Reta Clears Another Trial

ftv10hb

Explorer
Joined
Jan 9, 2026
Messages
100
Reaction score
0
Location
CA
1f7e39fdb5fa940e87f0c8ba895c4b15109ce986e7dd454869b8c98caa975204.jpg




Eli Lilly’s next-generation obesity drug retatrutide clears first late-stage diabetes trial



After Zepbound, its weight loss injection, and orforglipron, its upcoming pill, Lilly is placing a large bet on retatrutide as the next pillar of its obesity portfolio.

Image unavailable


www.cnbc.com

Does anyone happen to know what the similar drug Novo acquired, which gets a mention at the end, is called? I followed the link to last year’s press release and all it said was UBT251, so I’m wondering whether it has picked up a common name since then or is still TBD
 
ftv10hb said:

View attachment 10647



Eli Lilly’s next-generation obesity drug retatrutide clears first late-stage diabetes trial



After Zepbound, its weight loss injection, and orforglipron, its upcoming pill, Lilly is placing a large bet on retatrutide as the next pillar of its obesity portfolio.

Image unavailable


www.cnbc.com

Does anyone happen to know what the similar drug Novo acquired, which gets a mention at the end, is called? I followed the link to last year’s press release and all it said was UBT251, so I’m wondering whether it has picked up a common name since then or is still TBD
Appreciate the link! As far as I know, that Novo treatment is still going by one of those numbered designations at this point.
 

Attachments

  • 1f7e39fdb5fa940e87f0c8ba895c4b15109ce986e7dd454869b8c98caa975204.jpg
    1f7e39fdb5fa940e87f0c8ba895c4b15109ce986e7dd454869b8c98caa975204.jpg
    391.3 KB · Views: 4
Has anybody heard whether UBT251 is being produced by any of our contacts in China at this point? From what I recall reading, synthesizing it is more difficult than tirz and reta, so broad availability could take some time.
 
The data is certainly notable, though I suspect the excitement is running ahead of what we can actually claim. Retatrutide does appear potent, but comparisons are being drawn between separate studies, different patient groups, and varying dose regimens. So the “17% weight loss” figure being repeated is far messier in context than it first appears.

Yes, discontinuation numbers might be modest, but real-world tolerability remains an open question—particularly for an agent that engages three pathways simultaneously. Also, Lilly has yet to submit for approval, which suggests to me that the complete dataset is not as tidy as the announcement’s framing implies.

Without direct comparative trials—or, at minimum, clearer safety reporting—I don’t see this as the breakthrough being advertised. Triple-agonist development is worth watching, no doubt, but plenty of unresolved issues remain.
 
AcadiaPeptides said:

The data is certainly notable, though I suspect the excitement is running ahead of what we can actually claim. Retatrutide does appear potent, but comparisons are being drawn between separate studies, different patient groups, and varying dose regimens. So the “17% weight loss” figure being repeated is far messier in context than it first appears.

Yes, discontinuation numbers might be modest, but real-world tolerability remains an open question—particularly for an agent that engages three pathways simultaneously. Also, Lilly has yet to submit for approval, which suggests to me that the complete dataset is not as tidy as the announcement’s framing implies.

Without direct comparative trials—or, at minimum, clearer safety reporting—I don’t see this as the breakthrough being advertised. Triple-agonist development is worth watching, no doubt, but plenty of unresolved issues remain.
Yep, tirz is what I'm on as well
 
Back
Top