Reta is wild!

OzzyFit

Explorer
Joined
Apr 25, 2026
Messages
58
Reaction score
0
Location
GA
I take 2mg each week. In just 14 days, I've dropped 9lbs. That's huge for me. My starting weight was 238, now I'm at 229. I hadn't seen the 220s in roughly 2 years. Since I have zero side effects, I started worrying it wasn't doing anything. The only thing I notice is a slight curb in hunger, which mainly shows up as not wanting sweets. If I felt like it, I could still put away a whole rack of ribs. During this stretch, I spent 2 days eating too much while following the NBA playoffs, and the weight is still basically dissolving. To be honest, at this stage I'm not sure I even want stronger appetite suppression, as long as it keeps me away from desserts and my kids' gummy snacks. I think I can still hit my protein goals without any trouble. I'm stunned.
 
OzzyFit said:

I take 2mg each week. In just 14 days, I've dropped 9lbs. That's huge for me. My starting weight was 238, now I'm at 229. I hadn't seen the 220s in roughly 2 years. Since I have zero side effects, I started worrying it wasn't doing anything. The only thing I notice is a slight curb in hunger, which mainly shows up as not wanting sweets. If I felt like it, I could still put away a whole rack of ribs. During this stretch, I spent 2 days eating too much while following the NBA playoffs, and the weight is still basically dissolving. To be honest, at this stage I'm not sure I even want stronger appetite suppression, as long as it keeps me away from desserts and my kids' gummy snacks. I think I can still hit my protein goals without any trouble. I'm stunned.

If you're just starting out with weight loss, a good portion of those 9lb is likely water weight coming off. Sustaining a 4.5lb/week drop is highly improbable—it would mean a daily deficit of roughly 2k+ calories.
 
woundcarping said:

OzzyFit said:

I take 2mg each week. In just 14 days, I've dropped 9lbs. That's huge for me. My starting weight was 238, now I'm at 229. I hadn't seen the 220s in roughly 2 years. Since I have zero side effects, I started worrying it wasn't doing anything. The only thing I notice is a slight curb in hunger, which mainly shows up as not wanting sweets. If I felt like it, I could still put away a whole rack of ribs. During this stretch, I spent 2 days eating too much while following the NBA playoffs, and the weight is still basically dissolving. To be honest, at this stage I'm not sure I even want stronger appetite suppression, as long as it keeps me away from desserts and my kids' gummy snacks. I think I can still hit my protein goals without any trouble. I'm stunned.

If you're just starting out with weight loss, a good portion of those 9lb is likely water weight coming off. Sustaining a 4.5lb/week drop is highly improbable—it would mean a daily deficit of roughly 2k+ calories.
That’s exactly the detail I was after. So it’s pretty much the honeymoon period, huh?
 
OzzyFit said:

woundcarping said:

OzzyFit said:

I take 2mg each week. In just 14 days, I've dropped 9lbs. That's huge for me. My starting weight was 238, now I'm at 229. I hadn't seen the 220s in roughly 2 years. Since I have zero side effects, I started worrying it wasn't doing anything. The only thing I notice is a slight curb in hunger, which mainly shows up as not wanting sweets. If I felt like it, I could still put away a whole rack of ribs. During this stretch, I spent 2 days eating too much while following the NBA playoffs, and the weight is still basically dissolving. To be honest, at this stage I'm not sure I even want stronger appetite suppression, as long as it keeps me away from desserts and my kids' gummy snacks. I think I can still hit my protein goals without any trouble. I'm stunned.

If you're just starting out with weight loss, a good portion of those 9lb is likely water weight coming off. Sustaining a 4.5lb/week drop is highly improbable—it would mean a daily deficit of roughly 2k+ calories.
That’s exactly the detail I was after. So it’s pretty much the honeymoon period, huh?

That perspective works well... provided you don't end up disappointed by expecting that pace to continue, it's typically not a real problem.

I usually aim for roughly 1% lost each week, and I've kept that up for 23 weeks so far (282lb down to 226lb, not counting the extra weight from creatine).
 
You still have to keep pinning it, even after the excitement wears off.

