Reta cancer data drops

Pin&Play said:

I think the folks who say these results are merely a byproduct of weight loss are oversimplifying things. I've come across reports of comparable outcomes beyond what you'd normally anticipate from weight loss alone more than once.

I also recall a Dr Attia podcast where he said it's actually unclear whether obesity itself is what causes cancer, and his view is that it isn't. Instead, something like insulin resistance might be the real driver.
Like I mentioned earlier, carrying excess weight poses health dangers on multiple fronts — one of them being that a greater level of body fat correlates with a higher likelihood of developing several types of cancer.
 
CNCCurrency said:

Pin&Play said:

I think the folks who say these results are merely a byproduct of weight loss are oversimplifying things. I've come across reports of comparable outcomes beyond what you'd normally anticipate from weight loss alone more than once.

I also recall a Dr Attia podcast where he said it's actually unclear whether obesity itself is what causes cancer, and his view is that it isn't. Instead, something like insulin resistance might be the real driver.
Like I mentioned earlier, carrying excess weight poses health dangers on multiple fronts — one of them being that a greater level of body fat correlates with a higher likelihood of developing several types of cancer.

BMI is the sole measure used to define obesity, and that figure is frankly ridiculous.

It's true that more body fat correlates with higher cancer risk, yet that doesn't prove extra adipose tissue is what triggers cancer. Correlation =/= causality, as usual.

What's the real driver — the fat itself, what someone eats, blood sugar, insulin resistance, inflammation, or something else entirely that we haven't identified?

That said, leaning out will nearly always offer some degree of protection.

Still, plenty of folks have a normal BMI alongside metabolic problems, and they'd want to know the answer too.
 
TooGood76 said:


Ok I'm posting the twitter link bc the wsj article is pay walled and it summarizes it.

Eli Lilly released retatrutide Phase 3 data yesterday. 28% weight loss in 80 weeks. The most powerful obesity drug that’s ever been tested.

And today the cancer signal drops.

12,112 patients. Seven tumor types. GLP-1 users had half the lung cancer metastasis rate (10% vs 22%).… https://t.co/wqMGXWckw0

— Avi Roy (@agingroy) May 22, 2026

View: https://⚠scam Site⚠️/agingroy/status/2057717218608099484?s=46&t=zVDa3_JfTajSPzmg_nqxMg

12,112 patients. Seven tumor types. GLP-1 users had half the lung cancer metastasis rate (10% vs 22%). Breast cancer: 43% cut. Colon cancer five-year mortality in a separate study: 15.5% vs 37.1%.

these effects are clearly beyond just weight loss, GLP agonists are showing more and more effects it's exciting stuff.

Click to expand...
There's no proof of causation here, and it might just be corporate spin — still, if it pans out, that would be fantastic news, so I'm hoping it's real!
 
Chocolate Boy Wonder said:

TooGood76 said:


Ok I'm posting the twitter link bc the wsj article is pay walled and it summarizes it.

Eli Lilly released retatrutide Phase 3 data yesterday. 28% weight loss in 80 weeks. The most powerful obesity drug that’s ever been tested.

And today the cancer signal drops.

12,112 patients. Seven tumor types. GLP-1 users had half the lung cancer metastasis rate (10% vs 22%).… https://t.co/wqMGXWckw0

— Avi Roy (@agingroy) May 22, 2026

View: https://⚠scam Site⚠️/agingroy/status/2057717218608099484?s=46&t=zVDa3_JfTajSPzmg_nqxMg

12,112 patients. Seven tumor types. GLP-1 users had half the lung cancer metastasis rate (10% vs 22%). Breast cancer: 43% cut. Colon cancer five-year mortality in a separate study: 15.5% vs 37.1%.

these effects are clearly beyond just weight loss, GLP agonists are showing more and more effects it's exciting stuff.

