Reta dose running 2-3 days behind — is splitting the right move?

NarrowSparrow

Explorer
Joined
Aug 12, 2026
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Location
TX USA
My next Reta shipment is arriving today, and 8mg is scheduled for tomorrow. The problem is that my new hosp bac water — plus the filtering kit I ordered, which I have never used before — won’t show up until Saturday. Should I just use the non-hosp bac water for this vial and take the whole dose tomorrow (Thursday, my usual dose day)?

Or would it be better to hold off until the filter kit gets here on Saturday, which would put me a few days behind on dosing?
 
If you don't have any worries, I'd lean toward sticking with your current supply. Has it been doing the job for you so far?
 
NarrowSparrow said:

My next Reta shipment is arriving today, and 8mg is scheduled for tomorrow. The problem is that my new hosp bac water — plus the filtering kit I ordered, which I have never used before — won’t show up until Saturday. Should I just use the non-hosp bac water for this vial and take the whole dose tomorrow (Thursday, my usual dose day)?

Or would it be better to hold off until the filter kit gets here on Saturday, which would put me a few days behind on dosing?

For my part, it makes no difference either way.

Hosp is the only kind I use, though lots of folks go with any option.

I deliberately went 11 days without a dose so my levels could drop, then came back at 8mg/week. Nothing catastrophic happened, I hit a new low and have held onto it.

Upon restarting, it might be worth thinking about spacing out or tweaking your dose, so that two full doses don't land only 5 days apart.
 
FunkyWhales78 said:

If you don't have any worries, I'd lean toward sticking with your current supply. Has it been doing the job for you so far?
It does work, though I get a raised red patch where I inject that sticks around for roughly 2 weeks. NAD+ gives me the same reaction, so maybe it's the bac water? I haven't run a test with plain bac water alone to check.

There's also this odd skin pain sensation, but I figure it's either from titrating up too fast or simply how my body reacts to Reta. I've stayed at the same dose for 3 weeks now, and it's somewhat improved compared to that first week after increasing, yet it's still quite noticeable. Antihistamines appear to give some relief (Xyzal in the morning and Zyrtec at night).
 
Just reconstitute and go for it. When I was 3 days behind because I was traveling, that's what I did. You can just shift a dose by 1 day either earlier or later. It took me 6 days to get back on my usual schedule. Which BAC are you using?
 
NarrowSparrow said:

FunkyWhales78 said:

If you don't have any worries, I'd lean toward sticking with your current supply. Has it been doing the job for you so far?
It does work, though I get a raised red patch where I inject that sticks around for roughly 2 weeks. NAD+ gives me the same reaction, so maybe it's the bac water? I haven't run a test with plain bac water alone to check.

There's also this odd skin pain sensation, but I figure it's either from titrating up too fast or simply how my body reacts to Reta. I've stayed at the same dose for 3 weeks now, and it's somewhat improved compared to that first week after increasing, yet it's still quite noticeable. Antihistamines appear to give some relief (Xyzal in the morning and Zyrtec at night).
...yet with Hospira you don't experience any redness?...
 
NarrowSparrow said:

FunkyWhales78 said:

If you don't have any worries, I'd lean toward sticking with your current supply. Has it been doing the job for you so far?
It does work, though I get a raised red patch where I inject that sticks around for roughly 2 weeks. NAD+ gives me the same reaction, so maybe it's the bac water? I haven't run a test with plain bac water alone to check.

There's also this odd skin pain sensation, but I figure it's either from titrating up too fast or simply how my body reacts to Reta. I've stayed at the same dose for 3 weeks now, and it's somewhat improved compared to that first week after increasing, yet it's still quite noticeable. Antihistamines appear to give some relief (Xyzal in the morning and Zyrtec at night).
A good way to get a clear answer is to shoot a bit of the bac water by itself and watch for any response. Injection site reactions that stay localised are quite typical with GLP medications—roughly 5% of cases—though I can't say for nad+. In all likelihood the peptide is what's triggering it. If it persists for 2 weeks and you need medication to manage it, switching to tirz may be worth considering, provided you've established the reta is the culprit. Cross reactions with other GLP's do occur, but they're uncommon.
 
BNLFL said:

Just reconstitute and go for it. When I was 3 days behind because I was traveling, that's what I did. You can just shift a dose by 1 day either earlier or later. It took me 6 days to get back on my usual schedule. Which BAC are you using?
I’m still too new here to discuss sources, so I can’t get into that yet. As for the bac water I’ve got on hand, it came from whoever supplied my Reta and NAD+.
 
NarrowSparrow said:

BNLFL said:

Just reconstitute and go for it. When I was 3 days behind because I was traveling, that's what I did. You can just shift a dose by 1 day either earlier or later. It took me 6 days to get back on my usual schedule. Which BAC are you using?
I’m still too new here to discuss sources, so I can’t get into that yet. As for the bac water I’ve got on hand, it came from whoever supplied my Reta and NAD+.
If it's BAC from the vendor, my personal choice would be to throw it out and hold off until the Hospira arrives.
 
