Reta at 10 weeks: progress has plateaued

emdot

Explorer
Joined
Dec 30, 2025
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
NY
Not shocked by this outcome, but I wanted to share how things have gone.

After 10 weeks, I've lost 30lbs, though the scale hasn't moved at all over the past 13 days. My current dose is 2.5mg.
 
You dropped a lot of weight quickly — that pace was never something you could sustain — it gave you a strong starting push, but your dose is still low and there is plenty of space to titrate upward so the scale starts moving once more. best of luck!
 
CNCCurrency said:

Just bump the dose?
I figured the same. Hitting 25lbs lost by week 10, averaging 2.5lb each week, seemed like solid progress to me. Sure, those doses are on the low side, but apparently they do the job for certain individuals.
 
emdot said:

Not shocked by this outcome, but I wanted to share how things have gone.

After 10 weeks, I've lost 30lbs, though the scale hasn't moved at all over the past 13 days. My current dose is 2.5mg.
That is a LOT, and at such a low dose too — so Amazing!! Congratulations!!

I'm also beginning low & nowhere near those kind of results. Around 4 weeks & dropped just 3lbs
 
Nice work! When things stall, most people suggest bumping up the dose, but before that, ask yourself if appetite control is still strong and whether there’s room to improve your meals or squeeze in extra activity.

On Tirz at 7.5mg, I figured I was stuck because month 1 brought zero loss, yet month 2 on the same dose dropped roughly 10 pounds for me. Tiny tweaks can change a lot. Also, don’t fixate on extreme weight weight loss—no two journeys look alike.
 
The figures are important. Could you share where you began, where you are now, and what you're aiming for?

In my case, I had 30lbs of excess weight, and once I dropped 25 lbs things came to a halt. Those final few pounds are tougher to shed, but if you're sitting around 300lbs, then I'd say that's a genuine plateau and moving up in dose might be the right call.
 
Can you even call it a stall when the dose is still at the starting level? A 15% drop while on 2.5 mg of reta seems roughly in line with expectations, though those first 10 lbs are quite possibly fluid, and the current plateau is partly just your body recalibrating its fluid balance. If your food intake has not changed at all, then judging by that graph you are likely still shedding fat, since the weight loss rate abruptly hit zero. Still, yeah, bump the dose up.
 
Beyond everything already mentioned, I like peptides that come with fasting protocols — the GH peptides in particular. Once someone moves up to a larger reta dose, cagri also becomes a reasonable option, above all when certain risk factors rule out the GH peptides.
 
What do your macros look like? That would help in assessing this better.

A common reason people believe they have stalled: at the outset, their TDEE is (these numbers are made up purely for the sake of discussion) 2750, they consume 1750, and they drop 2.5lbs per week. Then, as weight comes off, their TDEE falls to, say, 2250, while they still consume 1750 daily. If they don't recalibrate their macros alongside the weight loss, they interpret it as a stall, when in reality they just need to change how much they're taking in.

Because of that, raising the dose is only necessary once the medication stops working. My recommendation: look at your macros first, and treat medication adjustment as the 2nd step.
 
First off… 30lbs is a great result, well done!

At this stage, you ought to bump the dosage up. 2.5mg sits only slightly above the trial starting dose. It also helps to shift attention toward non-scale victories… like clothes fitting more loosely and similar changes. Even when the number on the scale stays put, your body composition is still shifting.

One more point to keep in mind: as the amount of weight you carry drops, pushing the scale lower demands more effort. From my peak I've dropped 115lbs, and I still have 90lbs left to reach my goal. I FEEL far better, but since I'm no longer hauling that extra weight around, the same activity burns fewer calories. To keep the scale moving, I've had to step things up. That could mean spending more time exercising or training harder (adding weights, going faster, and so on).

Cheers!

Ryan
 
I’m in a pretty comparable spot at the moment.

Trying to figure out whether to cut calories or ramp up exercise. My eating hasn’t really changed, and appetite suppression is still going strong even on my tiny 1mg weekly dose.
 
A 13-day pause doesn't count as a stall. What's happening is your brain is recalibrating to a new weight, since you dropped a great deal in a brief period. Still, your dose is low, which means there's plenty of space to increase.
 
If the scale is your only metric, you're missing most of what's happening. A genuine plateau means your body fat, lean mass, and waist measurements are all frozen. I hit multiple periods where weight didn't move, yet body fat and waist size went down while lean mass went up. That wasn't a stall — it was my body adjusting to a new baseline.
 
Back
Top