Reta Question: RT 10 vs higher MG vials

pmosgirlie

Explorer
Joined
Jul 25, 2026
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Location
Charlotte, NC
Hello, I just joined and have picked up a ton from everyone here—thanks so much!

I’m hoping this post follows the rules (I did search the sub before asking), but I’m about to place my first reta order and I’m trying to understand why someone would choose anything above RT10 when a kit includes 10 vials. Depending on weekly dosing, that could stretch for months, so as a newbie am I overlooking something? Would it make sense to start with a higher mg like 20 and just keep it stored properly?

For background: I’m planning to begin at .5mg for 4 weeks, then increase gradually month by month. I have 100+lbs to lose and responded slowly to tirzepatide, so I’m cautiously optimistic about reta. I also intend to stack with klow (for pmos/pcos relief).

Sorry if this is a silly question—I’m genuinely curious and want my first purchase to be as informed as possible.
 
pmosgirlie said:

Hello, I just joined and have picked up a ton from everyone here—thanks so much!

I’m hoping this post follows the rules (I did search the sub before asking), but I’m about to place my first reta order and I’m trying to understand why someone would choose anything above RT10 when a kit includes 10 vials. Depending on weekly dosing, that could stretch for months, so as a newbie am I overlooking something? Would it make sense to start with a higher mg like 20 and just keep it stored properly?

For background: I’m planning to begin at .5mg for 4 weeks, then increase gradually month by month. I have 100+lbs to lose and responded slowly to tirzepatide, so I’m cautiously optimistic about reta. I also intend to stack with klow (for pmos/pcos relief).

Sorry if this is a silly question—I’m genuinely curious and want my first purchase to be as informed as possible.
Right now tirzepatide is part of my routine, though I also picked up quite a few R20 kits... My plan is to gradually add reta into my GLP stack, and instead of beginning with those R20s, I went ahead and got a few kits of R10 since the dosing calculations for my starting phase line up more cleanly... so count me in on the 10s... 👍
 
Welcome.

When you're just beginning, R10s work well. As you move up in dose, R30s and R60s offer better value, and many folks stretch a single vial across 10 weeks or longer.
 
So far, R20 is the biggest I've gone, and I'm currently at 4mg per week. My guess is that the bigger vials — R30, R50, R60 — are mostly meant for resellers who mix them up and/or pass them along.

A 0.5mg amount would be considered a micro dose, so it's good that you're going slow and steady.
 
For me, R10 serves mainly as travel stock: mix it, bring it along, inject, then toss it. At home I keep R140 going because that gives me the lowest price per mg.

If your goal is dropping 100+lb, you respond slowly to Tirz, and it takes you months to reach a standard Reta starting dose, that's your call; to me it sounds miserable and leaves me asking why.

My costs:

R10 $58

R30 $97

R140 $320

Assuming 13 week reconstituted life:

At 2mg/week R30 is cheaper than R10.

At 8mg, R140 is cheaper than R30, discarding the expired 36mg.
 
Seasonal1 said:

Welcome.

When you're just beginning, R10s work well. As you move up in dose, R30s and R60s offer better value, and many folks stretch a single vial across 10 weeks or longer.
Alright, thanks — that clears it up for me!
 
woundcarping said:

For me, R10 serves mainly as travel stock: mix it, bring it along, inject, then toss it. At home I keep R140 going because that gives me the lowest price per mg.

If your goal is dropping 100+lb, you respond slowly to Tirz, and it takes you months to reach a standard Reta starting dose, that's your call; to me it sounds miserable and leaves me asking why.

My costs:

R10 $58

R30 $97

R140 $320

Assuming 13 week reconstituted life:

At 2mg/week R30 is cheaper than R10.

At 8mg, R140 is cheaper than R30, discarding the expired 36mg.
I really appreciate your input. My plan is to begin at a low dose and increase gradually so that I can steer clear of serious side effects — though perhaps I'm being overly careful? I suppose there's no way around it but trial and error haha, and the cost breakdown does add up: it works out cheaper over time, particularly if this becomes a long-term thing for you (and if it does help me, I'm intending to stay on it long-term to help with my pmos). Thanks!
 
