Reta Stack Choices — What Would You Pick?

gimmeshelter

Explorer
Joined
Feb 22, 2026
Messages
162
Reaction score
0
Location
NC
Stats:

54M, reta arriving shortly. My plan is to run it solo for 1 month to acclimate, then I'm considering stacking to push things into overdrive. Goals: drop weight, hold onto muscle.

The stats:

6 5" 255, aiming to reach 225 and get leaner.

In the gym 3-4 days each week.

When the weather shifts I'll be roadbiking 75-125 miles weekly, zone 2/3/4/5 depending on that day's ride.

Diet is ok, I'm working on it daily — more protein, less processed food.

Like everyone here, I want to lose LBS while keeping or adding muscle. Gym and diet aren't a problem, I stay active.

What would you choose, or would you pick something else to stack with Reta for muscle retention and fat loss?

These are the options I've been researching and tracking as best I can. I'm sure I missed a few.

🌶️Reta+Tesa

🌶️Reta+Tesa+IPA

🌶️Reta + CJC1295/IPA

Thoughts?
 
For me, tesa wouldn’t be introduced until I’m fairly near my target weight. If you keep protein intake high and stick with your training, that should be enough to preserve muscle. Bringing tesa in around GW can support the last stretch of fat loss and costs less than using it while there’s still weight left to lose. That’s simply how I’d approach it, though.

There are plenty of alternatives, so it really depends on what you’re comfortable with and the risks you’re willing to take. A SARM such as Ostarine may also help hold onto muscle, but it means staying diligent about liver enzyme and hormone labs. Regardless, it’s good that you plan to run reta by itself for a while. A lot of folks stack several compounds right away before they know how one is affecting them or which side effects come from what.

Keep us posted on your choice and how it goes for you!
 
From what you wrote, reta alone seems like it would cover your needs. How many calories are you taking in now, and what do you figure your BMR is? A 500 calorie deficit, reta, and 175-200 grams of protein ought to get you most of the way there.
 
To start, I raised my TRT dose to twice what it was — previously just 50mg/wk.

I track what I eat and split it into smaller servings spaced 2.5 hrs apart.

Daily totals: 1900 calories, 140g protein, 25g fibre.

Hit the gym every day! Take a walk following both lunch and dinner.

Also, a Mots-C 40mg kit is now on order. Shipping has happened, delivery expected next week.
 
CJC-1295/Ipamorelin combined with Reta deserves a look. My three-month run is nearly finished. Even while weight kept dropping, that combination let strength and muscle continue to build. A handful of pounds from water retention will show up, though it tends to disappear not long after you quit.
 
  • Reta + Tesa = both compounds have extensive research behind them and proven results. After experimenting with your other 2 choices, this is the combination I ultimately went with. Tesa should be a big help for recovering after your rides.
  • Reta + Tesa + Ipa = everything listed above, but Ipa adds more hunger. If you are not cautious, IGF-1 may climb too high. Whichever route you pick, get it tested.
  • Reta + CJC/Ipa = compared with Tesa, these GH agents have much less research behind them. Every GH secretagogue is trying to raise IGF-1. Tesa accomplishes that extremely well and has the largest body of scientific and safety data, so in my view there is no reason to use the others. CJC disrupted my sleep.

    Also, for men 50+, Reta + Tesa + TRT is the combo to beat IMO. If you keep the Tesa and TRT in the high-normal range with regular testing, the risk-reward ratio is very favorable.
 
ronin365 said:

CJC-1295/Ipamorelin combined with Reta deserves a look. My three-month run is nearly finished. Even while weight kept dropping, that combination let strength and muscle continue to build. A handful of pounds from water retention will show up, though it tends to disappear not long after you quit.
When you stop reta and CJC-1295, will you cut them out entirely or step down gradually to zero? For reta specifically, there are many approaches—either cycling off or tapering to a maintenance dose and staying there.
 
Daisbuys said:


Just wondering how y’all getting on running Reta alongside road cycling?

Are you finding training difficult at all?

Is there a certain amount of time you can get by until you hit a wall per se?

I’m looking to do approximately 14 weeks on Reta to try and drop 10kg (100 now) by May, as I’m cycling into the Pyrenees at the end of May with approximately 400 miles of cycling, so need to lose a good 10kg to get up these mountain climbs.

My concern is when the Reta starts taking effect I won’t be able to sustain longer training rides of 2-6 hours?

Anyone here managing or not managing at all on the exercise front for long durations?

