Reta before/after: March 24th - July 6th

octopusthorpe

Explorer
Joined
Apr 7, 2026
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Location
Washington
876485e76e38642e274edf5559e1d2db11f58c627c43b29469f1dd0a4d880e1d.webp


4965327138064270c6b7b8fda909c1e189085a37bf829e5cadd7f4f9751cdcc3.webp


March 2026 is when I began reta, hoping to drop the perimenopausal "puff" that had been accumulating steadily since 2024.

For 10 years I've trained as a powerlifter and long distance hiker, and it was frustrating that my standard diet and training routine had stopped delivering the results they once did.

In 2025 I added HRT (estradiol patch) and TRT (low-dose test C) to ease other peri symptoms, yet fat loss remained stubborn.

Almost 4 months on low-dose reta (1mg/week, split into two 0.5mg doses) has left me absolutely stunned by both how well it works and how fast the results came.

The only downside has been the effect on endurance exercise - my hiking performance clearly dropped, though thankfully I can still train in the gym exactly as before, so there's been no muscle mass loss, which matters a lot.

My RHR has stayed fine, just a small rise from the upper 40's to the lower 50s. Sleep was difficult initially, but that has since resolved. HRV is also back up to where it should be.

Soon I plan to test MOTS-C to see whether it gives me what I need to start logging serious miles again. If anyone has any n=1's with MOTS-C, I'd love to hear your experiences.

Stats:

50 years old

5'10.5"

Starting weight: 162.8

CW: 131.6

BF%: 14.5%
 

Attachments

  • 1daaab2e4b2a04d3612684ec629e2abe52ae25eb21da19c6316403df8ac5be4f.webp
    1daaab2e4b2a04d3612684ec629e2abe52ae25eb21da19c6316403df8ac5be4f.webp
    8 KB · Views: 4
  • 9647748186e36328f76cf6424b1c2da59644bcee684e012d44fae88fcc14deef.webp
    9647748186e36328f76cf6424b1c2da59644bcee684e012d44fae88fcc14deef.webp
    3.8 KB · Views: 3
Not sure whether the effects are identical across men and women. My stack includes creatine, HMB, and TMG. I feel these support me in general, but especially with stamina during workouts and over the course of the day.
 
WOW! Impressed first of all at how active you are in general, and at your results too. Looks like a new belt was needed! Great work, and thanks as well for the inspo for the rest of us in the peri-sphere. 🙂
 
octopusthorpe said:

View attachment 10916

View attachment 10917

March 2026 is when I began reta, hoping to drop the perimenopausal "puff" that had been accumulating steadily since 2024.

For 10 years I've trained as a powerlifter and long distance hiker, and it was frustrating that my standard diet and training routine had stopped delivering the results they once did.

In 2025 I added HRT (estradiol patch) and TRT (low-dose test C) to ease other peri symptoms, yet fat loss remained stubborn.

Almost 4 months on low-dose reta (1mg/week, split into two 0.5mg doses) has left me absolutely stunned by both how well it works and how fast the results came.

The only downside has been the effect on endurance exercise - my hiking performance clearly dropped, though thankfully I can still train in the gym exactly as before, so there's been no muscle mass loss, which matters a lot.

My RHR has stayed fine, just a small rise from the upper 40's to the lower 50s. Sleep was difficult initially, but that has since resolved. HRV is also back up to where it should be.

Soon I plan to test MOTS-C to see whether it gives me what I need to start logging serious miles again. If anyone has any n=1's with MOTS-C, I'd love to hear your experiences.

Stats:

50 years old

5'10.5"

Starting weight: 162.8

CW: 131.6

BF%: 14.5%
Nice job, really motivating!!
 
desinr-gal said:

octopusthorpe said:

View attachment 10916

View attachment 10917

March 2026 is when I began reta, hoping to drop the perimenopausal "puff" that had been accumulating steadily since 2024.

For 10 years I've trained as a powerlifter and long distance hiker, and it was frustrating that my standard diet and training routine had stopped delivering the results they once did.

In 2025 I added HRT (estradiol patch) and TRT (low-dose test C) to ease other peri symptoms, yet fat loss remained stubborn.

Almost 4 months on low-dose reta (1mg/week, split into two 0.5mg doses) has left me absolutely stunned by both how well it works and how fast the results came.

