Reta for 3 Months: Biological Age Estimate Fell

mixie

Explorer
Joined
Jul 2, 2026
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
aus
After 3 months of Reta, my latest bloodwork came back and there's plenty of positive news.

Cholesterol shifted from good to excellent. Triglycerides went from 1.1 down to 0.6!

Hba1c excellent, moving from 5% -> 4.9%

Fasting glucose - 4.1

My low ferritin climbed a lot, from 26 to 70! Iron deficiency is no longer an issue for me! I think stopping coffee and sticking to iron supplementation more reliably played a big part.

That said, my AST and ALT came back mildly elevated. ALT moved from 16 → 29. The rest of my liver markers were normal. The night before the blood draw I did 3 hours of intense skating, which can cause AST and ALT to rise temporarily, so I'm watching it. Planning to retest in 3 months to see whether a pattern shows up. My platelets were also slightly toward the lower end.

I also ran my blood test results through an LLM to estimate biological age with the Levine PhenoAge method, and it returned roughly 26! 3 months ago, using my earlier bloods, it put me at about 34 (my chronological age). Clearly this isn't a diagnostic test, but it's still a fun metric to follow over time.

Feel free to share your blood test results from your GLP-1 journey here 🙂 I'd love to see it
 
Began reta on 01/26, got tested during Feb., then had another round of tests in June.

I stayed on micro doses until roughly May, at which point it clicked that weight loss wasn't the only thing this was doing, so I moved up past 1.5mg per week. These days I'm at 6mg weekly, and I'm curious what the results will look like when I test again. 🤞
 
A panel I ran via goodlabs produced this report. According to its estimate, my biological age came out to 29, while I’m actually 42. I’m not sure how seriously to take it, though it’s at least a nice ego boost.
 
mixie said:

After 3 months of Reta, my latest bloodwork came back and there's plenty of positive news.

Cholesterol shifted from good to excellent. Triglycerides went from 1.1 down to 0.6!

Hba1c excellent, moving from 5% -> 4.9%

Fasting glucose - 4.1

My low ferritin climbed a lot, from 26 to 70! Iron deficiency is no longer an issue for me! I think stopping coffee and sticking to iron supplementation more reliably played a big part.

That said, my AST and ALT came back mildly elevated. ALT moved from 16 → 29. The rest of my liver markers were normal. The night before the blood draw I did 3 hours of intense skating, which can cause AST and ALT to rise temporarily, so I'm watching it. Planning to retest in 3 months to see whether a pattern shows up. My platelets were also slightly toward the lower end.

I also ran my blood test results through an LLM to estimate biological age with the Levine PhenoAge method, and it returned roughly 26! 3 months ago, using my earlier bloods, it put me at about 34 (my chronological age). Clearly this isn't a diagnostic test, but it's still a fun metric to follow over time.

Feel free to share your blood test results from your GLP-1 journey here 🙂 I'd love to see it

Just learned today that coffee can interfere with how the body takes in iron. That clears up why my husband keeps having trouble with his iron levels (he goes through a huge amount of coffee - even a 'caffè normale' after each meal 😳)

Great job on those impressive results, and for cutting back on coffee!
 
NagChamp said:

mixie said:

After 3 months of Reta, my latest bloodwork came back and there's plenty of positive news.

Cholesterol shifted from good to excellent. Triglycerides went from 1.1 down to 0.6!

Hba1c excellent, moving from 5% -> 4.9%

Fasting glucose - 4.1

My low ferritin climbed a lot, from 26 to 70! Iron deficiency is no longer an issue for me! I think stopping coffee and sticking to iron supplementation more reliably played a big part.

That said, my AST and ALT came back mildly elevated. ALT moved from 16 → 29. The rest of my liver markers were normal. The night before the blood draw I did 3 hours of intense skating, which can cause AST and ALT to rise temporarily, so I'm watching it. Planning to retest in 3 months to see whether a pattern shows up. My platelets were also slightly toward the lower end.

I also ran my blood test results through an LLM to estimate biological age with the Levine PhenoAge method, and it returned roughly 26! 3 months ago, using my earlier bloods, it put me at about 34 (my chronological age). Clearly this isn't a diagnostic test, but it's still a fun metric to follow over time.