Click to expand...
There's no proof of causation here, and it might just be corporate spin — still, if it pans out, that would be fantastic news, so I'm hoping it's real!
What we have here are post hoc findings, obviously. They can't establish a definite causal relationship—it's way too soon for anything like that.
 
indolent said:

Ideally, research along these lines will one day pin down the actual driver behind the whole cluster of issues — the metabolic syndrome components already recognized, joint pain, mental health imbalance, cancer — all of which GLP-1 endruns ease. Still, my view is that a shortage of natural GLP-1 availability is plainly not the root cause.
It would be great to compare fasting insulin levels across the groups. Today's mainstream healthcare gives far too little attention to metabolic dysfunction.
 
Pin&Play said:

I think the folks who say these results are merely a byproduct of weight loss are oversimplifying things. I've come across reports of comparable outcomes beyond what you'd normally anticipate from weight loss alone more than once.

I also recall a Dr Attia podcast where he said it's actually unclear whether obesity itself is what causes cancer, and his view is that it isn't. Instead, something like insulin resistance might be the real driver.
Ben Bikman (The Metabolic Classroom) is someone I really enjoy hearing from. Fat cells are a personal focus of his, and his academic background is in cell biology. At BYU he teaches and leads research. Hyperinsulinemia—meaning elevated blood insulin—is a topic he stresses repeatedly. Among the body's main anabolic hormones is insulin, which drives cellular growth, and that includes numerous kinds of cancer cells.
 
QueenMuntha said:

I really wish my body could handle Reta. The problem is it triggers pain in my gall bladder that radiates into my back and shoulder. So it looks like I will be sticking with Tirz for the long haul.
Should that sensation come back, getting a professional medical evaluation would be a genuinely wise move. When pancreatitis is the cause, things can deteriorate fast — necrotic tissue and worse are real possibilities.

I don't mean to sound like I'm fearmongering. It's entirely possible this was nothing more than a typical gallbladder attack. But if it wasn't...
 
Spork said:


If you get that feeling again, you should really consider getting it checked out by a medical professional. If it's pancreatitis. that shit can go south real quick, tissue can go necrotic etc.

Not trying to be alarmist, it could have just been a run-of-the-mill gallbladder attack, to be sure, but if it's not...

Click to expand...
I'll take that advice. If I go back on Reta, I can set it off again. LOL.

Once I quit the 8mg weekly Reta, the pain I'd been feeling in my back cleared up within 10 days.
 
TooGood76 said:


Ok I'm posting the twitter link bc the wsj article is pay walled and it summarizes it.

Eli Lilly released retatrutide Phase 3 data yesterday. 28% weight loss in 80 weeks. The most powerful obesity drug that’s ever been tested.

And today the cancer signal drops.

12,112 patients. Seven tumor types. GLP-1 users had half the lung cancer metastasis rate (10% vs 22%).… https://t.co/wqMGXWckw0

— Avi Roy (@agingroy) May 22, 2026

View: https://⚠scam Site⚠️/agingroy/status/2057717218608099484?s=46&t=zVDa3_JfTajSPzmg_nqxMg

12,112 patients. Seven tumor types. GLP-1 users had half the lung cancer metastasis rate (10% vs 22%). Breast cancer: 43% cut. Colon cancer five-year mortality in a separate study: 15.5% vs 37.1%.

these effects are clearly beyond just weight loss, GLP agonists are showing more and more effects it's exciting stuff.

Click to expand...
This GLP cancer paper has no connection to Reta. Only GLP-agonists that are already on the market are covered by this study. Calling it "Reta cancer data" is wrong, because no such data exists for a drug that remains in weight loss trials (Will Reta behave the same way? Likely yes, but data is not available yet).
 
I'm in the oncology field, and our team analyzed data from more than 400k cancer patients (among those using GLP-1, 74% received a GLP-1 prescription following their cancer diagnosis).

The associations look quite favorable. At 24 months, overall survival (OS) for Breast and Prostate came in at 97.9% with GLP versus 92.6% without GLP.
 
Back
Top