The only downside has been the effect on endurance exercise - my hiking performance clearly dropped, though thankfully I can still train in the gym exactly as before, so there's been no muscle mass loss, which matters a lot.

My RHR has stayed fine, just a small rise from the upper 40's to the lower 50s. Sleep was difficult initially, but that has since resolved. HRV is also back up to where it should be.

Soon I plan to test MOTS-C to see whether it gives me what I need to start logging serious miles again. If anyone has any n=1's with MOTS-C, I'd love to hear your experiences.

Stats:

50 years old

5'10.5"

Starting weight: 162.8

CW: 131.6

BF%: 14.5%
Nice job, really motivating!!
Thanks!
 
octopusthorpe said:

View attachment 10916

View attachment 10917

March 2026 is when I began reta, hoping to drop the perimenopausal "puff" that had been accumulating steadily since 2024.

For 10 years I've trained as a powerlifter and long distance hiker, and it was frustrating that my standard diet and training routine had stopped delivering the results they once did.

In 2025 I added HRT (estradiol patch) and TRT (low-dose test C) to ease other peri symptoms, yet fat loss remained stubborn.

Almost 4 months on low-dose reta (1mg/week, split into two 0.5mg doses) has left me absolutely stunned by both how well it works and how fast the results came.

The only downside has been the effect on endurance exercise - my hiking performance clearly dropped, though thankfully I can still train in the gym exactly as before, so there's been no muscle mass loss, which matters a lot.

My RHR has stayed fine, just a small rise from the upper 40's to the lower 50s. Sleep was difficult initially, but that has since resolved. HRV is also back up to where it should be.

Soon I plan to test MOTS-C to see whether it gives me what I need to start logging serious miles again. If anyone has any n=1's with MOTS-C, I'd love to hear your experiences.

Stats:

50 years old

5'10.5"

Starting weight: 162.8

CW: 131.6

BF%: 14.5%
Seeing posts like this is pushing my post-menopausal self to hit the gym and start lifting! Nice job, sis!
 
NAD+ has done a lot for me when it comes to squeezing out extra reps — it works kind of like creatine does. I picked up MOTS-c not long ago, and so far I get nothing out of it. That said, if NAD+ can keep the weights from wearing me down, my guess is it would do the same for the tiredness that comes with running.
 
Nice work on the transformation. Seeing everyone's photos keeps me going, so I appreciate when people share them. One of those shots tripped up my dumb sense of humor — it looked, to me, like your bits were hanging out. I'm sorry about that, my brain just works that way. Hopefully it gave you a chuckle, or else you hit the block button. Either way, thanks for the laugh. Keep pushing!
 
oldjarhead said:

Nice work on the transformation. Seeing everyone's photos keeps me going, so I appreciate when people share them. One of those shots tripped up my dumb sense of humor — it looked, to me, like your bits were hanging out. I'm sorry about that, my brain just works that way. Hopefully it gave you a chuckle, or else you hit the block button. Either way, thanks for the laugh. Keep pushing!
Haha, I see it now — that's just a sanitizer spray bottle up on the windowsill 😆

Thanks so much!
 
octopusthorpe said:

View attachment 10916

View attachment 10917

March 2026 is when I began reta, hoping to drop the perimenopausal "puff" that had been accumulating steadily since 2024.

For 10 years I've trained as a powerlifter and long distance hiker, and it was frustrating that my standard diet and training routine had stopped delivering the results they once did.

In 2025 I added HRT (estradiol patch) and TRT (low-dose test C) to ease other peri symptoms, yet fat loss remained stubborn.

Almost 4 months on low-dose reta (1mg/week, split into two 0.5mg doses) has left me absolutely stunned by both how well it works and how fast the results came.

The only downside has been the effect on endurance exercise - my hiking performance clearly dropped, though thankfully I can still train in the gym exactly as before, so there's been no muscle mass loss, which matters a lot.

My RHR has stayed fine, just a small rise from the upper 40's to the lower 50s. Sleep was difficult initially, but that has since resolved. HRV is also back up to where it should be.

Soon I plan to test MOTS-C to see whether it gives me what I need to start logging serious miles again. If anyone has any n=1's with MOTS-C, I'd love to hear your experiences.

