Reta Not Working / Even After 14mg!

Lewis

Explorer
Joined
Mar 21, 2026
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Location
Gloucester, United Kingdom
I've now spent more than a year on a GLP-1 medication. Mounjaro was where I began, and 7.5mg was the highest dose I reached.

Because of the extra benefits Reta is supposed to provide, I made the decision to change over to it recently...

6 weeks have passed with these doses:

Week1 - 1mg

Week2 - 1mg

Week3 - 2mg

Week4 - 2mg

Week5 - 4mg

Week6 - 14mg (my vials got confused, 10mg & 30mg)

Even after that recent overdose (5 days have now passed since it happened), my appetite was suppressed quite heavily, yet I felt no nausea and had no other major side effects. I'm starting to suspect either that what I have is fake (I'm 99% sure it isn't) or that my body has become so accustomed to GLP-1's that the effects no longer register for me.

Is there anyone else who has used GLP-1's over a long period and found themselves in a similar situation when they began Reta?

It's confusing the hell out of me 🤔
 
My take: even with that 14mg mix-up (a NIIMBOT label maker costs $15, just grab one), stay at 4mg for 4 weeks.

Should that fail to do anything, move to 8mg. That's the ramp-up I used, coming over from Tirz.

One more thing, though — I lowered my Tirz dose gradually as I brought Reta in. From what you describe, you cut Tirz cold and went straight onto Reta. Give your system longer to get used to the change.
 
2 cents from me: 6mg Reta would be the swap for 7.5mg tirz, and I'd get up to 6mg and hold there for 4 weeks.

You also describe it as "Not Working". Did the scale go up, and by how much? Appetite suppression under Reta is weaker than with Tirz.
 
Let me share my experience with everything except the one outcome reta is meant to deliver (weight loss).

You might as well be telling us your viagra isn't working because it's not helping you meet women at the bar. 🤣
 
FRMN01 said:

2 cents from me: 6mg Reta would be the swap for 7.5mg tirz, and I'd get up to 6mg and hold there for 4 weeks.

You also describe it as "Not Working". Did the scale go up, and by how much? Appetite suppression under Reta is weaker than with Tirz.
Cheers — my plan was to gradually increase to 6mg before I slipped up, but for weeks now my weight hasn't budged… I realise I likely need to keep a closer eye on my calorie intake too… on triz I never really needed to, I just focused on getting enough protein and avoiding junk snacks
 
tubby said:

Let me share my experience with everything except the one outcome reta is meant to deliver (weight loss).

You might as well be telling us your viagra isn't working because it's not helping you meet women at the bar. 🤣
You're right, I can't argue with that 😂

When I began Reta I weighed 86kg, and right before taking the large dose I was at 86.2kg. This morning the scale showed 84kg, though I'm attributing that to eating far less because of how big the dose was….

So yeah, I realize that ridiculously high dose does produce results, but it's clearly not a sensible approach.

And hold on — what's this about viagra not helping me meet women?! Damn, turns out I've been going about it all wrong! 😂
 
Lewis said:

tubby said:

Let me share my experience with everything except the one outcome reta is meant to deliver (weight loss).

You might as well be telling us your viagra isn't working because it's not helping you meet women at the bar. 🤣
You're right, I can't argue with that 😂

When I began Reta I weighed 86kg, and right before taking the large dose I was at 86.2kg. This morning the scale showed 84kg, though I'm attributing that to eating far less because of how big the dose was….

So yeah, I realize that ridiculously high dose does produce results, but it's clearly not a sensible approach.

And hold on — what's this about viagra not helping me meet women?! Damn, turns out I've been going about it all wrong! 😂
For this to be a real apples to apples comparison, you need to bring your tirz weight loss history into it. When you move from one medication to another, that does not reset you to square one, nor does it hand you a fresh 20% to 30% weight loss stacked on top of what you already dropped.

One way to picture weight loss is as a tug of war, with several people on each side hauling on the rope to drag it toward them. The guy wearing the "hunger" jersey on your side just hurt his arm, so he is not pulling as hard at the moment. Still, that may not matter much if the guy behind him, the one in the "metabolism" jersey, just got a huge burst of energy and is covering the gap and then some.

In today's world, we expect everything to arrive exactly as we want it, right away, and it had better match what we pictured, because anything else would amount to a total betrayal of our trust and so on. It also seems trendy to climb onto a soapbox and yell when things do not turn out that exact way.
 
From what I've noticed, the majority of folks who make a switch will overlap the two meds before fully transitioning.