Tirz is what I currently take, and I've got a reta kit put aside for a future date. I picked up 10mg too, for the same reasons you mentioned — if I ramp the dose up gradually, that supply ought to carry me for quite a while. My plan is to hold off on any further purchases until I've used up this kit, should that become necessary, and until I have a clearer sense of what I might require later on. For my situation, though, it serves as a supplement; Tirz remains the foundation of my long-term approach, since it's the milder of the two.
 
For someone aiming to drop 100lbs, that dose seems low to me. If you mix that R10 with 2ml BAC, you end up with 20 shots at 10 units each. That stretches to 20 weeks, which is far too long. My wife and I began with R10; at a 2mg starting dose, two of those vials only gave us 4 shots total. We then increased the mg per dose and switched to buying bigger vials. As woundcarping pointed out, the larger vials offer a much better value. I prefer 30mg or more. For the 10mg we're currently on, R60 is a good fit, yielding 5 shots. I also have some of that R140 mentioned earlier, but I haven't reconstituted it yet.

So at this stage, everything depends on your dose.
 
Reta breaks down over time, so you really shouldn't keep using a vial beyond roughly 6 weeks, which caps how many doses you can get from it. Early on, lots of people sit in the 1-4 mg range, and it's common to spend a month at 1mg, then a month at 2mg, stepping up until it's working well enough. That pattern quickly pushes you past 4 doses from a 10mg vial. From what I see, most people also don't go above 8mg of Reta, though some do, and you won't know if you're one of them until it happens.

Per mg, R10s are far pricier than R20/30. Run the numbers on the likely paths and R20 and 30 end up cheaper than R10 for anyone who passes 2mg within the first few months, which is pretty probable given the trials used 4mg as the first clinical dose and 2mg as the loading dose. Beyond that, R60 is cheaper per mg but throws away a lot early on, and your odds of needing 12mg aren't all that high, definitely not within the first 10 months.

That's why 20 and 30 are the most popular sizes: they attract the largest test groups, so joining those test groups costs the least, another way you save. This is the size I would recommend.
 
pmosgirlie said:

woundcarping said:

For me, R10 serves mainly as travel stock: mix it, bring it along, inject, then toss it. At home I keep R140 going because that gives me the lowest price per mg.

If your goal is dropping 100+lb, you respond slowly to Tirz, and it takes you months to reach a standard Reta starting dose, that's your call; to me it sounds miserable and leaves me asking why.

My costs:

R10 $58

R30 $97

R140 $320

Assuming 13 week reconstituted life:

At 2mg/week R30 is cheaper than R10.

At 8mg, R140 is cheaper than R30, discarding the expired 36mg.
I really appreciate your input. My plan is to begin at a low dose and increase gradually so that I can steer clear of serious side effects — though perhaps I'm being overly careful? I suppose there's no way around it but trial and error haha, and the cost breakdown does add up: it works out cheaper over time, particularly if this becomes a long-term thing for you (and if it does help me, I'm intending to stay on it long-term to help with my pmos). Thanks!

How fast you titrate is your call. I increased at about the fastest pace my side effects permitted, much faster than the trials did, and saw no bad effects. I'm aiming to drop 100lb, starting from 282lb at the beginning of GLP treatment, and get to some level of visible abs.

I never plan to stop taking medication, though the specific drug might change.

It's believed that cycling off GLP greatly reduces effectiveness when cycles are repeated and harms body composition.

BrightCandle said:

Reta breaks down over time, so you really shouldn't keep using a vial beyond roughly 6 weeks, which caps how many doses you can get from it. Early on, lots of people sit in the 1-4 mg range, and it's common to spend a month at 1mg, then a month at 2mg, stepping up until it's working well enough. That pattern quickly pushes you past 4 doses from a 10mg vial. From what I see, most people also don't go above 8mg of Reta, though some do, and you won't know if you're one of them until it happens.