Feel free to share your blood test results from your GLP-1 journey here 🙂 I'd love to see it

Just learned today that coffee can interfere with how the body takes in iron. That clears up why my husband keeps having trouble with his iron levels (he goes through a huge amount of coffee - even a 'caffè normale' after each meal 😳)

Great job on those impressive results, and for cutting back on coffee!
Here comes the backlash—everyone duck! 😆
 
When my doctor looked at my cholesterol results, which were flawless after just a few weeks, he seemed a little puzzled (he has no idea I'm on Reta). According to him, he had never witnessed such a fast shift. My labs are nearly spotless; I'm only fine-tuning my trt. I expect the next draw will show everything as perfect.
 
The scale I use offers a rough "fitness age" estimate. When I began, it showed 78. These days it reads 65. (I'm 56, by the way.) 😅

What really pleases me is the visceral fat figure — it used to be 15 and now it's 9. Honestly, every single metric has gotten better. My first set of follow-up blood tests hasn't come back yet — I'm really looking forward to it! I've never felt eager about getting blood drawn before.
 
mixie said:

After 3 months of Reta, my latest bloodwork came back and there's plenty of positive news.

Cholesterol shifted from good to excellent. Triglycerides went from 1.1 down to 0.6!

Hba1c excellent, moving from 5% -> 4.9%

Fasting glucose - 4.1

My low ferritin climbed a lot, from 26 to 70! Iron deficiency is no longer an issue for me! I think stopping coffee and sticking to iron supplementation more reliably played a big part.

That said, my AST and ALT came back mildly elevated. ALT moved from 16 → 29. The rest of my liver markers were normal. The night before the blood draw I did 3 hours of intense skating, which can cause AST and ALT to rise temporarily, so I'm watching it. Planning to retest in 3 months to see whether a pattern shows up. My platelets were also slightly toward the lower end.

I also ran my blood test results through an LLM to estimate biological age with the Levine PhenoAge method, and it returned roughly 26! 3 months ago, using my earlier bloods, it put me at about 34 (my chronological age). Clearly this isn't a diagnostic test, but it's still a fun metric to follow over time.

Feel free to share your blood test results from your GLP-1 journey here 🙂 I'd love to see it
What does LLM stand for?
 
NagChamp said:

mixie said:

After 3 months of Reta, my latest bloodwork came back and there's plenty of positive news.

Cholesterol shifted from good to excellent. Triglycerides went from 1.1 down to 0.6!

Hba1c excellent, moving from 5% -> 4.9%

Fasting glucose - 4.1

My low ferritin climbed a lot, from 26 to 70! Iron deficiency is no longer an issue for me! I think stopping coffee and sticking to iron supplementation more reliably played a big part.

That said, my AST and ALT came back mildly elevated. ALT moved from 16 → 29. The rest of my liver markers were normal. The night before the blood draw I did 3 hours of intense skating, which can cause AST and ALT to rise temporarily, so I'm watching it. Planning to retest in 3 months to see whether a pattern shows up. My platelets were also slightly toward the lower end.

I also ran my blood test results through an LLM to estimate biological age with the Levine PhenoAge method, and it returned roughly 26! 3 months ago, using my earlier bloods, it put me at about 34 (my chronological age). Clearly this isn't a diagnostic test, but it's still a fun metric to follow over time.

Feel free to share your blood test results from your GLP-1 journey here 🙂 I'd love to see it

Just learned today that coffee can interfere with how the body takes in iron. That clears up why my husband keeps having trouble with his iron levels (he goes through a huge amount of coffee - even a 'caffè normale' after each meal 😳)

Great job on those impressive results, and for cutting back on coffee!
One option worth looking into is an over-the-counter supplement product that provides ferrochel at 36mg. Do some reading on that. It could also be a good idea to ask his doctor whether it is okay before you begin.
 
mixie said:

After 3 months of Reta, my latest bloodwork came back and there's plenty of positive news.

Cholesterol shifted from good to excellent. Triglycerides went from 1.1 down to 0.6!