If 7.5 was working for you and you were dropping weight, that's a different story — but the real question is whether you were actually losing on that 7.5.

Personally, I've spent a year at 15mg and my weight swings by 1-2 lbs weekly in either direction.

On the topic of Viagra doing its job at the bar:

Consider putting on these
 
Honestly, my take on this—and it's just my personal view—is that people ought to give each dose a full 4 weeks, the way the trials did, so the medication can accumulate in their body. Instead, everyone assumes they've got it figured out. Then there's the whole beginning at .25-.5mg thing. That's my vent done.
 
BNLFL said:

Honestly, my take on this—and it's just my personal view—is that people ought to give each dose a full 4 weeks, the way the trials did, so the medication can accumulate in their body. Instead, everyone assumes they've got it figured out. Then there's the whole beginning at .25-.5mg thing. That's my vent done.
That seems a bit contradictory, no?

  • remain at a dose for 4 weeks, as the studies did…
  • begin at .25mg - .5mg - yet weren’t the studies starting at 2mg and increasing to 12mg?

You can’t complain about others ignoring the studies while also cherry-picking which trial elements should be followed…

The sole reason I titrated up faster than normal is that I was already taking 7.5mg of triz without any sides…

Anyway, that’s my rant finished 😉
 
Skidude said:

From what I've noticed, the majority of folks who make a switch will overlap the two meds before fully transitioning.

If 7.5 was working for you and you were dropping weight, that's a different story — but the real question is whether you were actually losing on that 7.5.

Personally, I've spent a year at 15mg and my weight swings by 1-2 lbs weekly in either direction.

On the topic of Viagra doing its job at the bar:

Consider putting on these
Before I switched to reta, triz still had me dropping weight, just at a slow pace

tubby said:

Lewis said:

tubby said:

Let me share my experience with everything except the one outcome reta is meant to deliver (weight loss).

You might as well be telling us your viagra isn't working because it's not helping you meet women at the bar. 🤣
You're right, I can't argue with that 😂

When I began Reta I weighed 86kg, and right before taking the large dose I was at 86.2kg. This morning the scale showed 84kg, though I'm attributing that to eating far less because of how big the dose was….

So yeah, I realize that ridiculously high dose does produce results, but it's clearly not a sensible approach.

And hold on — what's this about viagra not helping me meet women?! Damn, turns out I've been going about it all wrong! 😂
For this to be a real apples to apples comparison, you need to bring your tirz weight loss history into it. When you move from one medication to another, that does not reset you to square one, nor does it hand you a fresh 20% to 30% weight loss stacked on top of what you already dropped.

One way to picture weight loss is as a tug of war, with several people on each side hauling on the rope to drag it toward them. The guy wearing the "hunger" jersey on your side just hurt his arm, so he is not pulling as hard at the moment. Still, that may not matter much if the guy behind him, the one in the "metabolism" jersey, just got a huge burst of energy and is covering the gap and then some.

In today's world, we expect everything to arrive exactly as we want it, right away, and it had better match what we pictured, because anything else would amount to a total betrayal of our trust and so on. It also seems trendy to climb onto a soapbox and yell when things do not turn out that exact way.
Yeah, I suppose it slips my mind sometimes that Mounjaro took me from 121kg down to 85/86kg… I’m just trying to adjust to the fact that the weight isn’t coming off as fast, I guess….

I’ll increase my Reta dose gradually and check in with myself again in another 4-6 weeks…

You’re right about wanting it all straight away.. I put the blame on Amazon Prime 😂
 
Lewis said:

BNLFL said:

Honestly, my take on this—and it's just my personal view—is that people ought to give each dose a full 4 weeks, the way the trials did, so the medication can accumulate in their body. Instead, everyone assumes they've got it figured out. Then there's the whole beginning at .25-.5mg thing. That's my vent done.
That seems a bit contradictory, no?

  • remain at a dose for 4 weeks, as the studies did…
  • begin at .25mg - .5mg - yet weren’t the studies starting at 2mg and increasing to 12mg?

You can’t complain about others ignoring the studies while also cherry-picking which trial elements should be followed…

The sole reason I titrated up faster than normal is that I was already taking 7.5mg of triz without any sides…

Anyway, that’s my rant finished 😉
Was it not clear that I framed this as my own opinion? I'm not attacking anybody, and I'm not going off on anybody. The whole point really concerned someone winding up with a 14mg dose by mistake. Was it that you mixed up the R10 with the R30, or was it the other way around? And if that happened, what amount of BAC did you put in? I'm genuinely asking out of curiosity.
 
