Reta has apparently stopped working???

Thos

Explorer
Joined
Jun 13, 2026
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
Melbourne
I've been using Reta for 22 weeks now, and over the past few weeks my weight loss has really plateaued, plus my appetite has returned, particularly in the evenings. I've lost 47 kg so far. I was taking 15 mg weekly, then increased to 20 mg weekly, but it made no difference at all!!!!
 
If it truly stopped working, you'd be putting weight back on, not just hitting a plateau.

What do you weigh right now? Almost everything has a ceiling. Stacking might be the next step.
 
woundcarping said:

If it truly stopped working, you'd be putting weight back on, not just hitting a plateau.

What do you weigh right now? Almost everything has a ceiling. Stacking might be the next step.
Starting at 203 kg, now down to 156
 
woundcarping said:

If it truly stopped working, you'd be putting weight back on, not just hitting a plateau.

What do you weigh right now? Almost everything has a ceiling. Stacking might be the next step.
Would it help to add Triz on top?
 
Thos said:

woundcarping said:

If it truly stopped working, you'd be putting weight back on, not just hitting a plateau.

What do you weigh right now? Almost everything has a ceiling. Stacking might be the next step.
Starting at 203 kg, now down to 156

The first thing I'd do is dig into the data and the math.

Make sure weigh-ins happen at the same time each day, calories are logged, and exercise is tracked.

Dropping 2+kg each week is very aggressive, though given where you started, it lands closer to a sensible range. For myself, I aim for a 1% drop week over week.
 
woundcarping said:

Thos said:

woundcarping said:

If it truly stopped working, you'd be putting weight back on, not just hitting a plateau.

What do you weigh right now? Almost everything has a ceiling. Stacking might be the next step.
Starting at 203 kg, now down to 156

The first thing I'd do is dig into the data and the math.

Make sure weigh-ins happen at the same time each day, calories are logged, and exercise is tracked.

Dropping 2+kg each week is very aggressive, though given where you started, it lands closer to a sensible range. For myself, I aim for a 1% drop week over week.
I track all of it — weekly weigh-ins plus a strict 1000 calories per day intake — though I have to be honest, I don't do much exercise beyond a 30 min walk each day.

Thanks for your thoughts
 
Thos said:

woundcarping said:

Thos said:

woundcarping said:

If it truly stopped working, you'd be putting weight back on, not just hitting a plateau.

What do you weigh right now? Almost everything has a ceiling. Stacking might be the next step.
Starting at 203 kg, now down to 156

The first thing I'd do is dig into the data and the math.

Make sure weigh-ins happen at the same time each day, calories are logged, and exercise is tracked.

Dropping 2+kg each week is very aggressive, though given where you started, it lands closer to a sensible range. For myself, I aim for a 1% drop week over week.
I track all of it — weekly weigh-ins plus a strict 1000 calories per day intake — though I have to be honest, I don't do much exercise beyond a 30 min walk each day.

Thanks for your thoughts

I've been taking 15 mg weekly starting in mid-February.
 
Thos said:

Thos said:

woundcarping said:

Thos said:

woundcarping said:

If it truly stopped working, you'd be putting weight back on, not just hitting a plateau.

What do you weigh right now? Almost everything has a ceiling. Stacking might be the next step.
Starting at 203 kg, now down to 156

The first thing I'd do is dig into the data and the math.

Make sure weigh-ins happen at the same time each day, calories are logged, and exercise is tracked.

Dropping 2+kg each week is very aggressive, though given where you started, it lands closer to a sensible range. For myself, I aim for a 1% drop week over week.
I track all of it — weekly weigh-ins plus a strict 1000 calories per day intake — though I have to be honest, I don't do much exercise beyond a 30 min walk each day.

Thanks for your thoughts

I've been taking 15 mg weekly starting in mid-February.
15mg of Reta each week? How have you been dosing it since you began?
 
Taking 15-20mg weekly is insane! I've never come across anyone using that kind of dose. Before anything else, I'd check the source of your reta and confirm it's the real deal.
 
BNLFL said:

Thos said:

Thos said:

woundcarping said:

Thos said:

woundcarping said:

If it truly stopped working, you'd be putting weight back on, not just hitting a plateau.

What do you weigh right now? Almost everything has a ceiling. Stacking might be the next step.
Starting at 203 kg, now down to 156

The first thing I'd do is dig into the data and the math.

Make sure weigh-ins happen at the same time each day, calories are logged, and exercise is tracked.

Dropping 2+kg each week is very aggressive, though given where you started, it lands closer to a sensible range. For myself, I aim for a 1% drop week over week.
I track all of it — weekly weigh-ins plus a strict 1000 calories per day intake — though I have to be honest, I don't do much exercise beyond a 30 min walk each day.

Thanks for your thoughts

I've been taking 15 mg weekly starting in mid-February.
15mg of Reta each week? How have you been dosing it since you began?
Began at 5 mg per week
 
Thos said:

BNLFL said:

Thos said:

Thos said:

woundcarping said:

Thos said:

woundcarping said:

If it truly stopped working, you'd be putting weight back on, not just hitting a plateau.

What do you weigh right now? Almost everything has a ceiling. Stacking might be the next step.
Starting at 203 kg, now down to 156

The first thing I'd do is dig into the data and the math.

Make sure weigh-ins happen at the same time each day, calories are logged, and exercise is tracked.

Dropping 2+kg each week is very aggressive, though given where you started, it lands closer to a sensible range. For myself, I aim for a 1% drop week over week.
I track all of it — weekly weigh-ins plus a strict 1000 calories per day intake — though I have to be honest, I don't do much exercise beyond a 30 min walk each day.

