Reta: Anyone Dividing Their Weekly Doses?

Three weeks back, I bumped up from 2mg to 4mg.

My approach was to split it into two 2mg shots (Sunday and Thursday).

Since splitting the 4mg, my sleep has been wrecked. I'm asleep by 10p and wake at 3:50a without fail.

This past Thursday I didn't take the second shot, and I'm planning to take the full 4mg on Sundays instead, hoping that'll let me sleep as the dose wears off.

My guess is that by smoothing out the peaks and valleys through splitting, I stayed stimulated the entire week.

Fingers crossed for improved sleep.
 
Nerker said:

Three weeks back, I bumped up from 2mg to 4mg.

My approach was to split it into two 2mg shots (Sunday and Thursday).

Since splitting the 4mg, my sleep has been wrecked. I'm asleep by 10p and wake at 3:50a without fail.

This past Thursday I didn't take the second shot, and I'm planning to take the full 4mg on Sundays instead, hoping that'll let me sleep as the dose wears off.

My guess is that by smoothing out the peaks and valleys through splitting, I stayed stimulated the entire week.

Fingers crossed for improved sleep.
I'm interested in whether that ends up working for you... my guess is it would make things worse, but then again, everyone's different. (🤣 that's genuinely the first time I've ever typed that).
 
DragonOfTheSea said:

Nerker said:

Three weeks back, I bumped up from 2mg to 4mg.

My approach was to split it into two 2mg shots (Sunday and Thursday).

Since splitting the 4mg, my sleep has been wrecked. I'm asleep by 10p and wake at 3:50a without fail.

This past Thursday I didn't take the second shot, and I'm planning to take the full 4mg on Sundays instead, hoping that'll let me sleep as the dose wears off.

My guess is that by smoothing out the peaks and valleys through splitting, I stayed stimulated the entire week.

Fingers crossed for improved sleep.
I'm interested in whether that ends up working for you... my guess is it would make things worse, but then again, everyone's different. (🤣 that's genuinely the first time I've ever typed that).
Have I mixed it up?
 
Nerker said:

DragonOfTheSea said:

Nerker said:

Three weeks back, I bumped up from 2mg to 4mg.

My approach was to split it into two 2mg shots (Sunday and Thursday).

Since splitting the 4mg, my sleep has been wrecked. I'm asleep by 10p and wake at 3:50a without fail.

This past Thursday I didn't take the second shot, and I'm planning to take the full 4mg on Sundays instead, hoping that'll let me sleep as the dose wears off.

My guess is that by smoothing out the peaks and valleys through splitting, I stayed stimulated the entire week.

Fingers crossed for improved sleep.
I'm interested in whether that ends up working for you... my guess is it would make things worse, but then again, everyone's different. (🤣 that's genuinely the first time I've ever typed that).
Have I mixed it up?
That isn't a given. Sure, those few nights of improved sleep might show up when you're at the lowest point, but I'd also question whether the taller spike could trigger harsher side effects. Still, no harm in testing it—responses vary from person to person.

If it were me, I'd either have reduced the dose to around 3mg and split it, or given the 4mg split more time before changing anything.
 
Nerker said:

DragonOfTheSea said:

Nerker said:

Three weeks back, I bumped up from 2mg to 4mg.

My approach was to split it into two 2mg shots (Sunday and Thursday).

Since splitting the 4mg, my sleep has been wrecked. I'm asleep by 10p and wake at 3:50a without fail.

This past Thursday I didn't take the second shot, and I'm planning to take the full 4mg on Sundays instead, hoping that'll let me sleep as the dose wears off.

My guess is that by smoothing out the peaks and valleys through splitting, I stayed stimulated the entire week.

Fingers crossed for improved sleep.
I'm interested in whether that ends up working for you... my guess is it would make things worse, but then again, everyone's different. (🤣 that's genuinely the first time I've ever typed that).
Have I mixed it up?
By the usual logic, that's how it looks. The peaks are what cause side effects, while the troughs are what decide how well it works.
 
JA$$E said:

I'm only gathering information at this point. Has anyone noticed an upside to taking their weekly dose in 2 parts? I've come across claims that doing so reduces certain side effects, but others argue there's no clinical evidence behind that. I'd like to know whether anyone here has done it both ways and how the outcomes compare.
I divide my dose and I'm pleased with the result. The highs and lows appear to be less pronounced. Before, my appetite would increase as the weekly injection approached, and I'd experience heartburn for several days afterward. That no longer happens now that I split it.