BNLFL said:

Lewis said:

BNLFL said:

Honestly, my take on this—and it's just my personal view—is that people ought to give each dose a full 4 weeks, the way the trials did, so the medication can accumulate in their body. Instead, everyone assumes they've got it figured out. Then there's the whole beginning at .25-.5mg thing. That's my vent done.
That seems a bit contradictory, no?

  • remain at a dose for 4 weeks, as the studies did…
  • begin at .25mg - .5mg - yet weren’t the studies starting at 2mg and increasing to 12mg?

You can’t complain about others ignoring the studies while also cherry-picking which trial elements should be followed…

The sole reason I titrated up faster than normal is that I was already taking 7.5mg of triz without any sides…

Anyway, that’s my rant finished 😉
Was it not clear that I framed this as my own opinion? I'm not attacking anybody, and I'm not going off on anybody. The whole point really concerned someone winding up with a 14mg dose by mistake. Was it that you mixed up the R10 with the R30, or was it the other way around? And if that happened, what amount of BAC did you put in? I'm genuinely asking out of curiosity.
I get it, I'm just teasing you 😉

And yes, that mix-up was real. I keep 2 reconstituted vials in the fridge, 10mg and 30mg, and I grabbed from the 30mg one when I meant to use the 10mg (both were mixed with 1ml bac water). I was on edge about how it would play out, but luckily the fallout was mild—mainly just my appetite being suppressed more than I wanted.
 
Lewis said:

I've now spent more than a year on a GLP-1 medication. Mounjaro was where I began, and 7.5mg was the highest dose I reached.

Because of the extra benefits Reta is supposed to provide, I made the decision to change over to it recently...

6 weeks have passed with these doses:

Week1 - 1mg

Week2 - 1mg

Week3 - 2mg

Week4 - 2mg

Week5 - 4mg

Week6 - 14mg (my vials got confused, 10mg & 30mg)

Even after that recent overdose (5 days have now passed since it happened), my appetite was suppressed quite heavily, yet I felt no nausea and had no other major side effects. I'm starting to suspect either that what I have is fake (I'm 99% sure it isn't) or that my body has become so accustomed to GLP-1's that the effects no longer register for me.

Is there anyone else who has used GLP-1's over a long period and found themselves in a similar situation when they began Reta?

It's confusing the hell out of me 🤔
I don't understand.

At 14mg your hunger was reduced and you dropped pounds. Could you spell out precisely how that adds up to "Reta Not Working / Even After 14mg!"

It simply seems like your dose still isn't high enough.
 
Lewis said:

BNLFL said:

Lewis said:

BNLFL said:

Honestly, my take on this—and it's just my personal view—is that people ought to give each dose a full 4 weeks, the way the trials did, so the medication can accumulate in their body. Instead, everyone assumes they've got it figured out. Then there's the whole beginning at .25-.5mg thing. That's my vent done.
That seems a bit contradictory, no?

  • remain at a dose for 4 weeks, as the studies did…
  • begin at .25mg - .5mg - yet weren’t the studies starting at 2mg and increasing to 12mg?

You can’t complain about others ignoring the studies while also cherry-picking which trial elements should be followed…

The sole reason I titrated up faster than normal is that I was already taking 7.5mg of triz without any sides…

Anyway, that’s my rant finished 😉
Was it not clear that I framed this as my own opinion? I'm not attacking anybody, and I'm not going off on anybody. The whole point really concerned someone winding up with a 14mg dose by mistake. Was it that you mixed up the R10 with the R30, or was it the other way around? And if that happened, what amount of BAC did you put in? I'm genuinely asking out of curiosity.
I get it, I'm just teasing you 😉

And yes, that mix-up was real. I keep 2 reconstituted vials in the fridge, 10mg and 30mg, and I grabbed from the 30mg one when I meant to use the 10mg (both were mixed with 1ml bac water). I was on edge about how it would play out, but luckily the fallout was mild—mainly just my appetite being suppressed more than I wanted.
You really ought to pick up an inexpensive label maker. Without one, I'd never be able to remember what's what in my stash. I'm not familiar with UK pricing, but on Amazon the Niimbot D110 goes for $17.99, and the Nelko P21 is also $17.99. Neither is complicated—just basic label makers. I own both, and in my opinion the Nelko is slightly more user-friendly. The photo I snapped shows 2 straightforward labels.





f02878707e9a599186b047aa37fb0f74dcfacd3f138f114ae7176385239d9a21.webp
 
V6R3W said:

Lewis said:

I've now spent more than a year on a GLP-1 medication. Mounjaro was where I began, and 7.5mg was the highest dose I reached.

