darkreta120 said:
diplomat said:
Calling all non-responders!!
My starting weight was 218; through 'diet&excercised' I got down to 200, and then hit a hard plateau.
After fifteen weeks on Reta, I titrated all the way to 12mg. I got every side effect imaginable, yet hunger never really went away.
During week one the slowed digestion was noticeable, but I was still ravenously hungry... reflux and indigestion hit me hard. I stacked Cagrilintide on top, and so far that hasn't moved the needle much.
Once heart rate and sleep problems piled up to the point of 'enough'... my total weight loss stood at - 3 lbs.
Now making the switch to Survodutide, alongside the Cag.
My body is reacting, but appetite suppression isn't part of it. Because I'm still on a low dose, I'll wait longer, and if that doesn't work I'll switch to tirz.
alphaamigo said:
The issue stems from not having faith in the protocol. For obese subjects, 2mg over 4 weeks is the introductory dose—intended not only to minimize side-effects but also to establish metabolic stability. Jumping in at a high dose won't give someone extra advantage from reta. It will lead to stronger appetite suppression, which might yield roughly 2-3% additional weight loss in those initial weeks from glycogen depletion and water loss, yet across 12 weeks, it won't truly result in greater overall weight loss, and the pounds shed would represent less total fat than if one had titrated gradually.
Conversely, staying at too low a dose for too long also won't bring about the metabolic changes that someone is seeking from reta.
yeah, I get that. I'm just curious about when the appetite suppression will kick in. From what I saw, by 4 weeks most patients had at least some appetite suppression.
If you're going to begin a GLP medication, my view is that you owe it a fair trial. Assuming you have substantial obesity, this is a long-term commitment, and finding out whether the best drug currently available works for you is worth doing — but you won't truly know until you reach 8mg or beyond. Also, since you began below the usual 2mg, your 4 weeks aren't really 4 weeks; it's closer to 2. Jumping to another drug after a few weeks at doses that aren't enough isn't the right way to go about it.
I don't know whether you've dropped any weight. If weight is coming off, then there's genuinely nothing to worry about.
With no effects and no side effects at all, your odds of getting side effects from higher doses are lower than average. Typically people experience some mild version that worsens as the dose goes up, rather than nothing at all followed by something terrible. That said, side effects can be unpredictable, and the only thing you risk by raising the dose is a sudden worsening of side effects.
Still, moving up to 3mg for a couple of weeks and then to 4mg is unlikely to cause trouble. If nothing is happening yet, once hunger suppression or side effects do appear, you'll need to stop increasing more frequently than every 4 weeks.
Another route, with even less risk of side effects, is splitting the dose twice a week — for example 2mg plus 1mg, and if there are zero issues, then 2mg plus 2mg the following week. Unless you're genuinely insensitive to GLP's, you'll most likely notice something by 4mg. But I'd strongly urge you not to switch to tirz unless you've reached at least 8mg, and ideally 12mg. If those reta doses aren't cutting hunger or producing weight loss, then either your reta is no good, or you're among the unlucky 5% who don't lose much on them — and if that's the case, there's no reason to think tirz would do better. The two aren't identical, but how they work and what they do are very similar. And even though people claim reta gives less hunger suppression, it does suppress hunger — you can't shed 29% of your body weight in a year while eating the same amount of food.