Reta on training days

17albanch

Explorer
Joined
Sep 9, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
texas/dallas
I'm wondering if my approach to Reta should change a bit when I have a training day.

When I go hard in a session, my goal is to take in more food, enough for a proper meal and for recovery. On days off, a smaller appetite is far less of a problem because my food needs are lower.

Has anyone else seen that kind of split, or does the appetite suppression hold steady no matter how much you train? Might be worth logging for a few weeks to see.
 
I wouldn't say my training is intense, yet working out in general no longer ramps up my appetite the way it used to before GLPs/reta.

For me, the real wild card is rebound hunger — for instance, roughly a week after a weekly injection, when the reta fades and the hunger returns. At times that rebound hunger hits harder than at others, particularly the longer I've been on reta, given that blood levels stay fairly steady.

As for appetite suppression, everything else stays more or less unchanged — it doesn't matter whether I exercise, stay up late, or deal with stress.
 
I haven't noticed any difference. What matters is landing on a dose that lets you hit your planned calorie target day in and day out. Recovery isn't limited to the days you train — depending on how long you've been training, muscle synthesis can keep going for up to 72 hours. My advice would be to keep your goals the same whether it's a training day or a non-trainign day.
 
For me it doesn't change at all. My approach is just to get an additional shake in during the day. Keeping an eye on macros is useful, though in my experience hunger mostly varies based on how many days have passed since the last dose. Other than that, I don't really see a difference.
 
I go hard in the gym. To give some context, my routine is full body 3x per week with 30-45 mins of cardio afterward, plus I run 3x per week (right now that's around 35km weekly), and I also walk wherever I go.

There's no need to change your protocol. Reta won't wipe out your appetite entirely, and you'll still feel hungry, so if your hunger is gone, your dose might be too high. My activity level means I still get hungry, but it's not overwhelming. I've always been able to clean my plate. When I want to eat for performance, I'm able to do that.
 
Back
Top