Here's a bit of background... I'm 50. My reason for starting reta was to get leaner. Between a heavy workload, travel, stress, snacking and too much wine, the weight had crept up. I've gone from 85 kg down to 73 kg, and I'm 184 cm tall. For the last 3 months I've taken 1mg of Reta every 5 days. At this point I'm already fairly lean, and from the very first day I've stayed active with band-based 'weight training' plus pilates 2-3 times a week.
A gym recently opened across from the office, so now I'm training there 3-4 times a week over lunch. Each session generally runs a solid 60-70 min. I log everything with ChatGPT and Hevy. Ever since I began these gym sessions, my appetite has shot up..
Since starting reta I've quit drinking, cut out snacks, and been sitting around 1500 calories a day.. I just had no appetite. With my appetite now back, I'm going back and forth with myself and Chatgpt about what my calorie intake ought to be. My food is clean: beef, chicken, veggies and rice or potatoes. Given how active I am with lifting, pilates and walking my dogs, Chat suggests 2500-2800 calories a day, which works out to roughly 180-200 grams of protein and 250-300 grams of carbs. Over these past 2 weeks I've been at about 23-2500 calories a day.
My new goal now is to add more muscle. I've been on TRT 150mg per week for a while, along with 2iu HGH five times per week.
Any sharp minds here who could point me in the right direction? All I'm after is a lean look at my age with some solid muscle gain over the nexy many months.
My brain keeps telling me I'm eating too much, since I spent 3.5 months in a deficit. I can eat fine, and honestly after eating more, especially with the hard workouts, I get really hungry.
So appetite isn't the issue, it's more that I'm unsure how much I should actually be eating. I know I need fuel to grow, but I also don't want to overdo it, and I'm no longer a spring chicken ( only in heart and mind )and my wife keeps asking me to put on some weight too
Hope someone can chime in
A gym recently opened across from the office, so now I'm training there 3-4 times a week over lunch. Each session generally runs a solid 60-70 min. I log everything with ChatGPT and Hevy. Ever since I began these gym sessions, my appetite has shot up..
Since starting reta I've quit drinking, cut out snacks, and been sitting around 1500 calories a day.. I just had no appetite. With my appetite now back, I'm going back and forth with myself and Chatgpt about what my calorie intake ought to be. My food is clean: beef, chicken, veggies and rice or potatoes. Given how active I am with lifting, pilates and walking my dogs, Chat suggests 2500-2800 calories a day, which works out to roughly 180-200 grams of protein and 250-300 grams of carbs. Over these past 2 weeks I've been at about 23-2500 calories a day.
My new goal now is to add more muscle. I've been on TRT 150mg per week for a while, along with 2iu HGH five times per week.
Any sharp minds here who could point me in the right direction? All I'm after is a lean look at my age with some solid muscle gain over the nexy many months.
My brain keeps telling me I'm eating too much, since I spent 3.5 months in a deficit. I can eat fine, and honestly after eating more, especially with the hard workouts, I get really hungry.
So appetite isn't the issue, it's more that I'm unsure how much I should actually be eating. I know I need fuel to grow, but I also don't want to overdo it, and I'm no longer a spring chicken ( only in heart and mind )and my wife keeps asking me to put on some weight too
Hope someone can chime in