RETA dosage just increased to 12 MG

Main75

Explorer
Joined
Nov 8, 2025
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Location
Ashland , Oregon
Began Reta on OCT 4 at .5, titrating roughly .5 every 1-2 weeks, and have now reached 12mg — and no, I don't see it as a competition to get to the highest dose.

At first: rapid weight reduction, minimal food noise, with side effects including frequent urination at times and some hard stools. Starting weight 308, dropped to 280 by christmas... However, around christmas I ate poorly for about a week, gained 8 pounds, and 6 weeks later I've only just returned to 280... loss clearly stalled while going from 6mg at christmas up to 12mg this week; lost about 6-7 since the "scale" progress plateaued. Diet has been decent, with about 1 day a week where I "cheat a little," and no real side effects other than 2 beers/wine not sitting well. Body composition looks a bit better since the "scale" flatline. Food noise is lessened but not absent like early on, even with the higher dose. So the background: started 308.. goal 250, currently 280 at 4.5 months.

I've gone through the trials — anyone else had a similar run?



What are the pros and cons of raising the dose past 12MG?
 
5 months in and I'm on 10 mg. Around the tail end of the week, before pin day, I've been picking up on some food noise. That hadn't happened at all from the beginning, so my guess is my body has gotten better at handling the dosage. Should it get worse, a low dose of Cagri might be something I'd add to see if it helps. Also, I'm down 55 lbs, and these last 15 lbs appear to be the toughest.

Another 7 Phase III trials are in the works. They'll cover a range of doses, some of them above 12 mg, though where things currently stand with them I don't know.
 
I take 10mg every 6 days, plus 1mg sema, which is helpful. I began counting my calories because I believed I was eating 1500-1800 daily, but I overlooked a powerade and a slim jim, which tacked on nearly 500 calories, and then 2 dark beers and 2 double shots of bourbon contributed over 700 more.... I couldn't figure out why I dropped 21lbs and then stalled, now it's clear.... 2700 calories.
 
Airborne Daddy said:

I take 10mg every 6 days, plus 1mg sema, which is helpful. I began counting my calories because I believed I was eating 1500-1800 daily, but I overlooked a powerade and a slim jim, which tacked on nearly 500 calories, and then 2 dark beers and 2 double shots of bourbon contributed over 700 more.... I couldn't figure out why I dropped 21lbs and then stalled, now it's clear.... 2700 calories.
Right now I could really go for a Powerade, a slim Jim, 2 dark beers, and 2 double shots of bourbon.
 
12mg sounds like it would be the end of me. 🤣 Four months in, I'm still at just 3mg, and food barely appeals to me at all — plus nausea still hits me in unpredictable waves.
 
Airborne Daddy said:

I take 10mg every 6 days, plus 1mg sema, which is helpful. I began counting my calories because I believed I was eating 1500-1800 daily, but I overlooked a powerade and a slim jim, which tacked on nearly 500 calories, and then 2 dark beers and 2 double shots of bourbon contributed over 700 more.... I couldn't figure out why I dropped 21lbs and then stalled, now it's clear.... 2700 calories.
On Reta, a mixed drink appears to go down much more easily than beer or wine
 
Minkster said:

12mg sounds like it would be the end of me. 🤣 Four months in, I'm still at just 3mg, and food barely appeals to me at all — plus nausea still hits me in unpredictable waves.
That's a shame — nausea never hit me, apart from times it was genuinely deserved, when I acted like Reta wasn't in my system and went all in on a blowout evening, or should I say evenings (lol).
 
randompersonrandom said:

Airborne Daddy said:

I take 10mg every 6 days, plus 1mg sema, which is helpful. I began counting my calories because I believed I was eating 1500-1800 daily, but I overlooked a powerade and a slim jim, which tacked on nearly 500 calories, and then 2 dark beers and 2 double shots of bourbon contributed over 700 more.... I couldn't figure out why I dropped 21lbs and then stalled, now it's clear.... 2700 calories.
Right now I could really go for a Powerade, a slim Jim, 2 dark beers, and 2 double shots of bourbon.
Hang tight... give me 3 days. I'm on the East coast.
 
Main75 said:

Minkster said:

12mg sounds like it would be the end of me. 🤣 Four months in, I'm still at just 3mg, and food barely appeals to me at all — plus nausea still hits me in unpredictable waves.
That's a shame — nausea never hit me, apart from times it was genuinely deserved, when I acted like Reta wasn't in my system and went all in on a blowout evening, or should I say evenings (lol).
There are people for whom small doses do absolutely nothing. My own pattern has been to begin mid-range and then move upward fast. At the dentist, a single dose typically is not enough—they have to give me twice as much, otherwise I am squirming from pain, and pain meds have never done much for me.... I began sema at 1mg, tirz at 8mg, and reta at 5mg. I am not what you would call a strong responder.
 
randompersonrandom said:

Airborne Daddy said:

I take 10mg every 6 days, plus 1mg sema, which is helpful. I began counting my calories because I believed I was eating 1500-1800 daily, but I overlooked a powerade and a slim jim, which tacked on nearly 500 calories, and then 2 dark beers and 2 double shots of bourbon contributed over 700 more.... I couldn't figure out why I dropped 21lbs and then stalled, now it's clear.... 2700 calories.
Right now I could really go for a Powerade, a slim Jim, 2 dark beers, and 2 double shots of bourbon.
I'll pack the acoustic, you keep the steel drum going....
 
