Honestly, I never imagined I'd be saying this — and I'm someone who deals with food addiction and binge eating disorder — but here I am at week 4 and the mere smell of food makes me feel awful. I used to have food on my mind 24/7, yet now, at 2mg (my start date was February 4th), just the thought of eating turns my stomach.
Yesterday we ordered Greek food. I managed a little meat and tzatziki, then brought all of it back up. About the only things I can keep down these days are rice cakes and other bland items. That means my protein intake is way too low, and even meat — which I used to love — now repulses me? Before Reta I averaged roughly 2000 kcal; for the first two weeks on Reta that dropped to 1400; at this point I'm lucky if I hit 500 kcal. I suppose I'm an extremely high responder, to put it mildly lol.
I still haven't weighed myself since our scale died. My starting weight was 78 kg, so I'm eager to know where I stand now. My face has clearly gotten thinner, my collarbones stick out a lot, and I can feel my ribs again without having to press. Under normal circumstances I'd be thrilled, but getting enough protein is such a struggle. The last thing I want is to become skinny-fat or to ache every time I exercise.
Should I drop back down to a lower dose, do you think? For the first two weeks I took 1 mg every 6 days, after that I moved up to 2 mg and began injecting every 5 days rather than 6.
Yesterday we ordered Greek food. I managed a little meat and tzatziki, then brought all of it back up. About the only things I can keep down these days are rice cakes and other bland items. That means my protein intake is way too low, and even meat — which I used to love — now repulses me? Before Reta I averaged roughly 2000 kcal; for the first two weeks on Reta that dropped to 1400; at this point I'm lucky if I hit 500 kcal. I suppose I'm an extremely high responder, to put it mildly lol.
I still haven't weighed myself since our scale died. My starting weight was 78 kg, so I'm eager to know where I stand now. My face has clearly gotten thinner, my collarbones stick out a lot, and I can feel my ribs again without having to press. Under normal circumstances I'd be thrilled, but getting enough protein is such a struggle. The last thing I want is to become skinny-fat or to ache every time I exercise.
Should I drop back down to a lower dose, do you think? For the first two weeks I took 1 mg every 6 days, after that I moved up to 2 mg and began injecting every 5 days rather than 6.