Weight is melting right off.
 
woundcarping said:

Nerker said:

DragonOfTheSea said:

Nerker said:

Three weeks back, I bumped up from 2mg to 4mg.

My approach was to split it into two 2mg shots (Sunday and Thursday).

Since splitting the 4mg, my sleep has been wrecked. I'm asleep by 10p and wake at 3:50a without fail.

This past Thursday I didn't take the second shot, and I'm planning to take the full 4mg on Sundays instead, hoping that'll let me sleep as the dose wears off.

My guess is that by smoothing out the peaks and valleys through splitting, I stayed stimulated the entire week.

Fingers crossed for improved sleep.
I'm interested in whether that ends up working for you... my guess is it would make things worse, but then again, everyone's different. (🤣 that's genuinely the first time I've ever typed that).
Have I mixed it up?
By the usual logic, that's how it looks. The peaks are what cause side effects, while the troughs are what decide how well it works.
Yep. That means worse sleep when levels are at their highest, and improved sleep when they dip. Could beat having bad sleep nightly.
 
Since I haven't experienced any side effects that were debilitating, I don't split my dose. It's 10mg/week.
 
Nerker said:

woundcarping said:

Nerker said:

DragonOfTheSea said:

Nerker said:

Three weeks back, I bumped up from 2mg to 4mg.

My approach was to split it into two 2mg shots (Sunday and Thursday).

Since splitting the 4mg, my sleep has been wrecked. I'm asleep by 10p and wake at 3:50a without fail.

This past Thursday I didn't take the second shot, and I'm planning to take the full 4mg on Sundays instead, hoping that'll let me sleep as the dose wears off.

My guess is that by smoothing out the peaks and valleys through splitting, I stayed stimulated the entire week.

Fingers crossed for improved sleep.
I'm interested in whether that ends up working for you... my guess is it would make things worse, but then again, everyone's different. (🤣 that's genuinely the first time I've ever typed that).
Have I mixed it up?
By the usual logic, that's how it looks. The peaks are what cause side effects, while the troughs are what decide how well it works.
Yep. That means worse sleep when levels are at their highest, and improved sleep when they dip. Could beat having bad sleep nightly.
When split dosing is used, peaks become smaller if your trough days are already doing the therapeutic job… by bringing the trough up to an effective level with a lower average exposure, your total dosage can be cut.
 
woundcarping said:

Nerker said:

woundcarping said:

Nerker said:

DragonOfTheSea said:

Nerker said:

Three weeks back, I bumped up from 2mg to 4mg.

My approach was to split it into two 2mg shots (Sunday and Thursday).

Since splitting the 4mg, my sleep has been wrecked. I'm asleep by 10p and wake at 3:50a without fail.

This past Thursday I didn't take the second shot, and I'm planning to take the full 4mg on Sundays instead, hoping that'll let me sleep as the dose wears off.

My guess is that by smoothing out the peaks and valleys through splitting, I stayed stimulated the entire week.

Fingers crossed for improved sleep.
I'm interested in whether that ends up working for you... my guess is it would make things worse, but then again, everyone's different. (🤣 that's genuinely the first time I've ever typed that).
Have I mixed it up?
By the usual logic, that's how it looks. The peaks are what cause side effects, while the troughs are what decide how well it works.
Yep. That means worse sleep when levels are at their highest, and improved sleep when they dip. Could beat having bad sleep nightly.
When split dosing is used, peaks become smaller if your trough days are already doing the therapeutic job… by bringing the trough up to an effective level with a lower average exposure, your total dosage can be cut.
Wait a second. Let me make sure I'm following. On my trough days, the dose still works. I understand that dividing it raises the trough level. So I could drop from 4mg to 3mg, yet splitting might keep me therapeutically nearer to 4mg?
 
Nerker said:

woundcarping said:

Nerker said:

woundcarping said:

Nerker said:

DragonOfTheSea said:

Nerker said:

Three weeks back, I bumped up from 2mg to 4mg.

My approach was to split it into two 2mg shots (Sunday and Thursday).

Since splitting the 4mg, my sleep has been wrecked. I'm asleep by 10p and wake at 3:50a without fail.

This past Thursday I didn't take the second shot, and I'm planning to take the full 4mg on Sundays instead, hoping that'll let me sleep as the dose wears off.