OzzyFit said:

woundcarping said:

OzzyFit said:

I take 2mg each week. In just 14 days, I've dropped 9lbs. That's huge for me. My starting weight was 238, now I'm at 229. I hadn't seen the 220s in roughly 2 years. Since I have zero side effects, I started worrying it wasn't doing anything. The only thing I notice is a slight curb in hunger, which mainly shows up as not wanting sweets. If I felt like it, I could still put away a whole rack of ribs. During this stretch, I spent 2 days eating too much while following the NBA playoffs, and the weight is still basically dissolving. To be honest, at this stage I'm not sure I even want stronger appetite suppression, as long as it keeps me away from desserts and my kids' gummy snacks. I think I can still hit my protein goals without any trouble. I'm stunned.

If you're just starting out with weight loss, a good portion of those 9lb is likely water weight coming off. Sustaining a 4.5lb/week drop is highly improbable—it would mean a daily deficit of roughly 2k+ calories.
That’s exactly the detail I was after. So it’s pretty much the honeymoon period, huh?
 
Reta is amazing right? Just stick with it, and those initial pounds are probably water weight, you can likely still drop 2 per week, and think about where you'll be after 3 months, and then 6!! So exciting! I'm on my 11th week, only just increased to 3 mg, lost 2 pounds each week and some weeks, 3. I now weigh LESS than I did in highschool, which was 35 goddamn years ago. Life changing. Reta gets all my gold stars from now until eternity. Love, love, LOVE!
 
sheilarae74 said:

Sadly, that phase doesn't last forever. As your system adapts, fat loss will slow down, and you'll no longer have the freedom to eat anything you please. 😭

My rate of loss isn't the same, yet there's no food I've wanted that I can't have—just in reduced amounts.

As far as side effects go, I seem to be an outlier, or maybe those in my situation tend not to speak up.
 
Across the many posts I went through, the rate that came up most often was roughly 10lbs each month — which works out to around 2lbs weekly. That same pace held for me through the first 7 months. Then it dropped to somewhere between 5-8lbs per month over the following 3months, and at this point, with only 15lbs left before my goal weight, the loss has come down to just 2-4lbs monthly.

With time, your body adjusts…
 
woundcarping said:

sheilarae74 said:

Sadly, that phase doesn't last forever. As your system adapts, fat loss will slow down, and you'll no longer have the freedom to eat anything you please. 😭

My rate of loss isn't the same, yet there's no food I've wanted that I can't have—just in reduced amounts.

As far as side effects go, I seem to be an outlier, or maybe those in my situation tend not to speak up.
I'm able to eat anything I like as well, but these days I'm dropping just about 1lb weekly on average, and that's genuinely the healthiest approach. The fact that I exercise less than most people probably isn't doing me any favors.
 
woundcarping said:

OzzyFit said:

I take 2mg each week. In just 14 days, I've dropped 9lbs. That's huge for me. My starting weight was 238, now I'm at 229. I hadn't seen the 220s in roughly 2 years. Since I have zero side effects, I started worrying it wasn't doing anything. The only thing I notice is a slight curb in hunger, which mainly shows up as not wanting sweets. If I felt like it, I could still put away a whole rack of ribs. During this stretch, I spent 2 days eating too much while following the NBA playoffs, and the weight is still basically dissolving. To be honest, at this stage I'm not sure I even want stronger appetite suppression, as long as it keeps me away from desserts and my kids' gummy snacks. I think I can still hit my protein goals without any trouble. I'm stunned.

If you're just starting out with weight loss, a good portion of those 9lb is likely water weight coming off. Sustaining a 4.5lb/week drop is highly improbable—it would mean a daily deficit of roughly 2k+ calories.
Yeah, that’s water weight. During my initial week or so it went the same way, but these days it’s 1-2.5lbs/week.
 
aRareUnicorn said:

Across the many posts I went through, the rate that came up most often was roughly 10lbs each month — which works out to around 2lbs weekly. That same pace held for me through the first 7 months. Then it dropped to somewhere between 5-8lbs per month over the following 3months, and at this point, with only 15lbs left before my goal weight, the loss has come down to just 2-4lbs monthly.

