Reta Restart - Which Dose Should I Use?

xbigshot123

Explorer
Joined
Feb 7, 2026
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
the south
After dropping 45lbs I stayed off Reta for a few months

Only roughly 10lbs came back, and that was mainly because my depleted glucose stores got refilled and I could once again lift heavy and make steady progress in the gym. My waist measurement has barely moved, staying within .5 inches, plus my muscles look much fuller and my vascularity is noticeably better than it was while I was using Reta

I want to get back on Reta so that eating at maintenance is less of a struggle

Do I need to titrate up again the way I did originally? Before stopping, my highest dose was 5mg, and last week I restarted at 2mg. I'm considering simply going to 4mg tomorrow - has anyone here resumed quickly at a dose they used previously?
 
I'm wondering how this will turn out for you. According to some studies, restarting after 3 months might not give you the same results. My suggestion would be 2mg for 4 weeks, followed by 4mg for 4 weeks, then continue increasing as usual. By this point, it's completely cleared from your system.
 
BNLFL said:

I'm wondering how this will turn out for you. According to some studies, restarting after 3 months might not give you the same results. My suggestion would be 2mg for 4 weeks, followed by 4mg for 4 weeks, then continue increasing as usual. By this point, it's completely cleared from your system.

During my previous run, I moved up in dose fast — only 1 week at every step — and I never felt any downside from it.

I want to finish off the R10 vial I still have left before I open up any of my R20's, so the options I'm weighing are either 2-4-4 or 2-2-3-3, then settling at 4 once I switch to the R20's.
 
xbigshot123 said:


Took a few months off Reta after losing 45lbs

Gained only about 10lbs back, mostly due to replenishing depleting glucose stores and being able to consistently lift heavy/progress in the gym again. Waist is basically the same size within .5 inches and my muscle is much fuller and I am significantly more vascular than when I was on Reta

I'm wanting to restart Reta to make eating at maintenance easier

Should I titrate back up like the first time? I topped out at 5mg before I stopped and restarted last week at 2mg. Thinking of just jumping back to 4mg tomorrow, anyone have experience with quickly resuming at prior dosages?

Click to expand...
Begin again at 2mg and hold that for a few weeks. If you tolerate it fine, raise it to 4 and stay steady at that level for a while, giving it time to accumulate in your body.
 
Back
Top