Airborne Daddy said:

Main75 said:

Minkster said:

12mg sounds like it would be the end of me. 🤣 Four months in, I'm still at just 3mg, and food barely appeals to me at all — plus nausea still hits me in unpredictable waves.
That's a shame — nausea never hit me, apart from times it was genuinely deserved, when I acted like Reta wasn't in my system and went all in on a blowout evening, or should I say evenings (lol).
There are people for whom small doses do absolutely nothing. My own pattern has been to begin mid-range and then move upward fast. At the dentist, a single dose typically is not enough—they have to give me twice as much, otherwise I am squirming from pain, and pain meds have never done much for me.... I began sema at 1mg, tirz at 8mg, and reta at 5mg. I am not what you would call a strong responder.
the beginning was fast, yet it clearly hasn’t kept going. i just placed an order for a fresh batch from ERP to check whether the batch was the issue....since that lined up with when my first Prime Peptide order ran out and i switched to JEEP for the current one.... perhaps they left the ginger tears out of that last batch
 
Main75 said:

Airborne Daddy said:

Main75 said:

Minkster said:

12mg sounds like it would be the end of me. 🤣 Four months in, I'm still at just 3mg, and food barely appeals to me at all — plus nausea still hits me in unpredictable waves.
That's a shame — nausea never hit me, apart from times it was genuinely deserved, when I acted like Reta wasn't in my system and went all in on a blowout evening, or should I say evenings (lol).
There are people for whom small doses do absolutely nothing. My own pattern has been to begin mid-range and then move upward fast. At the dentist, a single dose typically is not enough—they have to give me twice as much, otherwise I am squirming from pain, and pain meds have never done much for me.... I began sema at 1mg, tirz at 8mg, and reta at 5mg. I am not what you would call a strong responder.
the beginning was fast, yet it clearly hasn’t kept going. i just placed an order for a fresh batch from ERP to check whether the batch was the issue....since that lined up with when my first Prime Peptide order ran out and i switched to JEEP for the current one.... perhaps they left the ginger tears out of that last batch
Jeep ought to be reliable — group testing across many products came back excellent.
 
Main75 said:

Airborne Daddy said:

I take 10mg every 6 days, plus 1mg sema, which is helpful. I began counting my calories because I believed I was eating 1500-1800 daily, but I overlooked a powerade and a slim jim, which tacked on nearly 500 calories, and then 2 dark beers and 2 double shots of bourbon contributed over 700 more.... I couldn't figure out why I dropped 21lbs and then stalled, now it's clear.... 2700 calories.
On Reta, a mixed drink appears to go down much more easily than beer or wine
The following day is rough with wine. It gives the most severe hangover, yet it also clears up the quickest.
 
After I began taking Reta, I stopped drinking heavy beers like 8% IPAs and switched to Gin with soda. It has much less calories, lets me control how much I drink depending on what's happening, and I'm having fun exploring all the different Gin flavors.
 
Whoa. This is the first I've heard of anyone moving up that quickly or that far. I suppose I'm fortunate that after 10 months I'm still at 2.5mg (reta). Down 16-17kg.
 
Sid the SeaGull said:

After I began taking Reta, I stopped drinking heavy beers like 8% IPAs and switched to Gin with soda. It has much less calories, lets me control how much I drink depending on what's happening, and I'm having fun exploring all the different Gin flavors.
I did notice that having a gin drink didn't cause any negative effects.
 
Airborne Daddy said:

randompersonrandom said:

Airborne Daddy said:

I take 10mg every 6 days, plus 1mg sema, which is helpful. I began counting my calories because I believed I was eating 1500-1800 daily, but I overlooked a powerade and a slim jim, which tacked on nearly 500 calories, and then 2 dark beers and 2 double shots of bourbon contributed over 700 more.... I couldn't figure out why I dropped 21lbs and then stalled, now it's clear.... 2700 calories.
Right now I could really go for a Powerade, a slim Jim, 2 dark beers, and 2 double shots of bourbon.
I'll pack the acoustic, you keep the steel drum going....
I'm nearly at the level where I can play alongside another person. Another month or so, I figure, and jamming will be possible. For my most recent mini-recital I performed Cyndi Lauper's "True Colors," and right now I'm practicing a Regina Spektor tune that's due next week.
 
Minkster said:

12mg sounds like it would be the end of me. 🤣 Four months in, I'm still at just 3mg, and food barely appeals to me at all — plus nausea still hits me in unpredictable waves.
I'm only at .5mg so far, and 12mg seems impossible to picture! 😂 Food noise isn't really a problem for me, so I'm hoping it's doing its job—I'll look at the scale in a week.
 
Back
Top