Reta round 2: which starting dose is effective?

DazDillinger

Explorer
Joined
Jul 19, 2025
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Location
Massachusetts
Last June I began Reta, and the results were excellent. My protocol was .5mg every other day at the outset, and by September I had worked up to 3 mg every other day. By December I had tapered back down to .5 mg every other day, after which I took close to a month off. The reason for that break was that I wanted to deliberately put on weight through training and food. Now it’s time to restart Reta, and I began at 1 mg every other day. Having taken 5 doses, I feel almost no suppression compared with what I had before. My guess is that I likely need a higher starting dose—has anyone else gone through this? I don’t want to increase too quickly, but the first time I noticed it after the second dose. Thanks, love Reta!
 
Same story here. Everything was working nicely on 1-2mg a week. Took a few weeks off while travelling, and once I came back the same effect needed closer to 4-5mg
 
At 5 total doses, that puts you roughly 2 weeks into this schedule, averaging 3mg/week. My suggestion would be to hold at that level for 2 more weeks prior to any bump. Full loading takes about a month, particularly after a break lasting a month…

3mg per week is a reasonable dose to begin with. Even when it feels like nothing is happening…

If you want to test whether it would make you “feel” it, you could switch to injecting once per week…

You have to give it time to fully load, which requires roughly 4 weeks at every dose.

Odds are you will need to titrate up to 9mg/week as you did previously (or possibly beyond that), but please do it the safe way… stay at each new dose for a month…
 
aRareUnicorn said:

At 5 total doses, that puts you roughly 2 weeks into this schedule, averaging 3mg/week. My suggestion would be to hold at that level for 2 more weeks prior to any bump. Full loading takes about a month, particularly after a break lasting a month…

3mg per week is a reasonable dose to begin with. Even when it feels like nothing is happening…

If you want to test whether it would make you “feel” it, you could switch to injecting once per week…

You have to give it time to fully load, which requires roughly 4 weeks at every dose.

Odds are you will need to titrate up to 9mg/week as you did previously (or possibly beyond that), but please do it the safe way… stay at each new dose for a month…
Yes, that's me. Thanks for the tip — I'll hold off and give it time. It's just that I keep thinking back to when I first tried Reta, no prior exposure, and went straight to 3mg per week from the start. Back then I was like, screw food, this stuff is incredible.
 
Back
Top