Reta side effects: do they hit right away or later on?

dandam

Explorer
Joined
Dec 26, 2025
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Location
Rome
For anyone on Reta: do the side effects kick in immediately after injecting, or do they only show up 2–3 days afterward?

I ask because 2 days post-injection I’ve been feeling a flatter mood, even though right after the shot and the day after that I was feeling great.

What I’m trying to figure out is whether this kind of timing lines up with Reta, or if other people have also had a similar lag.
 
2 days back I took my initial injection. Only a small amount. 0.5mg

At this point I'm unsure whether I caught some minor illness, whether it was a testosterone-related headache (I'd had that injection that same morning and they hit me occasionally), or whether it came down to how exhausted I was after staying awake far past my usual bedtime on new years eve the night before.

I've been completely wrecked. The kind of fatigue that flattens you. Head pounding, parched, no energy whatsoever, feeling awful.

Today I've mostly recovered, more or less.

My following injection is 36 hours away. We'll find out whether I can reproduce it for science.
 
That kind of response is unfamiliar to me, unless the initial injection was 5 mg rather than 0.5 mg. Some individuals are extreme responders and simply cannot handle it, yet that is a fairly low amount. That would be unfortunate.
 
Because retatrutide builds up in your system, staying on an unchanged dose for a month means the amount of the drug inside you keeps climbing.

From what I’ve seen, side effects that may occur—nausea, headaches, and burping—are tied to what you eat. The larger your portions and the greasier the food, the more likely these issues are to show up.
 
mrcool said:

2 days back I took my initial injection. Only a small amount. 0.5mg

At this point I'm unsure whether I caught some minor illness, whether it was a testosterone-related headache (I'd had that injection that same morning and they hit me occasionally), or whether it came down to how exhausted I was after staying awake far past my usual bedtime on new years eve the night before.

I've been completely wrecked. The kind of fatigue that flattens you. Head pounding, parched, no energy whatsoever, feeling awful.

Today I've mostly recovered, more or less.

My following injection is 36 hours away. We'll find out whether I can reproduce it for science.

I appreciate you sharing that. I'm just starting out too, and I figure another round of illness will hit in roughly 36 hours. Would you mind letting me know how things go following your 2nd shot? Thanks, and best of luck to you!
 
dandam said:

mrcool said:

2 days back I took my initial injection. Only a small amount. 0.5mg

At this point I'm unsure whether I caught some minor illness, whether it was a testosterone-related headache (I'd had that injection that same morning and they hit me occasionally), or whether it came down to how exhausted I was after staying awake far past my usual bedtime on new years eve the night before.

I've been completely wrecked. The kind of fatigue that flattens you. Head pounding, parched, no energy whatsoever, feeling awful.

Today I've mostly recovered, more or less.

My following injection is 36 hours away. We'll find out whether I can reproduce it for science.

I appreciate you sharing that. I'm just starting out too, and I figure another round of illness will hit in roughly 36 hours. Would you mind letting me know how things go following your 2nd shot? Thanks, and best of luck to you!
I'll keep you posted. Honestly, I suspect it's just a mild virus — something like a small cold.
 
At the injection site, a red spot and itching appear 1 day afterward, and they persist for roughly 5 days.
 
Back
Top