Reta daily?

Slaine

Explorer
Joined
Aug 23, 2026
Messages
81
Reaction score
0
Location
Greece
I've been wondering whether taking small doses each day would pay off more over time — the idea being that it accumulates gradually and keeps appetite more level, and so on. Anyone have opinions on this? Has anybody actually given it a go? So far I've been doing it once or twice per week.
 
Like other people have mentioned, I don't personally see daily dosing bringing huge advantages - going with 2 or 3x a week strikes me as the more logical route if you want fewer sides, though beyond that I'd guess the returns start shrinking. That's just my opinion, and I'm sure plenty of others would argue otherwise. At the end of the day, it comes down to whatever suits you. If you fancy trying it, go for it - it probably won't cause any problems either!
 
Using it every day could exhaust your GLP-1 receptors. Keep in mind that these peptides have half-lives. A single weekly dose at the right amount will work well for you.
 
For a big chunk of people, I can't find any upside here, though it won't affect your receptors.

Least payoff, most inconvenience.
 
For a maintenance schedule, once a day is more than necessary. There is a role for it while you're hunting for an effective blood level during the start or when titrating up, but that applies only to the step-up phase. I've used it that way before, and it does work.
 
woundcarping said:

For a big chunk of people, I can't find any upside here, though it won't affect your receptors.

Least payoff, most inconvenience.
All it will do is give you extra puncture sites. Where on earth did this notion originate?
 
Slaine said:


I was thinking if doing small doses every day would be better on the long run, meaning it will build up slowly, appetite steady etc. Any thoughts? Has anyone tried it? Till now I have done once or twice per week.

Click to expand...
I dose reta and tirz every other day. The main reason is that I started out on ozempic at low doses, and to cut down on really unpleasant side effects I had to take very small doses often, so when I switched I simply kept doing it that way. There is another factor too: I am already at the highest doses I can tolerate, roughly tirz 4mg and reta 2.4mg every second day. Even a tiny bump in either one makes the sensory symptoms in my skin much worse, so raising the dose and spacing it out further probably is not something I could manage. On top of that, I am working at holding onto a 56% weight loss.



That said, weekly dosing is simple to keep track of, and since these drugs have a half life of about a week, there ought to be a rationale for injecting more often. Typically it comes down to one of 2 things: either the effects appear to fade in under a week and upping the dose does not solve that, or side effects are worse in the day or 2 following a dose, which splitting the dose can ease because every peak in blood level ends up smaller ( or the dose can simply be lowered ). So unless side effects that vary depending on how long ago the last dose was are causing trouble, or hunger control swings too much, dosing more frequently is not really necessary.
 
Back
Top