Reta halted for surgery, and now it isn't doing its job

KevinS

Explorer
Joined
Nov 23, 2025
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Location
Outer Banks, NC USA
I'd been on reta for roughly 5 months and worked up to 4mg once weekly. A C6 corpectomy came up, so I quit reta around 2 weeks prior to the operation. After a month back home, I restarted right away with 2mg on the day I got back, took another 2mg a few days later, then resumed 4mg on my usual schedule. It seemed like nothing was happening. For the last 2 weeks I've gone to 5mg (injecting on sundays), and now it's wednesday and I'm craving snacks constantly. Everything had been going great before the surgery. I went from 275 down to 222 across those 5 months, and now I'm sitting at 227. Until the doc gives me the green light to exercise again, I can't do much, but what options do I have to get this working like before? My current protocols are: BPC157 1mg twice a day, KPV 300mcg twice a day, Testosterone Cyp 40mg M/W/F, Reta Sundays 5mg, TB500 2.5mg Mon/Thurs, MotsC 2.5mg M/W/F, SS-31 2mg daily, Slu-pp-332 300mcg daily, GHK-cu 2mg daily. That's what I'm running right now. Soon I'll add tesamorelin/ipamorelin back in. I also have cagrilintide on the way and was considering starting it on thursdays as an extra help.

Has anyone else dealt with this? It was all going so well, and then neck surgery had to derail everything. Should I adjust anything in my current protocol? I looked into these a while back, and you know how things keep shifting.
 
KevinS said:

I'd been on reta for roughly 5 months and worked up to 4mg once weekly. A C6 corpectomy came up, so I quit reta around 2 weeks prior to the operation. After a month back home, I restarted right away with 2mg on the day I got back, took another 2mg a few days later, then resumed 4mg on my usual schedule. It seemed like nothing was happening. For the last 2 weeks I've gone to 5mg (injecting on sundays), and now it's wednesday and I'm craving snacks constantly. Everything had been going great before the surgery. I went from 275 down to 222 across those 5 months, and now I'm sitting at 227. Until the doc gives me the green light to exercise again, I can't do much, but what options do I have to get this working like before? My current protocols are: BPC157 1mg twice a day, KPV 300mcg twice a day, Testosterone Cyp 40mg M/W/F, Reta Sundays 5mg, TB500 2.5mg Mon/Thurs, MotsC 2.5mg M/W/F, SS-31 2mg daily, Slu-pp-332 300mcg daily, GHK-cu 2mg daily. That's what I'm running right now. Soon I'll add tesamorelin/ipamorelin back in. I also have cagrilintide on the way and was considering starting it on thursdays as an extra help.

Has anyone else dealt with this? It was all going so well, and then neck surgery had to derail everything. Should I adjust anything in my current protocol? I looked into these a while back, and you know how things keep shifting.

Yeah, the same thing happened to me when I had to come off tirz. Once I restarted, getting the same results meant pushing my dose way up. In your shoes, I'd go straight to 8mg and see whether that brings the effect back. The thing you want to avoid is letting cravings take hold and putting weight back on. That said, you're still on 5mg reta, so a big regain isn't likely. For me, I quit cold turkey for a month and put back roughly 12lbs. Getting it off again took time and a much bigger dose.

Glad the surgery went well and hope you're feeling alright. Looking at the big picture, this is a minor bump. Raise the dose and you'll be fine.
 
Devilseye said:


Yes, i had to stop tirz and a similar situation happened. When i got back to it I had to really up my dosage to get the same effect. If I were you id jump to 8mg to see if the effect comes back. What you dont want is cravings settling in and gaining weight back. I mean you still are on 5mg reta so you shouldnt gain a lot of weight. In my case I stopped cold turkey for a month and gained a good 12lbs or so back. Took a while and a much higher dose to get bavk down afterwards.

Hope you’re doing good though and glad to see surgery went well. This is a small problem to have in the grand scheme of things. Bump up the dosage and youll be fine.

Click to expand...
Appreciate the response. I'll stick with 5mg for another week. If things don't improve, I might bump it to 6mg the following week. My approach is to increase gradually and stretch out how long until I hit the ceiling. I'm pretty much at my target weight, and I'm confident that once I'm able to exercise again, the pounds will come off.
 
Back
Top