Thanks for your thoughts

I've been taking 15 mg weekly starting in mid-February.
15mg of Reta each week? How have you been dosing it since you began?
Began at 5 mg per week
That's a lot, man. What's the reason for such a high dose?
 
Rosco P. Coltrane said:

Taking 15-20mg weekly is insane! I've never come across anyone using that kind of dose. Before anything else, I'd check the source of your reta and confirm it's the real deal.
Without a doubt, 100% legitimate
 
BNLFL said:

Thos said:

BNLFL said:

Thos said:

Thos said:

woundcarping said:

Thos said:

woundcarping said:

If it truly stopped working, you'd be putting weight back on, not just hitting a plateau.

What do you weigh right now? Almost everything has a ceiling. Stacking might be the next step.
Starting at 203 kg, now down to 156

The first thing I'd do is dig into the data and the math.

Make sure weigh-ins happen at the same time each day, calories are logged, and exercise is tracked.

Dropping 2+kg each week is very aggressive, though given where you started, it lands closer to a sensible range. For myself, I aim for a 1% drop week over week.
I track all of it — weekly weigh-ins plus a strict 1000 calories per day intake — though I have to be honest, I don't do much exercise beyond a 30 min walk each day.

Thanks for your thoughts

I've been taking 15 mg weekly starting in mid-February.
15mg of Reta each week? How have you been dosing it since you began?
Began at 5 mg per week
That's a lot, man. What's the reason for such a high dose?
When I was on a smaller dose, the food noise would keep returning, so I increased it to make that stop
 
Rosco P. Coltrane said:

Taking 15-20mg weekly is insane! I've never come across anyone using that kind of dose. Before anything else, I'd check the source of your reta and confirm it's the real deal.
I also know several people who use the same product at a much lower dose, and it does the job for them.
 
Honestly, Reta barely touches my food noise. That said, it does make me eat a whole lot less. Right now I'm at 6mg and I've dropped 42 pounds since January. Each month I keep stepping my dose up little by little.
 
Thos said:

woundcarping said:

Thos said:

woundcarping said:

If it truly stopped working, you'd be putting weight back on, not just hitting a plateau.

What do you weigh right now? Almost everything has a ceiling. Stacking might be the next step.
Starting at 203 kg, now down to 156

The first thing I'd do is dig into the data and the math.

Make sure weigh-ins happen at the same time each day, calories are logged, and exercise is tracked.

Dropping 2+kg each week is very aggressive, though given where you started, it lands closer to a sensible range. For myself, I aim for a 1% drop week over week.
I track all of it — weekly weigh-ins plus a strict 1000 calories per day intake — though I have to be honest, I don't do much exercise beyond a 30 min walk each day.

Thanks for your thoughts
That's likely what's going on here. Eat more and start lifting. A day's worth of 1000 calories simply won't keep your body in good shape. When you don't take in enough food, your body may shift into a protective state and hold onto every nutrient it gets, which could explain why the weight loss has stopped.
 
Builderman said:

Thos said:

woundcarping said:

Thos said:

woundcarping said:

If it truly stopped working, you'd be putting weight back on, not just hitting a plateau.

What do you weigh right now? Almost everything has a ceiling. Stacking might be the next step.
Starting at 203 kg, now down to 156

The first thing I'd do is dig into the data and the math.

Make sure weigh-ins happen at the same time each day, calories are logged, and exercise is tracked.

Dropping 2+kg each week is very aggressive, though given where you started, it lands closer to a sensible range. For myself, I aim for a 1% drop week over week.
I track all of it — weekly weigh-ins plus a strict 1000 calories per day intake — though I have to be honest, I don't do much exercise beyond a 30 min walk each day.

Thanks for your thoughts
That's likely what's going on here. Eat more and start lifting. A day's worth of 1000 calories simply won't keep your body in good shape. When you don't take in enough food, your body may shift into a protective state and hold onto every nutrient it gets, which could explain why the weight loss has stopped.
I'm not convinced that would really solve the problem, but 1000 calories sounds way too low given the weight mentioned earlier. You could eat twice that and still be in a deficit
 
BigRed1 said:

Builderman said:

Thos said:

woundcarping said:

Thos said:

woundcarping said:

If it truly stopped working, you'd be putting weight back on, not just hitting a plateau.

What do you weigh right now? Almost everything has a ceiling. Stacking might be the next step.
Starting at 203 kg, now down to 156

The first thing I'd do is dig into the data and the math.

Make sure weigh-ins happen at the same time each day, calories are logged, and exercise is tracked.

Dropping 2+kg each week is very aggressive, though given where you started, it lands closer to a sensible range. For myself, I aim for a 1% drop week over week.
I track all of it — weekly weigh-ins plus a strict 1000 calories per day intake — though I have to be honest, I don't do much exercise beyond a 30 min walk each day.

Thanks for your thoughts
That's likely what's going on here. Eat more and start lifting. A day's worth of 1000 calories simply won't keep your body in good shape. When you don't take in enough food, your body may shift into a protective state and hold onto every nutrient it gets, which could explain why the weight loss has stopped.
I'm not convinced that would really solve the problem, but 1000 calories sounds way too low given the weight mentioned earlier. You could eat twice that and still be in a deficit
That is what I think too. You could be correct that it is not the only problem. Still, 2000 calories would very likely leave you in a deficit. That is simply where I would begin.
 
Back
Top