Reta Stall

Bingey666

Explorer
Joined
Jun 29, 2026
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
Sussex - Uk
Anyone else made the move from semaglutide over to reta? If that's you, what was your experience like? I switched 8 weeks back. Began at 2mg, and I'm at 4mg now, but since starting reta I haven't dropped any weight, whereas with semaglutide the losses were consistent. The reason I switched was for the muscle benefits, but if I don't start seeing some losses soon, I'm thinking about going back.
 
Bingey666 said:

Anyone else made the move from semaglutide over to reta? If that's you, what was your experience like? I switched 8 weeks back. Began at 2mg, and I'm at 4mg now, but since starting reta I haven't dropped any weight, whereas with semaglutide the losses were consistent. The reason I switched was for the muscle benefits, but if I don't start seeing some losses soon, I'm thinking about going back.

What about trying a small amount of CAGRI? For me it changed everything. Go up in dose very gradually. Six months in, I'm still between 0.5mg and 1.0mg; if the noise feels stronger, I'll take that additional half mg.
 
Looking at the bright side, your weight is holding steady, right? That could mean some body recomp is happening, with muscle going up and fat going down.

If TRT is still part of your routine, it might be contributing to a bigger appetite, even though it would also support body recomp. And it's worth remembering that the first round of weight loss is always going to come off better / faster.

Should you still have sema on hand, stacking it in is clearly an option as well.

That said, I'm a reta fan, so my 2 cents would be to keep pushing the reta higher, maybe less conservatively than you have before. Splitting the dose can help with side effects when titrating up.
 
Those who move over to reta after using sema or tirz, particularly when they had already been taking them for a while, often say they need larger reta doses before weight-loss happens. 4mg may be too low.

No two people respond the same way, and reta happened to be my first GLP, yet even then consistent weight-loss only showed up once I reached 6mg.
 
Researcher.Rigby said:

Those who move over to reta after using sema or tirz, particularly when they had already been taking them for a while, often say they need larger reta doses before weight-loss happens. 4mg may be too low.

No two people respond the same way, and reta happened to be my first GLP, yet even then consistent weight-loss only showed up once I reached 6mg.
Yeah, 3 mg taken twice weekly is something I'd think about — in theory that could address rebound hunger, rather than only managing side effects.

After that, if a week or two passes with zero effect, you might try switching to every other day (EOD) dosing the following week, dividing 8 mg per week across those days. "Don't stop 'til you get enough" haha.

Sunday - 2 mg

Tuesday - 2 mg

Thursday - 2 mg

Saturday - 2 mg

Obviously, at any point you can skip doses depending on how things are hitting you.
 
I belong to the go low and go slow club, but... Here in the forum we have hyper responders, average responders, and low responders all together.

It could be that reaching your goal will take a higher dose eventually, yet beginning low and moving up carries much less risk. So 4 weeks at 2mg, then 4 weeks at 4mg? That point is almost here.
 
Thanks everyone for the responses. I'm nearly at the point of moving up to 6mg, so perhaps I'll give that a go, though split as 3mg twice weekly, to see how it treats me.

TRT is part of my routine as well, so it might be working against the appetite suppression — which could explain why my dose needed to be higher than the one my wife used.
 
SoCalGirl said:

What about trying a small amount of CAGRI? For me it changed everything. Go up in dose very gradually. Six months in, I'm still between 0.5mg and 1.0mg; if the noise feels stronger, I'll take that additional half mg.
Someone else has mentioned this same thing previously. If you're still only on 0.5mg after 6 months, what dose did you begin with?
 
Bingey666 said:

Someone else has mentioned this same thing previously. If you're still only on 0.5mg after 6 months, what dose did you begin with?
Cagril has a reputation for being potent... a lot of people begin with a very small amount just to gauge their reaction....

125mcg is a typical starting amount for someone new....gl
 
Reta's effect on weight comes down to how long you take it and how much you take. Stay with it, and as the side effects fade, raise the dose. If it's done the right way, the success rate is close to 100%. One more thing to remember: not all Reta is the same.
 
Back
Top