Reta has apparently stopped working???

Rosco P. Coltrane said:

Taking 15-20mg weekly is insane! I've never come across anyone using that kind of dose. Before anything else, I'd check the source of your reta and confirm it's the real deal.
I know 2 people who used reta in the mid-20s. It's more potent than 12, but not by a huge margin—GLP-1s hit diminishing returns.
 
Thos said:

I've been using Reta for 22 weeks now, and over the past few weeks my weight loss has really plateaued, plus my appetite has returned, particularly in the evenings. I've lost 47 kg so far. I was taking 15 mg weekly, then increased to 20 mg weekly, but it made no difference at all!!!!
Looking at your starting point and that 47 kilo drop, reta has performed slightly under the typical result, though only slightly — roughly a 25% reduction instead of the 29% or more that 12mg of reta tends to produce across a year. No human trials have ever examined reta above 12mg, so predicting what larger doses will do is difficult; on average you would anticipate a little more weight loss, yet you are entering the zone of diminishing returns, where raising the dose yields minimal additional loss while possibly worsening side effects.

What matters most is recognising that it is still doing its job and preventing regain, Even if reaching 150kg from 200 falls short of your goal, that change still carries major consequences for long-term health, and holding onto it counts as much as anything.

That said, I would also back adding elora ( or cagri ) , since no solid human data exists yet except semaglutide combined with cagrilintide. Cagri likely works somewhat less well and brings more side effects than elora, though it costs less . Elora has only been on the market for a handful of weeks. Strong grounds exist to think reta plus cagri or reta plus elora could deliver a decent amount of additional weight loss. And that approach is far more likely to succeed than pushing reta higher or stacking tirz. Still, beginning cagri at a very low dose matters 0.25mg and titrating up gradually, or for elora perhaps 1mg with the same slow approach. My view is that the adverse effects of combining GLP drugs remain largely unknown, but considering how serious the health dangers of severe obesity are, it is highly improbable those combos are worse.

A good portion of the guidance above, I think, overlooks how hard it is to hit the gym at 150 kg or more, if you can manage it great, but if not, holding off until weight drops further may be more realistic and safer. From my own experience I could barely walk until I went from 145 kg down to 115kg, and even at that point a 5 minute walk hurt quite a lot. After that, though, I managed to build it up step by step.

The 1000 kcal/day figure is not out of reach when long term low calorie metabolic adaptation is at play, but even so it is quite low for that body weight. Getting a more accurate picture could be worthwhile — weigh everything you eat and log it for a week, and I found chatgpt handled calculating calories / protein / carbs etc from the foods and amounts rather well, or booking a professional dietitian might also help.
 
Back
Top