I will be taking a carbohydrate and electrolytes drink on these rides to keep me fuelled for the duration….im just hoping that will be enough 🤞🏼

Click to expand...

jtx05 said:


up to date reta stock in US warehouses?

Click to expand...

AcadiaPeptides said:


I am seeing my local PCP in a few weeks. This is the same PCP that prescribed me Zepbound and then we both understood I would not be taking that due to the price.

Same PCP then suggested (without knowing what we know) that I should explore options like Hims. (and we all know how THAT works)

So I am planning on sharing with them my telehealth journey I have been on this year, Share with them my telehealth research, CAUTION them about recommending Hims, and leave it at that.

I will not share about the grey research for reasons mentioned already in this thread.

Click to expand...

Fingermouse said:

I'm mainly trying to figure out whether, when moving over to a pen that lasts a month, I'd have to buy fresh bac water with each new vial. From what I'm hearing, that seems to be how it works — the 30ml only stays good for a month (or 2-3 months if you're taking a chance). Hmmm. Good to know, thanks Soapy!

WeezinDaJuice said:


So quick it was like buying domestic but with China prices.

Click to expand...

Dogmandu said:

  • Reta + Tesa = both compounds have extensive research behind them and proven results. After experimenting with your other 2 choices, this is the combination I ultimately went with. Tesa should be a big help for recovering after your rides.
  • Reta + Tesa + Ipa = everything listed above, but Ipa adds more hunger. If you are not cautious, IGF-1 may climb too high. Whichever route you pick, get it tested.
  • Reta + CJC/Ipa = compared with Tesa, these GH agents have much less research behind them. Every GH secretagogue is trying to raise IGF-1. Tesa accomplishes that extremely well and has the largest body of scientific and safety data, so in my view there is no reason to use the others. CJC disrupted my sleep.

    Also, for men 50+, Reta + Tesa + TRT is the combo to beat IMO. If you keep the Tesa and TRT in the high-normal range with regular testing, the risk-reward ratio is very favorable.
Yeah, I'm 54. My total test came back at 565 in 2024, which I figure falls within the normal range. I feel fine right now and my energy is where it should be. If someone starts TRT, aren't they basically locked into it for life in most cases?
 
gimmeshelter said:

ronin365 said:

CJC-1295/Ipamorelin combined with Reta deserves a look. My three-month run is nearly finished. Even while weight kept dropping, that combination let strength and muscle continue to build. A handful of pounds from water retention will show up, though it tends to disappear not long after you quit.
When you stop reta and CJC-1295, will you cut them out entirely or step down gradually to zero? For reta specifically, there are many approaches—either cycling off or tapering to a maintenance dose and staying there.
I won't stop Reta until my goal weight is hit. The CJC-1295/Ipa supply runs out within roughly a week, so that's when I'll end it. Once I do stop Reta, the plan is to taper by .5 mg each week, letting my body adapt and settle at a fresh baseline. Based on what I've come across, quitting Reta abruptly is a poor move if you're trying to protect the progress you've made. Since Reta amounts to a full metabolic reset for the body, tapering off gradually strikes me as the sensible approach.
 
gimmeshelter said:

Daisbuys said:


Just wondering how y’all getting on running Reta alongside road cycling?

Are you finding training difficult at all?

Is there a certain amount of time you can get by until you hit a wall per se?

I’m looking to do approximately 14 weeks on Reta to try and drop 10kg (100 now) by May, as I’m cycling into the Pyrenees at the end of May with approximately 400 miles of cycling, so need to lose a good 10kg to get up these mountain climbs.

My concern is when the Reta starts taking effect I won’t be able to sustain longer training rides of 2-6 hours?

Anyone here managing or not managing at all on the exercise front for long durations?

I will be taking a carbohydrate and electrolytes drink on these rides to keep me fuelled for the duration….im just hoping that will be enough 🤞🏼

Click to expand...

jtx05 said:


up to date reta stock in US warehouses?

Click to expand...

AcadiaPeptides said:


I am seeing my local PCP in a few weeks. This is the same PCP that prescribed me Zepbound and then we both understood I would not be taking that due to the price.

Same PCP then suggested (without knowing what we know) that I should explore options like Hims. (and we all know how THAT works)

So I am planning on sharing with them my telehealth journey I have been on this year, Share with them my telehealth research, CAUTION them about recommending Hims, and leave it at that.

I will not share about the grey research for reasons mentioned already in this thread.

Click to expand...

Fingermouse said:

I'm mainly trying to figure out whether, when moving over to a pen that lasts a month, I'd have to buy fresh bac water with each new vial. From what I'm hearing, that seems to be how it works — the 30ml only stays good for a month (or 2-3 months if you're taking a chance). Hmmm. Good to know, thanks Soapy!

