword), and may improve sleep quality and recovery. In worse cases, the water retention can trigger additional side effects.
 
Back
Top