My guess is that by smoothing out the peaks and valleys through splitting, I stayed stimulated the entire week.

Fingers crossed for improved sleep.
I'm interested in whether that ends up working for you... my guess is it would make things worse, but then again, everyone's different. (🤣 that's genuinely the first time I've ever typed that).
Have I mixed it up?
By the usual logic, that's how it looks. The peaks are what cause side effects, while the troughs are what decide how well it works.
Yep. That means worse sleep when levels are at their highest, and improved sleep when they dip. Could beat having bad sleep nightly.
When split dosing is used, peaks become smaller if your trough days are already doing the therapeutic job… by bringing the trough up to an effective level with a lower average exposure, your total dosage can be cut.
Wait a second. Let me make sure I'm following. On my trough days, the dose still works. I understand that dividing it raises the trough level. So I could drop from 4mg to 3mg, yet splitting might keep me therapeutically nearer to 4mg?

Basically, that's right.

When a 4mg weekly dose's trough does the job, splitting 3mg could still reach a trough high enough for the same effect, while cutting average exposure and peak levels.
 
woundcarping said:

Nerker said:

woundcarping said:

Nerker said:

woundcarping said:

Nerker said:

DragonOfTheSea said:

Nerker said:

Three weeks back, I bumped up from 2mg to 4mg.

My approach was to split it into two 2mg shots (Sunday and Thursday).

Since splitting the 4mg, my sleep has been wrecked. I'm asleep by 10p and wake at 3:50a without fail.

This past Thursday I didn't take the second shot, and I'm planning to take the full 4mg on Sundays instead, hoping that'll let me sleep as the dose wears off.

My guess is that by smoothing out the peaks and valleys through splitting, I stayed stimulated the entire week.

Fingers crossed for improved sleep.
I'm interested in whether that ends up working for you... my guess is it would make things worse, but then again, everyone's different. (🤣 that's genuinely the first time I've ever typed that).
Have I mixed it up?
By the usual logic, that's how it looks. The peaks are what cause side effects, while the troughs are what decide how well it works.
Yep. That means worse sleep when levels are at their highest, and improved sleep when they dip. Could beat having bad sleep nightly.
When split dosing is used, peaks become smaller if your trough days are already doing the therapeutic job… by bringing the trough up to an effective level with a lower average exposure, your total dosage can be cut.
Wait a second. Let me make sure I'm following. On my trough days, the dose still works. I understand that dividing it raises the trough level. So I could drop from 4mg to 3mg, yet splitting might keep me therapeutically nearer to 4mg?

Basically, that's right.

When a 4mg weekly dose's trough does the job, splitting 3mg could still reach a trough high enough for the same effect, while cutting average exposure and peak levels.
Appreciate it. Sleep is something I’m after. I’ll give the 3mg split a shot.
 
My wife and I have been dividing our doses into 2X per week, and ever since we began using Reta, that approach has worked tremendously for us.
 
Nerker said:

woundcarping said:

Nerker said:

woundcarping said:

Nerker said:

woundcarping said:

Nerker said:

DragonOfTheSea said:

Nerker said:

Three weeks back, I bumped up from 2mg to 4mg.

My approach was to split it into two 2mg shots (Sunday and Thursday).

Since splitting the 4mg, my sleep has been wrecked. I'm asleep by 10p and wake at 3:50a without fail.

This past Thursday I didn't take the second shot, and I'm planning to take the full 4mg on Sundays instead, hoping that'll let me sleep as the dose wears off.

My guess is that by smoothing out the peaks and valleys through splitting, I stayed stimulated the entire week.

Fingers crossed for improved sleep.
I'm interested in whether that ends up working for you... my guess is it would make things worse, but then again, everyone's different. (🤣 that's genuinely the first time I've ever typed that).
Have I mixed it up?
By the usual logic, that's how it looks. The peaks are what cause side effects, while the troughs are what decide how well it works.
Yep. That means worse sleep when levels are at their highest, and improved sleep when they dip. Could beat having bad sleep nightly.
When split dosing is used, peaks become smaller if your trough days are already doing the therapeutic job… by bringing the trough up to an effective level with a lower average exposure, your total dosage can be cut.
Wait a second. Let me make sure I'm following. On my trough days, the dose still works. I understand that dividing it raises the trough level. So I could drop from 4mg to 3mg, yet splitting might keep me therapeutically nearer to 4mg?