With time, your body adjusts…
2lbs weekly? man, I really wish that were the case!!!

currently on 6mg per week, and these final 10 lbs toward my ultimate target are BRUTAL

to make it happen I'd have to cap my daily intake at 1000 cal, keep pushing resistance training until failure, plus hit 15k steps every day

OR

run 12mg+6 mg tirz and spend 2 weeks feeling awful 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔 (the temptation is growing, but slow and steady wins the race)

sitting at 6 mg, I can still put away my 2100 cal and I've got to manage the food noise on my own

moving up to 8mg next week 😏
 
OzzyFit said:

I take 2mg each week. In just 14 days, I've dropped 9lbs. That's huge for me. My starting weight was 238, now I'm at 229. I hadn't seen the 220s in roughly 2 years. Since I have zero side effects, I started worrying it wasn't doing anything. The only thing I notice is a slight curb in hunger, which mainly shows up as not wanting sweets. If I felt like it, I could still put away a whole rack of ribs. During this stretch, I spent 2 days eating too much while following the NBA playoffs, and the weight is still basically dissolving. To be honest, at this stage I'm not sure I even want stronger appetite suppression, as long as it keeps me away from desserts and my kids' gummy snacks. I think I can still hit my protein goals without any trouble. I'm stunned.
Same situation here — the appetite suppression isn't really there for me, but my urge to snack on junk has vanished entirely. No more 10pm raids on the kids' leftover Easter eggs 🤣 And when we go out to eat, ordering a starter plus a main course just isn't happening anymore.
 
woundcarping said:

sheilarae74 said:

Sadly, that phase doesn't last forever. As your system adapts, fat loss will slow down, and you'll no longer have the freedom to eat anything you please. 😭

My rate of loss isn't the same, yet there's no food I've wanted that I can't have—just in reduced amounts.

As far as side effects go, I seem to be an outlier, or maybe those in my situation tend not to speak up.
I wrote a full post regarding how Reta affects appetite suppression. For me, and plenty of other people who said the same thing, the main effect is simply getting full sooner. Hunger hasn't disappeared for me, and I can still have whatever I want to drink or eat — no food becomes unappealing. That works well for me, since I want to keep enjoying what I eat. The difference is that I'm less inclined to reach for a bag of chips, because I'm already full. Building a routine around healthy meals makes it much easier to reduce calories and cut out junk food.
 
OzzyFit said:

I take 2mg each week. In just 14 days, I've dropped 9lbs. That's huge for me. My starting weight was 238, now I'm at 229. I hadn't seen the 220s in roughly 2 years. Since I have zero side effects, I started worrying it wasn't doing anything. The only thing I notice is a slight curb in hunger, which mainly shows up as not wanting sweets. If I felt like it, I could still put away a whole rack of ribs. During this stretch, I spent 2 days eating too much while following the NBA playoffs, and the weight is still basically dissolving. To be honest, at this stage I'm not sure I even want stronger appetite suppression, as long as it keeps me away from desserts and my kids' gummy snacks. I think I can still hit my protein goals without any trouble. I'm stunned.
Yeah, aim for nutritious dishes—they'll satisfy you enough that you won't feel as drawn toward eating loads of junk. Still, being able to eat whatever you like is a plus; in my view, that post-meal fullness is the perfect kind of appetite suppression, since I'd rather savor my food than have it become unappealing the way other GLPs tend to do.

Once I reached 2mg, I dropped a lot of weight as well. After that it slowed down, and I've fluctuated here and there, but across 11 weeks the trend has been a consistent drop of slightly more than a lb each week. If you aren't already tracking everything, I'd suggest the Shotsy app. Good luck!
 
Imfrijole said:

woundcarping said:

sheilarae74 said:

Sadly, that phase doesn't last forever. As your system adapts, fat loss will slow down, and you'll no longer have the freedom to eat anything you please. 😭

My rate of loss isn't the same, yet there's no food I've wanted that I can't have—just in reduced amounts.

As far as side effects go, I seem to be an outlier, or maybe those in my situation tend not to speak up.
I wrote a full post regarding how Reta affects appetite suppression. For me, and plenty of other people who said the same thing, the main effect is simply getting full sooner. Hunger hasn't disappeared for me, and I can still have whatever I want to drink or eat — no food becomes unappealing. That works well for me, since I want to keep enjoying what I eat. The difference is that I'm less inclined to reach for a bag of chips, because I'm already full. Building a routine around healthy meals makes it much easier to reduce calories and cut out junk food.
Same here, that's exactly how it's gone for me. The sick feeling has mostly faded, so my appetite came back up, yet I still can't eat large amounts since I fill up almost immediately. My target is roughly 2100 calories daily, but reaching even 1600 takes real effort, especially while I'm also chasing my protein targets.
 