WeezinDaJuice said:


So quick it was like buying domestic but with China prices.

Click to expand...

Dogmandu said:

  • Reta + Tesa = both compounds have extensive research behind them and proven results. After experimenting with your other 2 choices, this is the combination I ultimately went with. Tesa should be a big help for recovering after your rides.
  • Reta + Tesa + Ipa = everything listed above, but Ipa adds more hunger. If you are not cautious, IGF-1 may climb too high. Whichever route you pick, get it tested.
  • Reta + CJC/Ipa = compared with Tesa, these GH agents have much less research behind them. Every GH secretagogue is trying to raise IGF-1. Tesa accomplishes that extremely well and has the largest body of scientific and safety data, so in my view there is no reason to use the others. CJC disrupted my sleep.

    Also, for men 50+, Reta + Tesa + TRT is the combo to beat IMO. If you keep the Tesa and TRT in the high-normal range with regular testing, the risk-reward ratio is very favorable.
Yeah, I'm 54. My total test came back at 565 in 2024, which I figure falls within the normal range. I feel fine right now and my energy is where it should be. If someone starts TRT, aren't they basically locked into it for life in most cases?
That beats what plenty of men in their 30s have. With the weight coming off, your T can climb even more on its own (it takes time):

Gemini said:


Phases of Testosterone Recovery

TimeframeWhat’s Happening Physiologically0–4 WeeksThe Suppression Phase: If you are in a caloric deficit to lose weight, your T-levels might actually stay low or even drop slightly due to the stress of the deficit and lower leptin levels.1–3 MonthsThe Balancing Phase: As you transition to maintenance calories and your body fat stabilizes, the reduction in aromatase (the enzyme in fat that converts T to Estrogen) begins to show. You’ll likely feel better before the bloodwork confirms it.3–6 MonthsThe Optimization Phase: This is typically when you see the peak "rebound." Studies often show significant increases in Total Testosterone (sometimes by 50–100 ng/dL or more) once a 10% reduction in body mass is maintained for a full quarter.

Click to expand...
Once I quit my diy TRT, my test level dropped below where it was before I began. No PCT for me — I simply let it recover by itself.
 
Calm Logic said:

gimmeshelter said:

Daisbuys said:


Just wondering how y’all getting on running Reta alongside road cycling?

Are you finding training difficult at all?

Is there a certain amount of time you can get by until you hit a wall per se?

I’m looking to do approximately 14 weeks on Reta to try and drop 10kg (100 now) by May, as I’m cycling into the Pyrenees at the end of May with approximately 400 miles of cycling, so need to lose a good 10kg to get up these mountain climbs.

My concern is when the Reta starts taking effect I won’t be able to sustain longer training rides of 2-6 hours?

Anyone here managing or not managing at all on the exercise front for long durations?

I will be taking a carbohydrate and electrolytes drink on these rides to keep me fuelled for the duration….im just hoping that will be enough 🤞🏼

Click to expand...

jtx05 said:


up to date reta stock in US warehouses?

Click to expand...

AcadiaPeptides said:


I am seeing my local PCP in a few weeks. This is the same PCP that prescribed me Zepbound and then we both understood I would not be taking that due to the price.

Same PCP then suggested (without knowing what we know) that I should explore options like Hims. (and we all know how THAT works)

So I am planning on sharing with them my telehealth journey I have been on this year, Share with them my telehealth research, CAUTION them about recommending Hims, and leave it at that.

I will not share about the grey research for reasons mentioned already in this thread.

Click to expand...

Fingermouse said:

I'm mainly trying to figure out whether, when moving over to a pen that lasts a month, I'd have to buy fresh bac water with each new vial. From what I'm hearing, that seems to be how it works — the 30ml only stays good for a month (or 2-3 months if you're taking a chance). Hmmm. Good to know, thanks Soapy!

WeezinDaJuice said:


So quick it was like buying domestic but with China prices.

Click to expand...

Dogmandu said:

  • Reta + Tesa = both compounds have extensive research behind them and proven results. After experimenting with your other 2 choices, this is the combination I ultimately went with. Tesa should be a big help for recovering after your rides.
  • Reta + Tesa + Ipa = everything listed above, but Ipa adds more hunger. If you are not cautious, IGF-1 may climb too high. Whichever route you pick, get it tested.
  • Reta + CJC/Ipa = compared with Tesa, these GH agents have much less research behind them. Every GH secretagogue is trying to raise IGF-1. Tesa accomplishes that extremely well and has the largest body of scientific and safety data, so in my view there is no reason to use the others. CJC disrupted my sleep.