Because of the extra benefits Reta is supposed to provide, I made the decision to change over to it recently...

6 weeks have passed with these doses:

Week1 - 1mg

Week2 - 1mg

Week3 - 2mg

Week4 - 2mg

Week5 - 4mg

Week6 - 14mg (my vials got confused, 10mg & 30mg)

Even after that recent overdose (5 days have now passed since it happened), my appetite was suppressed quite heavily, yet I felt no nausea and had no other major side effects. I'm starting to suspect either that what I have is fake (I'm 99% sure it isn't) or that my body has become so accustomed to GLP-1's that the effects no longer register for me.

Is there anyone else who has used GLP-1's over a long period and found themselves in a similar situation when they began Reta?

It's confusing the hell out of me 🤔
I don't understand.

At 14mg your hunger was reduced and you dropped pounds. Could you spell out precisely how that adds up to "Reta Not Working / Even After 14mg!"

It simply seems like your dose still isn't high enough.
What I haven’t come across is somebody needing to climb that far up the ladder just to feel something that, frankly, felt weak next to my first months on triz back 12+ months ago… Meanwhile I keep reading about folks getting solid appetite control and outcomes at 2-5mg, while a slip-up left me taking more than twice that amount
 
Lewis said:

V6R3W said:

Lewis said:

I've now spent more than a year on a GLP-1 medication. Mounjaro was where I began, and 7.5mg was the highest dose I reached.

Because of the extra benefits Reta is supposed to provide, I made the decision to change over to it recently...

6 weeks have passed with these doses:

Week1 - 1mg

Week2 - 1mg

Week3 - 2mg

Week4 - 2mg

Week5 - 4mg

Week6 - 14mg (my vials got confused, 10mg & 30mg)

Even after that recent overdose (5 days have now passed since it happened), my appetite was suppressed quite heavily, yet I felt no nausea and had no other major side effects. I'm starting to suspect either that what I have is fake (I'm 99% sure it isn't) or that my body has become so accustomed to GLP-1's that the effects no longer register for me.

Is there anyone else who has used GLP-1's over a long period and found themselves in a similar situation when they began Reta?

It's confusing the hell out of me 🤔
I don't understand.

At 14mg your hunger was reduced and you dropped pounds. Could you spell out precisely how that adds up to "Reta Not Working / Even After 14mg!"

It simply seems like your dose still isn't high enough.
What I haven’t come across is somebody needing to climb that far up the ladder just to feel something that, frankly, felt weak next to my first months on triz back 12+ months ago… Meanwhile I keep reading about folks getting solid appetite control and outcomes at 2-5mg, while a slip-up left me taking more than twice that amount
I get that, but just because 14 mg does the job, that doesn't rule out 8mg doing it too. You've used GLP1s before, and it's widely noted that tirzepatide suppresses appetite more strongly than retatrutide.
 
BNLFL said:

Lewis said:

BNLFL said:

Lewis said:

BNLFL said:

Honestly, my take on this—and it's just my personal view—is that people ought to give each dose a full 4 weeks, the way the trials did, so the medication can accumulate in their body. Instead, everyone assumes they've got it figured out. Then there's the whole beginning at .25-.5mg thing. That's my vent done.
That seems a bit contradictory, no?

  • remain at a dose for 4 weeks, as the studies did…
  • begin at .25mg - .5mg - yet weren’t the studies starting at 2mg and increasing to 12mg?

You can’t complain about others ignoring the studies while also cherry-picking which trial elements should be followed…

The sole reason I titrated up faster than normal is that I was already taking 7.5mg of triz without any sides…

Anyway, that’s my rant finished 😉
Was it not clear that I framed this as my own opinion? I'm not attacking anybody, and I'm not going off on anybody. The whole point really concerned someone winding up with a 14mg dose by mistake. Was it that you mixed up the R10 with the R30, or was it the other way around? And if that happened, what amount of BAC did you put in? I'm genuinely asking out of curiosity.
I get it, I'm just teasing you 😉

And yes, that mix-up was real. I keep 2 reconstituted vials in the fridge, 10mg and 30mg, and I grabbed from the 30mg one when I meant to use the 10mg (both were mixed with 1ml bac water). I was on edge about how it would play out, but luckily the fallout was mild—mainly just my appetite being suppressed more than I wanted.
You really ought to pick up an inexpensive label maker. Without one, I'd never be able to remember what's what in my stash. I'm not familiar with UK pricing, but on Amazon the Niimbot D110 goes for $17.99, and the Nelko P21 is also $17.99. Neither is complicated—just basic label makers. I own both, and in my opinion the Nelko is slightly more user-friendly. The photo I snapped shows 2 straightforward labels.





