Reta breakdown

AlexSilver

Explorer
Joined
Jan 20, 2026
Messages
182
Reaction score
0
Location
Rocky Mountains
An AI mentioned to me today that benzyl alcohol sensitivity could cause GLP-1 analogs to degrade.

Is anyone aware of studies that look into this?
 
AlexSilver said:

An AI mentioned to me today that benzyl alcohol sensitivity could cause GLP-1 analogs to degrade.

Is anyone aware of studies that look into this?
From what I gather, an excess of benzyl alcohol is what causes the breakdown. Over in Europe, they just use saline
 
Every study I've come across indicates that refrigerated Reta holds up fairly well, with degradation of only 3-5% across 45 days. In contrast, once reconstituted and frozen, Reta loses about 14% on average over the same 45-day period. I've personally gone past 45 days with Reta without concern, and my initial R50 vial remained effective through 10 weeks of use.

On top of that, when it comes to peptides or anything I ingest, I don't place full trust in any AI. It could have stumbled on a post making an incorrect claim and simply repeated it as truth. I do use Gemini, but I cross-check it with Perplexity and then read all the citations in full.
 
Chili777 said:

Every study I've come across indicates that refrigerated Reta holds up fairly well, with degradation of only 3-5% across 45 days. In contrast, once reconstituted and frozen, Reta loses about 14% on average over the same 45-day period. I've personally gone past 45 days with Reta without concern, and my initial R50 vial remained effective through 10 weeks of use.

On top of that, when it comes to peptides or anything I ingest, I don't place full trust in any AI. It could have stumbled on a post making an incorrect claim and simply repeated it as truth. I do use Gemini, but I cross-check it with Perplexity and then read all the citations in full.

9961d03cc7c1fb0217233b8c23beb2297541d1cdee69236108031cb27c9b6968.gif
 
Back
Top