OzzyFit said:

I take 2mg each week. In just 14 days, I've dropped 9lbs. That's huge for me. My starting weight was 238, now I'm at 229. I hadn't seen the 220s in roughly 2 years. Since I have zero side effects, I started worrying it wasn't doing anything. The only thing I notice is a slight curb in hunger, which mainly shows up as not wanting sweets. If I felt like it, I could still put away a whole rack of ribs. During this stretch, I spent 2 days eating too much while following the NBA playoffs, and the weight is still basically dissolving. To be honest, at this stage I'm not sure I even want stronger appetite suppression, as long as it keeps me away from desserts and my kids' gummy snacks. I think I can still hit my protein goals without any trouble. I'm stunned.
4mg is the only dose where I've actually experienced genuine appetite suppression — can't recommend it enough.

For reference, I'm a 6'0 male at 190. Tirz hit me really hard too. My Reta path went 1mg, then 2mg, then 4mg across 4 weeks. On top of that, I split it into 2 shots of 2mg 2x a week, spaced every 3.5 days.
 
Beachnwaves98 said:

OzzyFit said:

I take 2mg each week. In just 14 days, I've dropped 9lbs. That's huge for me. My starting weight was 238, now I'm at 229. I hadn't seen the 220s in roughly 2 years. Since I have zero side effects, I started worrying it wasn't doing anything. The only thing I notice is a slight curb in hunger, which mainly shows up as not wanting sweets. If I felt like it, I could still put away a whole rack of ribs. During this stretch, I spent 2 days eating too much while following the NBA playoffs, and the weight is still basically dissolving. To be honest, at this stage I'm not sure I even want stronger appetite suppression, as long as it keeps me away from desserts and my kids' gummy snacks. I think I can still hit my protein goals without any trouble. I'm stunned.
4mg is the only dose where I've actually experienced genuine appetite suppression — can't recommend it enough.

For reference, I'm a 6'0 male at 190. Tirz hit me really hard too. My Reta path went 1mg, then 2mg, then 4mg across 4 weeks. On top of that, I split it into 2 shots of 2mg 2x a week, spaced every 3.5 days.
I believed 2, 4 and 6mg were giving me fullness and killing my appetite. 3 weeks back we moved to 8mg and wow. Part of that, I think, comes down to who made it. The manufacturer is MLB, and a couple months ago I ran their R24 at 6mg and had the identical feeling. My source is one of my vendors. You'll never locate them, since they told me they don't sell to the public and have no wish to be discovered.
 
px1984 said:

OzzyFit said:

I take 2mg each week. In just 14 days, I've dropped 9lbs. That's huge for me. My starting weight was 238, now I'm at 229. I hadn't seen the 220s in roughly 2 years. Since I have zero side effects, I started worrying it wasn't doing anything. The only thing I notice is a slight curb in hunger, which mainly shows up as not wanting sweets. If I felt like it, I could still put away a whole rack of ribs. During this stretch, I spent 2 days eating too much while following the NBA playoffs, and the weight is still basically dissolving. To be honest, at this stage I'm not sure I even want stronger appetite suppression, as long as it keeps me away from desserts and my kids' gummy snacks. I think I can still hit my protein goals without any trouble. I'm stunned.
Same situation here — the appetite suppression isn't really there for me, but my urge to snack on junk has vanished entirely. No more 10pm raids on the kids' leftover Easter eggs 🤣 And when we go out to eat, ordering a starter plus a main course just isn't happening anymore.
Nope, I didn’t overdo it with the chips and dip at the Mexican place today!
 
I’m completely on board that this stuff is insane. Four weeks on reta at 1.5mg are now behind me, and I’ve dropped 18.5 lbs so far. No sides at all. Fingers crossed this "honey moon phase" sticks around for a while.

Stats - 6'0, SW: 305, CW: 286.5, 1.5mg every 5 days.
 
Back
Top