Reta: Anyone Dividing Their Weekly Doses?

JA$$E

Explorer
Joined
Mar 4, 2026
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada
I'm only gathering information at this point. Has anyone noticed an upside to taking their weekly dose in 2 parts? I've come across claims that doing so reduces certain side effects, but others argue there's no clinical evidence behind that. I'd like to know whether anyone here has done it both ways and how the outcomes compare.
 
From 1mg up to 3mg, I was injecting the whole amount once per week.

At 4mg now, I've switched to 2mg on Friday plus 2mg on Tuesday.

I'm only in week 1 of this split schedule, so I have nothing concrete to report yet. Still, when I was taking it all on Friday, by Wednesday and Thursday evenings I'd feel ravenous and wanted to binge. My hope is that splitting it will quiet the food noise somewhat.
 
JA$$E said:

I'm only gathering information at this point. Has anyone noticed an upside to taking their weekly dose in 2 parts? I've come across claims that doing so reduces certain side effects, but others argue there's no clinical evidence behind that. I'd like to know whether anyone here has done it both ways and how the outcomes compare.
A lot of folks are splitting their weekly dose and seeing precisely the upsides you mentioned. Clinical evidence? None to back it up. Still, anecdotal reports are abundant (you can find them without much effort here) showing it helps with side effects and appetite.
 
JA$$E said:

I'm only gathering information at this point. Has anyone noticed an upside to taking their weekly dose in 2 parts? I've come across claims that doing so reduces certain side effects, but others argue there's no clinical evidence behind that. I'd like to know whether anyone here has done it both ways and how the outcomes compare.
From the moment I began titrating upward from my initial 2mg/weekly dose, I've divided my dosing into two sessions per week. At this point I'm on 10mg/weekly, taken as two 5mg doses each week.
 
I take my Reta in 2 injections per week, spaced 3.5 days apart, and I pair each one with my TRT shot. Right before the next dose is due, I notice I get a bit hungrier. Splitting is the only method I've ever used, so I can't compare it against a single weekly injection, but I haven't run into any negatives.
 
My injections happen on Sunday and Thursday. The reason is that my initial shot brought on some pretty rough side effects. By now my system has probably gotten used to the medication, but since this schedule is doing the job, switching back to a single weekly dose doesn't seem necessary.
 
DragonOfTheSea said:

JA$$E said:

I'm only gathering information at this point. Has anyone noticed an upside to taking their weekly dose in 2 parts? I've come across claims that doing so reduces certain side effects, but others argue there's no clinical evidence behind that. I'd like to know whether anyone here has done it both ways and how the outcomes compare.
A lot of folks are splitting their weekly dose and seeing precisely the upsides you mentioned. Clinical evidence? None to back it up. Still, anecdotal reports are abundant (you can find them without much effort here) showing it helps with side effects and appetite.
Although I'm aware "it's against the rules", I still split.

You're not the boss of me!!
 
Once I raised my weekly amount from 2mg to 4mg, I moved to injecting twice per week. Toward the end of each week, my appetite had been picking up. That problem has completely disappeared since I made the change.
 
After doing well on tirz, I'm giving reta a shot. During my first attempt, I used reta for roughly a month, but I suspect my starting amount was too much for me (2mg), and the faster heartbeat felt unpleasant.

For this second attempt, I'm beginning at a low amount and dividing it between Tuesday and Friday evenings. I don't want the previous experience to happen again, so taking smaller portions each time suits me.
 
JA$$E said:

I'm only gathering information at this point. Has anyone noticed an upside to taking their weekly dose in 2 parts? I've come across claims that doing so reduces certain side effects, but others argue there's no clinical evidence behind that. I'd like to know whether anyone here has done it both ways and how the outcomes compare.
For roughly 4 months, I used 2mg every 4 days, increasing the amount gradually as I went.
 
My schedule is every 3.5 days — Tuesday morning and Friday evening. That way I can take Reta and TRT together, which is simply more convenient for me.

