Reta Not Working / Even After 14mg!

Lewis said:

I've now spent more than a year on a GLP-1 medication. Mounjaro was where I began, and 7.5mg was the highest dose I reached.

Because of the extra benefits Reta is supposed to provide, I made the decision to change over to it recently...

6 weeks have passed with these doses:

Week1 - 1mg

Week2 - 1mg

Week3 - 2mg

Week4 - 2mg

Week5 - 4mg

Week6 - 14mg (my vials got confused, 10mg & 30mg)

Even after that recent overdose (5 days have now passed since it happened), my appetite was suppressed quite heavily, yet I felt no nausea and had no other major side effects. I'm starting to suspect either that what I have is fake (I'm 99% sure it isn't) or that my body has become so accustomed to GLP-1's that the effects no longer register for me.

Is there anyone else who has used GLP-1's over a long period and found themselves in a similar situation when they began Reta?

It's confusing the hell out of me 🤔
are you certain that what you have isn't fake?
 
OG_Judge said:

BNLFL said:

Lewis said:

BNLFL said:

Lewis said:

BNLFL said:

Honestly, my take on this—and it's just my personal view—is that people ought to give each dose a full 4 weeks, the way the trials did, so the medication can accumulate in their body. Instead, everyone assumes they've got it figured out. Then there's the whole beginning at .25-.5mg thing. That's my vent done.
That seems a bit contradictory, no?

  • remain at a dose for 4 weeks, as the studies did…
  • begin at .25mg - .5mg - yet weren’t the studies starting at 2mg and increasing to 12mg?

You can’t complain about others ignoring the studies while also cherry-picking which trial elements should be followed…

The sole reason I titrated up faster than normal is that I was already taking 7.5mg of triz without any sides…

Anyway, that’s my rant finished 😉
Was it not clear that I framed this as my own opinion? I'm not attacking anybody, and I'm not going off on anybody. The whole point really concerned someone winding up with a 14mg dose by mistake. Was it that you mixed up the R10 with the R30, or was it the other way around? And if that happened, what amount of BAC did you put in? I'm genuinely asking out of curiosity.
I get it, I'm just teasing you 😉

And yes, that mix-up was real. I keep 2 reconstituted vials in the fridge, 10mg and 30mg, and I grabbed from the 30mg one when I meant to use the 10mg (both were mixed with 1ml bac water). I was on edge about how it would play out, but luckily the fallout was mild—mainly just my appetite being suppressed more than I wanted.
You really ought to pick up an inexpensive label maker. Without one, I'd never be able to remember what's what in my stash. I'm not familiar with UK pricing, but on Amazon the Niimbot D110 goes for $17.99, and the Nelko P21 is also $17.99. Neither is complicated—just basic label makers. I own both, and in my opinion the Nelko is slightly more user-friendly. The photo I snapped shows 2 straightforward labels.





View attachment 11315
After you reconstitute, do you also have caps that you place back on?
Yeah, J5 threw some into one of my orders, though I never bother with them. I just go over the vials with alcohol wipes. Two rolls of round labels arrived recently so I can tell the vials apart. In these cases, it's tough to identify anything unless you lift the vials out a bit. That case contains 4 bins holding 72 apiece, so 288 altogether, plus 2 more bins that fit 63 each. Once every GB lands, I'll have nearly one filled. I'm not right. 😁
 
Lewis said:

I've now spent more than a year on a GLP-1 medication. Mounjaro was where I began, and 7.5mg was the highest dose I reached.

Because of the extra benefits Reta is supposed to provide, I made the decision to change over to it recently...

6 weeks have passed with these doses:

Week1 - 1mg

Week2 - 1mg

Week3 - 2mg

Week4 - 2mg

Week5 - 4mg

Week6 - 14mg (my vials got confused, 10mg & 30mg)

Even after that recent overdose (5 days have now passed since it happened), my appetite was suppressed quite heavily, yet I felt no nausea and had no other major side effects. I'm starting to suspect either that what I have is fake (I'm 99% sure it isn't) or that my body has become so accustomed to GLP-1's that the effects no longer register for me.

Is there anyone else who has used GLP-1's over a long period and found themselves in a similar situation when they began Reta?

It's confusing the hell out of me 🤔
Sounds like it could be fake.
 
A few reasons could account for why reta hasn't delivered the response you'd expect.

At 14mg it was plainly doing something, since your appetite dropped noticeably.

You've already dropped a fair amount of weight — from 120 kg down to 86, meaning 34kg lost — which is a strong result on just 7.5mg of tirz, so you're more responsive than the typical person. Once you're at that point, though, energy expenditure falls and hunger rises, so pushing weight down further requires either a stronger effect from the drug or a bigger dose.

On top of that, 4mg of reta is still a smaller dose than 7.5mg of tirz overall. No precise conversion formula exists, but I'd anticipate weaker appetite suppression and less weight loss from that than from 7.5 of tirz.

So since tirz clearly worked well for you, and reta behaves largely the same aside from the extra glucagon agonism, chances are reta will work well for you too. The catch is that doses will need to go up. Jumping from 4mg straight to 14 is likely too large a leap, though, and you got somewhat lucky not to spend a week vomiting.

Also, label everything carefully — mistakes happen so easily. The only real defense is to make the system as idiot proof as you can, so that most errors become less likely and simpler to catch. ( this is not intended as a criticism, everyone needs to do this ) Most injectable drugs used in medicine have systems and protocols about administration to try to prevent these types of errors, and there is no nurse double checking the drug and dose each time when using grey peptides, so being extra careful is a good idea.
 
Lewis said:

I've now spent more than a year on a GLP-1 medication. Mounjaro was where I began, and 7.5mg was the highest dose I reached.

Because of the extra benefits Reta is supposed to provide, I made the decision to change over to it recently...

6 weeks have passed with these doses:

Week1 - 1mg

Week2 - 1mg

Week3 - 2mg

Week4 - 2mg

Week5 - 4mg

Week6 - 14mg (my vials got confused, 10mg & 30mg)

Even after that recent overdose (5 days have now passed since it happened), my appetite was suppressed quite heavily, yet I felt no nausea and had no other major side effects. I'm starting to suspect either that what I have is fake (I'm 99% sure it isn't) or that my body has become so accustomed to GLP-1's that the effects no longer register for me.

Is there anyone else who has used GLP-1's over a long period and found themselves in a similar situation when they began Reta?

It's confusing the hell out of me 🤔
Perhaps it's worth considering this option....

Orbera Gastric Balloon


With the patient sedated, a physician guides a pliable silicone balloon down the throat and into the stomach using an endoscope. Saline is then used to fill it (roughly 500–700ml). By occupying room inside the stomach, it creates earlier fullness and reduces how much you eat.

Length of procedure: Typically 20–30 minutes

Duration before removal: 6 months (after which it is taken out)

Typical weight reduction: 20–50 lbs (varies with diet and exercise)

Additional balloon options...

Obalon – Capsules are swallowed and then inflated inside the stomach (placement does not require endoscopy)

ReShape – A system using 2 balloons

Spatz – A balloon that can be adjusted
 

Attachments

  • 94da245edba998c9149cb2c11a064c53a6a1c2bef6b2414539c4b647b588d81d.gif
    94da245edba998c9149cb2c11a064c53a6a1c2bef6b2414539c4b647b588d81d.gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
triz is not something I have used, though 1mg reta did give me mild sides. Going straight to 10mg in one go without any serious side effects is hard to picture. Sounds like the stuff you got is weak
 
Back
Top