    Also, for men 50+, Reta + Tesa + TRT is the combo to beat IMO. If you keep the Tesa and TRT in the high-normal range with regular testing, the risk-reward ratio is very favorable.
Yeah, I'm 54. My total test came back at 565 in 2024, which I figure falls within the normal range. I feel fine right now and my energy is where it should be. If someone starts TRT, aren't they basically locked into it for life in most cases?
That beats what plenty of men in their 30s have. With the weight coming off, your T can climb even more on its own (it takes time):

Gemini said:


Phases of Testosterone Recovery

TimeframeWhat’s Happening Physiologically0–4 WeeksThe Suppression Phase: If you are in a caloric deficit to lose weight, your T-levels might actually stay low or even drop slightly due to the stress of the deficit and lower leptin levels.1–3 MonthsThe Balancing Phase: As you transition to maintenance calories and your body fat stabilizes, the reduction in aromatase (the enzyme in fat that converts T to Estrogen) begins to show. You’ll likely feel better before the bloodwork confirms it.3–6 MonthsThe Optimization Phase: This is typically when you see the peak "rebound." Studies often show significant increases in Total Testosterone (sometimes by 50–100 ng/dL or more) once a 10% reduction in body mass is maintained for a full quarter.

Click to expand...
Once I quit my diy TRT, my test level dropped below where it was before I began. No PCT for me — I simply let it recover by itself.
I should get tested again this year. Already put in the request. Honestly it probably comes down to luck, since I never really did anything specifically to raise it, even though I train quite a bit with both weights and cardio. who knows lol
 
The more I consider it, 565 beats what plenty of guys in their 20s post as baseline/natty numbers on Meso. Plus:

Gemini said:


Mathematically, your natural production at age 54 is virtually identical to the average production of a healthy 21-year-old. Most men your age would have to inject testosterone weekly to reach the numbers you are maintaining naturally.

Click to expand...
That puts you ahead of the majority of men in their 30s, and a good number of those in their 20s too.
 
With the amount of exercise you're doing, reta by itself should do the job. It usually needs a few weeks or months before your body adjusts and it kicks in.

Stacking can help, but it also makes things harder to figure out. For the time being I'd stay away from stacks, unless a deadline is pushing you toward a specific goal.
 
Rickcaps said:

With the amount of exercise you're doing, reta by itself should do the job. It usually needs a few weeks or months before your body adjusts and it kicks in.

Stacking can help, but it also makes things harder to figure out. For the time being I'd stay away from stacks, unless a deadline is pushing you toward a specific goal.

Also, nobody shares before-and-after photos where GH peptides alone drove the weight loss. Even if someone did, plenty of people would doubt those peptides were the main cause.

And when GH peptides do cut fat, the scale might not move at all, so it becomes even trickier to draw any firm conclusion:

Gemini said:


ec8ba3bd248edc9a0c6607487bb9c07c86097029957de64053ec15eb5ed39760.webp


Click to expand...
 
Calm Logic said:

The more I consider it, 565 beats what plenty of guys in their 20s post as baseline/natty numbers on Meso. Plus:

Gemini said:


Mathematically, your natural production at age 54 is virtually identical to the average production of a healthy 21-year-old. Most men your age would have to inject testosterone weekly to reach the numbers you are maintaining naturally.

Click to expand...
That puts you ahead of the majority of men in their 30s, and a good number of those in their 20s too.
Honestly, that's hard to swallow. I really can't build muscle, facial hair is patchy, and so on. Maybe I'm reading it wrong — I'll just paste over what the lab sent me. No hair loss at least, lucky on that front, thanks mom !

Panel: (1) Testosterone, Total

TSTO 560.56 ng/dL, reference range 241.00-827.00

Note: a value flagged with an exclamation mark (!) didn't carry over into the flowsheet.

Report generated 06/10/2024, 10:07 AM

_______________________________________________________________________
 
Calm Logic said:

The more I consider it, 565 beats what plenty of guys in their 20s post as baseline/natty numbers on Meso. Plus:

Gemini said:


Mathematically, your natural production at age 54 is virtually identical to the average production of a healthy 21-year-old. Most men your age would have to inject testosterone weekly to reach the numbers you are maintaining naturally.

Click to expand...
That puts you ahead of the majority of men in their 30s, and a good number of those in their 20s too.
I'm starting reta with the goal of dropping 25, which would land me around 215 at 6 5'. So yeah, a lean build.
 
Back
Top