Stats:

50 years old

5'10.5"

Starting weight: 162.8

CW: 131.6

BF%: 14.5%
My HRV has fallen from 35 down to 22, my heart rate is up by +6, and I'm dealing with the heart rate changes and HRV shifts at the moment. I wake up 4 times each night and my sleep has gotten bad. Even though I'm only on 1.5 mg of retatrutide and I am losing weight, it's uncomfortable... it's been 6 weeks on it now. How long does it take before your HRV goes back to normal? I'm considering switching over to Trizepetide...
 
ayou1316 said:

octopusthorpe said:

View attachment 10916

View attachment 10917

March 2026 is when I began reta, hoping to drop the perimenopausal "puff" that had been accumulating steadily since 2024.

For 10 years I've trained as a powerlifter and long distance hiker, and it was frustrating that my standard diet and training routine had stopped delivering the results they once did.

In 2025 I added HRT (estradiol patch) and TRT (low-dose test C) to ease other peri symptoms, yet fat loss remained stubborn.

Almost 4 months on low-dose reta (1mg/week, split into two 0.5mg doses) has left me absolutely stunned by both how well it works and how fast the results came.

The only downside has been the effect on endurance exercise - my hiking performance clearly dropped, though thankfully I can still train in the gym exactly as before, so there's been no muscle mass loss, which matters a lot.

My RHR has stayed fine, just a small rise from the upper 40's to the lower 50s. Sleep was difficult initially, but that has since resolved. HRV is also back up to where it should be.

Soon I plan to test MOTS-C to see whether it gives me what I need to start logging serious miles again. If anyone has any n=1's with MOTS-C, I'd love to hear your experiences.

Stats:

50 years old

5'10.5"

Starting weight: 162.8

CW: 131.6

BF%: 14.5%
My HRV has fallen from 35 down to 22, my heart rate is up by +6, and I'm dealing with the heart rate changes and HRV shifts at the moment. I wake up 4 times each night and my sleep has gotten bad. Even though I'm only on 1.5 mg of retatrutide and I am losing weight, it's uncomfortable... it's been 6 weeks on it now. How long does it take before your HRV goes back to normal? I'm considering switching over to Trizepetide...
Might seem odd, but having rice or oatmeal—carbs—before sleeping made a difference for me with the sleep problem from Reta.
 
Redz said:

ayou1316 said:

octopusthorpe said:

View attachment 10916

View attachment 10917

March 2026 is when I began reta, hoping to drop the perimenopausal "puff" that had been accumulating steadily since 2024.

For 10 years I've trained as a powerlifter and long distance hiker, and it was frustrating that my standard diet and training routine had stopped delivering the results they once did.

In 2025 I added HRT (estradiol patch) and TRT (low-dose test C) to ease other peri symptoms, yet fat loss remained stubborn.

Almost 4 months on low-dose reta (1mg/week, split into two 0.5mg doses) has left me absolutely stunned by both how well it works and how fast the results came.

The only downside has been the effect on endurance exercise - my hiking performance clearly dropped, though thankfully I can still train in the gym exactly as before, so there's been no muscle mass loss, which matters a lot.

My RHR has stayed fine, just a small rise from the upper 40's to the lower 50s. Sleep was difficult initially, but that has since resolved. HRV is also back up to where it should be.

Soon I plan to test MOTS-C to see whether it gives me what I need to start logging serious miles again. If anyone has any n=1's with MOTS-C, I'd love to hear your experiences.

Stats:

50 years old

5'10.5"

Starting weight: 162.8

CW: 131.6

BF%: 14.5%
My HRV has fallen from 35 down to 22, my heart rate is up by +6, and I'm dealing with the heart rate changes and HRV shifts at the moment. I wake up 4 times each night and my sleep has gotten bad. Even though I'm only on 1.5 mg of retatrutide and I am losing weight, it's uncomfortable... it's been 6 weeks on it now. How long does it take before your HRV goes back to normal? I'm considering switching over to Trizepetide...
Might seem odd, but having rice or oatmeal—carbs—before sleeping made a difference for me with the sleep problem from Reta.
It made no difference at all for me. My sleep problems, I figure, come down to getting older and the way I live.
 
For sleep, the most effective solution I've come across is a drink containing THC and CBN. You can find a few options at Total Wine. The one I reach for most often is from Stigma, as far as I recall, and it's named sleep tonic. I get deeper rest, wake up less frequently, and don't feel groggy in the morning. My sleep scores have gone up a lot lately.
 
Back
Top