When you plot a Reta protocol of 2ml once per 7 days against 1ml every 3.5 days, the twice-weekly approach appears to produce steadier levels (check the Steroid Plotter site — links seem to get blocked by the spam filter when I try to post them)

There's also a screenshot below comparing Reta levels for 2mg/week (blue) versus 1mg every 3.5 days (purple)





cb37c0c2cbb4bfc0b92146584fb9b364853fdc5e03d0719d8b21cf87f601420f.webp
 
I haven't joined the splitting group so far (though I'll most likely begin this week)

Even so, I noticed my injections were landing every 6 days

My current deficit works out to roughly 2.5-3lbs lost each week, yet once day 5 or 6 arrived, my eating would jump back up to something closer to a 1lb/week deficit

I took my first 4mg dose yesterday, so chances are I'll add another 2mg on Friday or Saturday and then switch over to splitting.
 
Back when I was on sema, I split my doses from the start — the compound telemed had set it up that way to blunt the sema side effects. Splitting did make the side effects milder, and it also smoothed things out a bit so my appetite wasn't swinging so hard in one direction.

With reta, I don't split. That said, whenever my appetite starts creeping back up, I'll still add a small sema dose (.5), and that's usually somewhere around every 7-10 days. So the sema ends up doing the same job — taking the edge off ahead of my next reta dose. On top of that, I'm in maintenance at the moment, letting my skin catch up to the losses, so my only goal on the scale right now is to hold steady. That's why I'm not looking to raise my reta. If I were, I'd probably drop the sema bumps and just split the reta instead, since reta is by far my preference.
 
JA$$E said:

I'm only gathering information at this point. Has anyone noticed an upside to taking their weekly dose in 2 parts? I've come across claims that doing so reduces certain side effects, but others argue there's no clinical evidence behind that. I'd like to know whether anyone here has done it both ways and how the outcomes compare.
I divide mine, and a handful of female friends who felt sick with dosing every 6 days began dividing theirs too — the nausea disappeared. Interpret that however you like!
 
Since last January I've been dividing my Tirz doses. I take 3 injections each week. Now that I'm considering adding Reta at a low dose for stacking, I'm switching to 2 Tirz shots weekly plus possibly 1-2 Reta shots. Perhaps rotating between them every 3 days or so? What splitting Tirz taught me is that the odd crash that used to hit a couple days before the following dose disappeared. It felt consistent, without that up-and-down peak and valley effect. I'm hoping the same thing happens once I introduce the stack.
 
domin8brix said:

Since last January I've been dividing my Tirz doses. I take 3 injections each week. Now that I'm considering adding Reta at a low dose for stacking, I'm switching to 2 Tirz shots weekly plus possibly 1-2 Reta shots. Perhaps rotating between them every 3 days or so? What splitting Tirz taught me is that the odd crash that used to hit a couple days before the following dose disappeared. It felt consistent, without that up-and-down peak and valley effect. I'm hoping the same thing happens once I introduce the stack.
Yes.
 
I divide mine up. Right now I take roughly 1.7mg of reta each 4 days. This approach has eased my side effects. Nausea for me is only mild. My appetite stays much more steadily suppressed, I've noticed. I started reta in Jan.
 
JA$$E said:

I'm only gathering information at this point. Has anyone noticed an upside to taking their weekly dose in 2 parts? I've come across claims that doing so reduces certain side effects, but others argue there's no clinical evidence behind that. I'd like to know whether anyone here has done it both ways and how the outcomes compare.
I'm on 1mg/week, which I break into 2 doses of 0.5mg each. Since this is the first peptide I've ever used, I chose a slow start to avoid interfering with my training. The results have been surprisingly good. For 10 years I've been into powerlifting and endurance hiking, and I'm taking reta to help drop perimenopause weight. In 3.5 weeks I've gone from 162lb down to 148lb (my height is 5'10"). I'm even thinking about reducing it to 0.5/week, because the appetite suppression is cutting into my endurance - lifting is still okay, though I'm not setting any PRs, just holding my current numbers.
 
I divide mine. About a year back I began with 2mg each week, taking it on Wednesday and Saturday. I kept increasing until I reached 10mg per week, which got me to my goal, and now I'm lowering it gradually. I figure my ideal amount will land somewhere between those two points.
 
Back
Top