View attachment 11315
Wow, what a great lineup! I reckon I’ll pick one up too — I’ll check out the options you listed 👍
 
Lewis said:

BNLFL said:

Lewis said:

BNLFL said:

Lewis said:

BNLFL said:

Honestly, my take on this—and it's just my personal view—is that people ought to give each dose a full 4 weeks, the way the trials did, so the medication can accumulate in their body. Instead, everyone assumes they've got it figured out. Then there's the whole beginning at .25-.5mg thing. That's my vent done.
That seems a bit contradictory, no?

  • remain at a dose for 4 weeks, as the studies did…
  • begin at .25mg - .5mg - yet weren’t the studies starting at 2mg and increasing to 12mg?

You can’t complain about others ignoring the studies while also cherry-picking which trial elements should be followed…

The sole reason I titrated up faster than normal is that I was already taking 7.5mg of triz without any sides…

Anyway, that’s my rant finished 😉
Was it not clear that I framed this as my own opinion? I'm not attacking anybody, and I'm not going off on anybody. The whole point really concerned someone winding up with a 14mg dose by mistake. Was it that you mixed up the R10 with the R30, or was it the other way around? And if that happened, what amount of BAC did you put in? I'm genuinely asking out of curiosity.
I get it, I'm just teasing you 😉

And yes, that mix-up was real. I keep 2 reconstituted vials in the fridge, 10mg and 30mg, and I grabbed from the 30mg one when I meant to use the 10mg (both were mixed with 1ml bac water). I was on edge about how it would play out, but luckily the fallout was mild—mainly just my appetite being suppressed more than I wanted.
You really ought to pick up an inexpensive label maker. Without one, I'd never be able to remember what's what in my stash. I'm not familiar with UK pricing, but on Amazon the Niimbot D110 goes for $17.99, and the Nelko P21 is also $17.99. Neither is complicated—just basic label makers. I own both, and in my opinion the Nelko is slightly more user-friendly. The photo I snapped shows 2 straightforward labels.





View attachment 11315
Wow, what a great lineup! I reckon I’ll pick one up too — I’ll check out the options you listed 👍
Close to 50% of that. Something's off with me. lol 🤣
 
BNLFL said:

Lewis said:

BNLFL said:

Lewis said:

BNLFL said:

Honestly, my take on this—and it's just my personal view—is that people ought to give each dose a full 4 weeks, the way the trials did, so the medication can accumulate in their body. Instead, everyone assumes they've got it figured out. Then there's the whole beginning at .25-.5mg thing. That's my vent done.
That seems a bit contradictory, no?

  • remain at a dose for 4 weeks, as the studies did…
  • begin at .25mg - .5mg - yet weren’t the studies starting at 2mg and increasing to 12mg?

You can’t complain about others ignoring the studies while also cherry-picking which trial elements should be followed…

The sole reason I titrated up faster than normal is that I was already taking 7.5mg of triz without any sides…

Anyway, that’s my rant finished 😉
Was it not clear that I framed this as my own opinion? I'm not attacking anybody, and I'm not going off on anybody. The whole point really concerned someone winding up with a 14mg dose by mistake. Was it that you mixed up the R10 with the R30, or was it the other way around? And if that happened, what amount of BAC did you put in? I'm genuinely asking out of curiosity.
I get it, I'm just teasing you 😉

And yes, that mix-up was real. I keep 2 reconstituted vials in the fridge, 10mg and 30mg, and I grabbed from the 30mg one when I meant to use the 10mg (both were mixed with 1ml bac water). I was on edge about how it would play out, but luckily the fallout was mild—mainly just my appetite being suppressed more than I wanted.
You really ought to pick up an inexpensive label maker. Without one, I'd never be able to remember what's what in my stash. I'm not familiar with UK pricing, but on Amazon the Niimbot D110 goes for $17.99, and the Nelko P21 is also $17.99. Neither is complicated—just basic label makers. I own both, and in my opinion the Nelko is slightly more user-friendly. The photo I snapped shows 2 straightforward labels.





View attachment 11315
After you reconstitute, do you also have caps that you place back on?
 
Back
Top