Per mg, R10s are far pricier than R20/30. Run the numbers on the likely paths and R20 and 30 end up cheaper than R10 for anyone who passes 2mg within the first few months, which is pretty probable given the trials used 4mg as the first clinical dose and 2mg as the loading dose. Beyond that, R60 is cheaper per mg but throws away a lot early on, and your odds of needing 12mg aren't all that high, definitely not within the first 10 months.

That's why 20 and 30 are the most popular sizes: they attract the largest test groups, so joining those test groups costs the least, another way you save. This is the size I would recommend.

Reta breaks down within 6 weeks

2mg for months

Small possibility of reaching 12mg within the first 10 months

Most people stay under 8mg

That's a lot of speculation—do you have anything to support it?
 
BNLFL said:

For someone aiming to drop 100lbs, that dose seems low to me. If you mix that R10 with 2ml BAC, you end up with 20 shots at 10 units each. That stretches to 20 weeks, which is far too long. My wife and I began with R10; at a 2mg starting dose, two of those vials only gave us 4 shots total. We then increased the mg per dose and switched to buying bigger vials. As woundcarping pointed out, the larger vials offer a much better value. I prefer 30mg or more. For the 10mg we're currently on, R60 is a good fit, yielding 5 shots. I also have some of that R140 mentioned earlier, but I haven't reconstituted it yet.

So at this stage, everything depends on your dose.
Thanks for telling me!
 
BrightCandle said:

Reta breaks down over time, so you really shouldn't keep using a vial beyond roughly 6 weeks, which caps how many doses you can get from it. Early on, lots of people sit in the 1-4 mg range, and it's common to spend a month at 1mg, then a month at 2mg, stepping up until it's working well enough. That pattern quickly pushes you past 4 doses from a 10mg vial. From what I see, most people also don't go above 8mg of Reta, though some do, and you won't know if you're one of them until it happens.

Per mg, R10s are far pricier than R20/30. Run the numbers on the likely paths and R20 and 30 end up cheaper than R10 for anyone who passes 2mg within the first few months, which is pretty probable given the trials used 4mg as the first clinical dose and 2mg as the loading dose. Beyond that, R60 is cheaper per mg but throws away a lot early on, and your odds of needing 12mg aren't all that high, definitely not within the first 10 months.

That's why 20 and 30 are the most popular sizes: they attract the largest test groups, so joining those test groups costs the least, another way you save. This is the size I would recommend.
Really useful info — I'm leaning toward beginning at 20 and then checking in again after a couple of months. Thanks for laying it all out!
 
BrightCandle said:

Reta breaks down over time, so you really shouldn't keep using a vial beyond roughly 6 weeks, which caps how many doses you can get from it. Early on, lots of people sit in the 1-4 mg range, and it's common to spend a month at 1mg, then a month at 2mg, stepping up until it's working well enough. That pattern quickly pushes you past 4 doses from a 10mg vial. From what I see, most people also don't go above 8mg of Reta, though some do, and you won't know if you're one of them until it happens.

Per mg, R10s are far pricier than R20/30. Run the numbers on the likely paths and R20 and 30 end up cheaper than R10 for anyone who passes 2mg within the first few months, which is pretty probable given the trials used 4mg as the first clinical dose and 2mg as the loading dose. Beyond that, R60 is cheaper per mg but throws away a lot early on, and your odds of needing 12mg aren't all that high, definitely not within the first 10 months.

That's why 20 and 30 are the most popular sizes: they attract the largest test groups, so joining those test groups costs the least, another way you save. This is the size I would recommend.
Just so you know, 8 weeks is what I do, and I have done it. With Hospira, I would stretch it to 10 weeks if necessary.
 
spanky2026 said:

Tirz is what I currently take, and I've got a reta kit put aside for a future date. I picked up 10mg too, for the same reasons you mentioned — if I ramp the dose up gradually, that supply ought to carry me for quite a while. My plan is to hold off on any further purchases until I've used up this kit, should that become necessary, and until I have a clearer sense of what I might require later on. For my situation, though, it serves as a supplement; Tirz remains the foundation of my long-term approach, since it's the milder of the two.