NarrowSparrow said:

BNLFL said:

Just reconstitute and go for it. When I was 3 days behind because I was traveling, that's what I did. You can just shift a dose by 1 day either earlier or later. It took me 6 days to get back on my usual schedule. Which BAC are you using?
I’m still too new here to discuss sources, so I can’t get into that yet. As for the bac water I’ve got on hand, it came from whoever supplied my Reta and NAD+.
For my part, I would hold off until the proper BAC arrives.
 
Flash-BCR said:

NarrowSparrow said:

FunkyWhales78 said:

If you don't have any worries, I'd lean toward sticking with your current supply. Has it been doing the job for you so far?
It does work, though I get a raised red patch where I inject that sticks around for roughly 2 weeks. NAD+ gives me the same reaction, so maybe it's the bac water? I haven't run a test with plain bac water alone to check.

There's also this odd skin pain sensation, but I figure it's either from titrating up too fast or simply how my body reacts to Reta. I've stayed at the same dose for 3 weeks now, and it's somewhat improved compared to that first week after increasing, yet it's still quite noticeable. Antihistamines appear to give some relief (Xyzal in the morning and Zyrtec at night).
...yet with Hospira you don't experience any redness?...
I still haven’t given it a try. Saturday is when it should arrive. That said, I’ve come across claims that bac water sold by peptide vendors isn’t safe for use. That made me wonder if it explains the red spot I get post-injection.

lessthanhalf said:

NarrowSparrow said:

FunkyWhales78 said:

If you don't have any worries, I'd lean toward sticking with your current supply. Has it been doing the job for you so far?
It does work, though I get a raised red patch where I inject that sticks around for roughly 2 weeks. NAD+ gives me the same reaction, so maybe it's the bac water? I haven't run a test with plain bac water alone to check.

There's also this odd skin pain sensation, but I figure it's either from titrating up too fast or simply how my body reacts to Reta. I've stayed at the same dose for 3 weeks now, and it's somewhat improved compared to that first week after increasing, yet it's still quite noticeable. Antihistamines appear to give some relief (Xyzal in the morning and Zyrtec at night).
A good way to get a clear answer is to shoot a bit of the bac water by itself and watch for any response. Injection site reactions that stay localised are quite typical with GLP medications—roughly 5% of cases—though I can't say for nad+. In all likelihood the peptide is what's triggering it. If it persists for 2 weeks and you need medication to manage it, switching to tirz may be worth considering, provided you've established the reta is the culprit. Cross reactions with other GLP's do occur, but they're uncommon.
Because my hosp shipment (plus the filter kit) won’t land until Saturday, I decided to test just the supplier’s bac water today. No redness so far.

However, given that NAD+ from the same supplier also left me with an identical red patch at the injection site, my guess is it might be tied to something in the lyophilization process or a preservative? I’m not certain. I’ve never filtered before, so I’m hoping that beginning to filter might also make a difference?

To be clear, though: the allergy meds aren’t something I take for the injection-site redness (though they might be helping with it somewhat??). I take them because Reta gives me full-body skin pain, which has eased the longer I’ve stayed at the 8mg dose. I figure it’s dose-dependent, since I titrated up quickly because I was handling it so well (and having used Semaglutide before, I assumed it would be fine to accelerate toward an adequate Reta dose). Itching isn’t part of it. It’s skin pain — allodynia, I believe, is the official term. I’ve read that people use allergy meds and zinc for this — I think they help a bit. I do notice it’s worse on days I skip them. 🤷‍♀️ Still not sure whether it’s a genuine allergy. No rash. No itching. Only redness where I inject and that strange widespread skin pain.
 
You've got that right — reactions where you inject are a separate matter from the skin sensitivity / allodynia / dysesthesia / skin pain problem. Research on this is shockingly sparse. Since it showed up so frequently in the high dose semaglutide trials and doesn't touch the other receptors, GLP-1 agonism has to be the cause. Yet that leaves completely unexplained why reta triggers it more often than the rest. Dose appears to matter, and that holds for me too — mine flares when tirz or reta go up by even small amounts past 15mg/6mg. Some evidence suggests a portion of people build tolerance to it eventually, though likely not all. The single reassuring finding from my digging: nothing indicates it produces any permanent nerve damage, which is a fair worry given that certain drugs can do exactly that. Still, how quickly it fades when you stop or lower the dose strongly points to a receptor effect rather than nerve injury of some kind.

The localized allergic reaction probably won't improve — typically you either decide it's tolerable and live with it, or you stop or switch. The skin pain, on the other hand, may or may not ease with time. In the end it comes down to whether the side effects are worth enduring for the benefits, or whether you'd rather deal with the hassle of switching to tirz, which could be somewhat less effective.
 
Back
Top