Hba1c excellent, moving from 5% -> 4.9%

Fasting glucose - 4.1

My low ferritin climbed a lot, from 26 to 70! Iron deficiency is no longer an issue for me! I think stopping coffee and sticking to iron supplementation more reliably played a big part.

That said, my AST and ALT came back mildly elevated. ALT moved from 16 → 29. The rest of my liver markers were normal. The night before the blood draw I did 3 hours of intense skating, which can cause AST and ALT to rise temporarily, so I'm watching it. Planning to retest in 3 months to see whether a pattern shows up. My platelets were also slightly toward the lower end.

I also ran my blood test results through an LLM to estimate biological age with the Levine PhenoAge method, and it returned roughly 26! 3 months ago, using my earlier bloods, it put me at about 34 (my chronological age). Clearly this isn't a diagnostic test, but it's still a fun metric to follow over time.

Feel free to share your blood test results from your GLP-1 journey here 🙂 I'd love to see it

Just A Cat said:

NagChamp said:

mixie said:

After 3 months of Reta, my latest bloodwork came back and there's plenty of positive news.

Cholesterol shifted from good to excellent. Triglycerides went from 1.1 down to 0.6!

Hba1c excellent, moving from 5% -> 4.9%

Fasting glucose - 4.1

My low ferritin climbed a lot, from 26 to 70! Iron deficiency is no longer an issue for me! I think stopping coffee and sticking to iron supplementation more reliably played a big part.

That said, my AST and ALT came back mildly elevated. ALT moved from 16 → 29. The rest of my liver markers were normal. The night before the blood draw I did 3 hours of intense skating, which can cause AST and ALT to rise temporarily, so I'm watching it. Planning to retest in 3 months to see whether a pattern shows up. My platelets were also slightly toward the lower end.

I also ran my blood test results through an LLM to estimate biological age with the Levine PhenoAge method, and it returned roughly 26! 3 months ago, using my earlier bloods, it put me at about 34 (my chronological age). Clearly this isn't a diagnostic test, but it's still a fun metric to follow over time.

Feel free to share your blood test results from your GLP-1 journey here 🙂 I'd love to see it

Just learned today that coffee can interfere with how the body takes in iron. That clears up why my husband keeps having trouble with his iron levels (he goes through a huge amount of coffee - even a 'caffè normale' after each meal 😳)

Great job on those impressive results, and for cutting back on coffee!
One option worth looking into is an over-the-counter supplement product that provides ferrochel at 36mg. Do some reading on that. It could also be a good idea to ask his doctor whether it is okay before you begin.
That's incredible. I'm hoping my cholesterol will also drop while using glp's. I began adding TUDCA alongside it for cholesterol support and to ward off gallbladder or liver issues throughout the process. I've used it previously and gotten fantastic results, so I'm hoping that paired with a glp it will work even better.
 
Rdg1970 said:

mixie said:

After 3 months of Reta, my latest bloodwork came back and there's plenty of positive news.

Cholesterol shifted from good to excellent. Triglycerides went from 1.1 down to 0.6!

Hba1c excellent, moving from 5% -> 4.9%

Fasting glucose - 4.1

My low ferritin climbed a lot, from 26 to 70! Iron deficiency is no longer an issue for me! I think stopping coffee and sticking to iron supplementation more reliably played a big part.

That said, my AST and ALT came back mildly elevated. ALT moved from 16 → 29. The rest of my liver markers were normal. The night before the blood draw I did 3 hours of intense skating, which can cause AST and ALT to rise temporarily, so I'm watching it. Planning to retest in 3 months to see whether a pattern shows up. My platelets were also slightly toward the lower end.

I also ran my blood test results through an LLM to estimate biological age with the Levine PhenoAge method, and it returned roughly 26! 3 months ago, using my earlier bloods, it put me at about 34 (my chronological age). Clearly this isn't a diagnostic test, but it's still a fun metric to follow over time.

Feel free to share your blood test results from your GLP-1 journey here 🙂 I'd love to see it
What does LLM stand for?
Large Language Model/Ai
 
Back
Top