Basically, that's right.

When a 4mg weekly dose's trough does the job, splitting 3mg could still reach a trough high enough for the same effect, while cutting average exposure and peak levels.
Appreciate it. Sleep is something I’m after. I’ll give the 3mg split a shot.
Right now my aggressive dosing has my sleep in a rough spot, though that comes with the territory on big jobs.

Are you monitoring your sleep at all? A few months ago I picked up an Oura Ring just to track sleep more comfortably than with my watch.
 
woundcarping said:

Nerker said:

woundcarping said:

Nerker said:

woundcarping said:

Nerker said:

woundcarping said:

Nerker said:

DragonOfTheSea said:

Nerker said:

Three weeks back, I bumped up from 2mg to 4mg.

My approach was to split it into two 2mg shots (Sunday and Thursday).

Since splitting the 4mg, my sleep has been wrecked. I'm asleep by 10p and wake at 3:50a without fail.

This past Thursday I didn't take the second shot, and I'm planning to take the full 4mg on Sundays instead, hoping that'll let me sleep as the dose wears off.

My guess is that by smoothing out the peaks and valleys through splitting, I stayed stimulated the entire week.

Fingers crossed for improved sleep.
I'm interested in whether that ends up working for you... my guess is it would make things worse, but then again, everyone's different. (🤣 that's genuinely the first time I've ever typed that).
Have I mixed it up?
By the usual logic, that's how it looks. The peaks are what cause side effects, while the troughs are what decide how well it works.
Yep. That means worse sleep when levels are at their highest, and improved sleep when they dip. Could beat having bad sleep nightly.
When split dosing is used, peaks become smaller if your trough days are already doing the therapeutic job… by bringing the trough up to an effective level with a lower average exposure, your total dosage can be cut.
Wait a second. Let me make sure I'm following. On my trough days, the dose still works. I understand that dividing it raises the trough level. So I could drop from 4mg to 3mg, yet splitting might keep me therapeutically nearer to 4mg?

Basically, that's right.

When a 4mg weekly dose's trough does the job, splitting 3mg could still reach a trough high enough for the same effect, while cutting average exposure and peak levels.
Appreciate it. Sleep is something I’m after. I’ll give the 3mg split a shot.
Right now my aggressive dosing has my sleep in a rough spot, though that comes with the territory on big jobs.

Are you monitoring your sleep at all? A few months ago I picked up an Oura Ring just to track sleep more comfortably than with my watch.
Right now I’m not tracking it. The switch to 4mg RT was the first time in years that my sleep changed in an obvious way. I wake at 3:50am every single time, regular as clockwork.
 
RosebudFox said:

After doing well on tirz, I'm giving reta a shot. During my first attempt, I used reta for roughly a month, but I suspect my starting amount was too much for me (2mg), and the faster heartbeat felt unpleasant.

For this second attempt, I'm beginning at a low amount and dividing it between Tuesday and Friday evenings. I don't want the previous experience to happen again, so taking smaller portions each time suits me.
Could you go into more detail about the higher heart rate you're seeing? At 2 mg, I saw a rise of roughly 8-10 bmp, and at 4mg it was closer to 12. I haven't had any bad side effects that I can tell, but I am concerned that my resting heart rate now sits at about 80-82.
 
Retarage said:

RosebudFox said:

After doing well on tirz, I'm giving reta a shot. During my first attempt, I used reta for roughly a month, but I suspect my starting amount was too much for me (2mg), and the faster heartbeat felt unpleasant.

For this second attempt, I'm beginning at a low amount and dividing it between Tuesday and Friday evenings. I don't want the previous experience to happen again, so taking smaller portions each time suits me.
Could you go into more detail about the higher heart rate you're seeing? At 2 mg, I saw a rise of roughly 8-10 bmp, and at 4mg it was closer to 12. I haven't had any bad side effects that I can tell, but I am concerned that my resting heart rate now sits at about 80-82.
For me, the increase is roughly 4 BPM, and when I sleep it sits at 53-55.
 
Just adding that splitting into 2x per week has worked great here. Still on 3mg Sundays and Thursdays (6mg week total), which is more than enough for the effect I want. Only thing I notice is elevated HR during cardio.
 
yeah, it spreads the total across the week so the system holds a steadier, higher baseline

less pronounced peaks and dips.
 
Back
Top