RETA dosage just increased to 12 MG

FilterOrDeath said:

Minkster said:

12mg sounds like it would be the end of me. 🤣 Four months in, I'm still at just 3mg, and food barely appeals to me at all — plus nausea still hits me in unpredictable waves.
I'm only at .5mg so far, and 12mg seems impossible to picture! 😂 Food noise isn't really a problem for me, so I'm hoping it's doing its job—I'll look at the scale in a week.
When I began in October, my situation matched that. Hunger stayed low up until roughly 5, and going any higher than that doesn't bring about such a big shift.
 
Right now I take 4mg each week, dividing it between Monday and Thursday. Over 5 weeks I've dropped 12.5 lbs. When week 7 comes around, my plan is to move up to 6mg/week. Jumping straight to 12mg would make me shed pounds like the guy in Thinner.
 
Gohengrin said:

After 5 months, 12mg barely does anything for me. I'm considering 15mg.
Did your sleeping not get disrupted by that increase in RHR? My sleep fell apart, so I had to reduce the 12mg dose. Every 2 hours I was waking to use the bathroom, plus I had night sweats. I have lowered it and will monitor how my weight responds. Should weight start creeping up, I'll look into whether a small amount of Cagri could help control appetite.
 
Airborne Daddy said:

I take 10mg every 6 days, plus 1mg sema, which is helpful. I began counting my calories because I believed I was eating 1500-1800 daily, but I overlooked a powerade and a slim jim, which tacked on nearly 500 calories, and then 2 dark beers and 2 double shots of bourbon contributed over 700 more.... I couldn't figure out why I dropped 21lbs and then stalled, now it's clear.... 2700 calories.

Hi @Airborne Daddy. Yesterday I was working through this exact math — shooting 10mg every 6 days works out to roughly 11.5-11.7mg weekly.

My reason for running those numbers was to find the simplest path to move my weekly dose up from 10mg to 12mg, while sticking with vials that were multiples of 10 (the 20mg and 30mg ones). Sure, other approaches exist, but going with 10mg every 6 days struck me as the more straightforward option.
 
PAPoots said:

Gohengrin said:

After 5 months, 12mg barely does anything for me. I'm considering 15mg.
Did your sleeping not get disrupted by that increase in RHR? My sleep fell apart, so I had to reduce the 12mg dose. Every 2 hours I was waking to use the bathroom, plus I had night sweats. I have lowered it and will monitor how my weight responds. Should weight start creeping up, I'll look into whether a small amount of Cagri could help control appetite.
Nope. My heart rate stayed the same. I still sleep just as deeply as before.
 
BioDad said:

Airborne Daddy said:

I take 10mg every 6 days, plus 1mg sema, which is helpful. I began counting my calories because I believed I was eating 1500-1800 daily, but I overlooked a powerade and a slim jim, which tacked on nearly 500 calories, and then 2 dark beers and 2 double shots of bourbon contributed over 700 more.... I couldn't figure out why I dropped 21lbs and then stalled, now it's clear.... 2700 calories.

Hi @Airborne Daddy. Yesterday I was working through this exact math — shooting 10mg every 6 days works out to roughly 11.5-11.7mg weekly.

My reason for running those numbers was to find the simplest path to move my weekly dose up from 10mg to 12mg, while sticking with vials that were multiples of 10 (the 20mg and 30mg ones). Sure, other approaches exist, but going with 10mg every 6 days struck me as the more straightforward option.
For 20mg, I simply put in 60 units of bac, so 30 units equals 10mg.... with 60bac to 30mg, 20units gives 10mg.
 
Since I don't have your height, age, weight history, past experience with other GLP's and so on, anything I say is partly guesswork. If we figure you're a reasonably tall average guy, say 1.8m tall, then at your current weight the BMI works out to 39. The 28 pounds, or 13 kilos, you've dropped, combined with how little time that took, probably isn't enough to trigger major metabolic adaptation. Your daily calorie burn will have come down somewhat because of the weight lost, but that alone shouldn't be enough to bring things to a halt.

Generally speaking, once someone's BMI sits in that kind of bracket, eating under 2000kcal/day should still produce at least some weight loss, even for a fairly sedentary person.

Another thing I can't tell is how long your weight has been sitting still. If it's under a month, random fluid shifts could easily explain it rather than a genuine stop in fat loss.

On top of that, you'll need to figure out both your intake and your expenditure to make sense of what's happening. The only way to get a real picture is to weigh absolutely everything you eat across a week or more. People's guesses are wildly off, and it's common for someone to fool themselves about portion sizes, then fool themselves about having fooled themselves.