Amusing — a Tirz stash just landed in my hands, yet I'm leaning toward following suit and stacking reta for a backup scenario (or for as long as I'm able).
 
pmosgirlie said:

BrightCandle said:

Reta breaks down over time, so you really shouldn't keep using a vial beyond roughly 6 weeks, which caps how many doses you can get from it. Early on, lots of people sit in the 1-4 mg range, and it's common to spend a month at 1mg, then a month at 2mg, stepping up until it's working well enough. That pattern quickly pushes you past 4 doses from a 10mg vial. From what I see, most people also don't go above 8mg of Reta, though some do, and you won't know if you're one of them until it happens.

Per mg, R10s are far pricier than R20/30. Run the numbers on the likely paths and R20 and 30 end up cheaper than R10 for anyone who passes 2mg within the first few months, which is pretty probable given the trials used 4mg as the first clinical dose and 2mg as the loading dose. Beyond that, R60 is cheaper per mg but throws away a lot early on, and your odds of needing 12mg aren't all that high, definitely not within the first 10 months.

That's why 20 and 30 are the most popular sizes: they attract the largest test groups, so joining those test groups costs the least, another way you save. This is the size I would recommend.
Really useful info — I'm leaning toward beginning at 20 and then checking in again after a couple of months. Thanks for laying it all out!
Heads up: when you mix an R20 with 2ml BAC, keep track of the number of doses it yields.

0.5mg=40 doses@.5 units

1mg=20 doses @10 units

2mg=10 doses@20 units
 
bamagirl26 said:

spanky2026 said:

Tirz is what I currently take, and I've got a reta kit put aside for a future date. I picked up 10mg too, for the same reasons you mentioned — if I ramp the dose up gradually, that supply ought to carry me for quite a while. My plan is to hold off on any further purchases until I've used up this kit, should that become necessary, and until I have a clearer sense of what I might require later on. For my situation, though, it serves as a supplement; Tirz remains the foundation of my long-term approach, since it's the milder of the two.

Amusing — a Tirz stash just landed in my hands, yet I'm leaning toward following suit and stacking reta for a backup scenario (or for as long as I'm able).
Honestly, that's just how it goes—we're both Bama Girls after all! 🤪🤣
 
If another GLP1 didn't work well for you and you've got 100 lbs to shed, why begin at .5 mg? Everyone in the clinical trials who was verified to have lost weight on Reta began at 2mg. I'm just wondering.

Figure out which price per dose works out best for how many doses you expect to need across no more than six weeks — though four weeks is the safer bet. Factor in how you'll titrate as you work through all ten vials. R30 is a reasonable choice, and R60 could make sense too if you plan to stick with the titration schedule from the clinical trials.
 
Figure out your vial size by estimating your 4-6 week usage, but run the numbers too.

For example, at 2mg I can stretch 10mg across 5 weeks, yet during month 1 I was only at .5mg, which meant vial 1 got thrown out with leftovers.

These days I'm at 2mg per week. The catch is that price per mg drops as kit strength rises, so buying a larger mg kit can sometimes land you a better deal, particularly through group buys. Case in point: I picked up a 30mg kit for $100, though there's no way I'll burn through 30mg in any 5-6 week stretch in the near future.
 
I've assisted a few individuals with their research. In trials, the starting dose is 2mg. Side effects should be minimal if you begin at 1mg, unless your vial happens to be heavily overfilled. The most notable issues I've observed or heard about personally are that during the first couple of weeks you might feel as though you're coming down with a cold or illness. At .5, you're likely just delaying progress if you've got 100lbs to shed. Personally, I've lost 26lb over 60 days—spent a month at 1mg and have been at 2mg ever since. Below is a chart illustrating how reta breaks down. I'm 60 days into an r30, which is what I began with, and I have no plans to discard it before the 90-day mark.





0eef2c0fa16bb7eaba94d14bdb6bff54f048ec24dd9c6dc5af8650f4980ad440.webp
 
Back
Top