In the most recent reta trial, average weight loss came out around 29%, so at roughly 9 to 10% you're well short of that. It's possible you're simply on the unlucky end, because for everyone above the average there has to be someone below it. The fact that you've had hardly any side effects hints your response may be weaker than typical.

Because you're on grey market peptides, mis-measuring doses is a real possibility. Even though it sounds silly, I'd urge you to check and re-check your calculations and dilutions two or three times over. Dose errors happen all the time. There's also a chance your reta is heavily underdosed, so unless you've seen testing on your batch, it's probably worth picking up another lot from a well known, popular supplier, ideally one that already has third party testing, or even paying to test your current batch or a fresh one so you actually know what you're injecting.

My advice is to work through all of that before jumping to higher doses or stacking. It does sound like you're in the higher risk weight category, where stronger dosing or extra compounds may justify the risks, but without sex, height, age and any other conditions, there's no way to even begin weighing it. Nothing has been scientifically proven both effective and safe beyond 12mg of reta, and even that isn't officially approved yet. A medical checkup with bloodwork would be sensible. In a perfect world you'd get proper medical guidance first, though that isn't always available.

Once those other issues are ruled out, one option is a bit more reta, which isn't unreasonable given how few side effects you've had. Another is adding cagrilintide at a low dose and titrating up slowly, starting from 0.25mg. Or you could add low dose semaglutide for extra GLP-1 agonism and more appetite suppression.
 
lessthanhalf said:

Since I don't have your height, age, weight history, past experience with other GLP's and so on, anything I say is partly guesswork. If we figure you're a reasonably tall average guy, say 1.8m tall, then at your current weight the BMI works out to 39. The 28 pounds, or 13 kilos, you've dropped, combined with how little time that took, probably isn't enough to trigger major metabolic adaptation. Your daily calorie burn will have come down somewhat because of the weight lost, but that alone shouldn't be enough to bring things to a halt.

Generally speaking, once someone's BMI sits in that kind of bracket, eating under 2000kcal/day should still produce at least some weight loss, even for a fairly sedentary person.

Another thing I can't tell is how long your weight has been sitting still. If it's under a month, random fluid shifts could easily explain it rather than a genuine stop in fat loss.

On top of that, you'll need to figure out both your intake and your expenditure to make sense of what's happening. The only way to get a real picture is to weigh absolutely everything you eat across a week or more. People's guesses are wildly off, and it's common for someone to fool themselves about portion sizes, then fool themselves about having fooled themselves.

In the most recent reta trial, average weight loss came out around 29%, so at roughly 9 to 10% you're well short of that. It's possible you're simply on the unlucky end, because for everyone above the average there has to be someone below it. The fact that you've had hardly any side effects hints your response may be weaker than typical.

Because you're on grey market peptides, mis-measuring doses is a real possibility. Even though it sounds silly, I'd urge you to check and re-check your calculations and dilutions two or three times over. Dose errors happen all the time. There's also a chance your reta is heavily underdosed, so unless you've seen testing on your batch, it's probably worth picking up another lot from a well known, popular supplier, ideally one that already has third party testing, or even paying to test your current batch or a fresh one so you actually know what you're injecting.

My advice is to work through all of that before jumping to higher doses or stacking. It does sound like you're in the higher risk weight category, where stronger dosing or extra compounds may justify the risks, but without sex, height, age and any other conditions, there's no way to even begin weighing it. Nothing has been scientifically proven both effective and safe beyond 12mg of reta, and even that isn't officially approved yet. A medical checkup with bloodwork would be sensible. In a perfect world you'd get proper medical guidance first, though that isn't always available.

Once those other issues are ruled out, one option is a bit more reta, which isn't unreasonable given how few side effects you've had. Another is adding cagrilintide at a low dose and titrating up slowly, starting from 0.25mg. Or you could add low dose semaglutide for extra GLP-1 agonism and more appetite suppression.

That tracks somewhat

Age 50, height 6’2, began at 308 and currently sits near 280.

Switching Reta suppliers lined up with my Christmas cheat week and the beginning of ipamolien.

Pre Christmas I was on 5-6 mg, and since then I’ve moved up to 12mg, now in week two at that level, trying to push the weight trend back downward.

Right before Christmas I reached 277

During the Christmas cheat week I put on 9, then it stayed flat for a month. Now I’m back at 280, but the downward slope is nothing like it was before Christmas, even after doubling the stated dose.

Really do appreciate the feedback … it’s just a strange stall on tested product .. body composition feels improved but the scale has genuinely stopped moving.
 
Ipamorelin is likely the culprit. When you work out, it promotes gains in muscle tissue, and it also leads to water retention. On the scale, those 2 factors together can mask whatever fat loss is happening.
 
Back
Top