Bioexplorer
Explorer
Before I began retatrutide, my brother told me that the pleasure I get from a nice meal and from alcohol would largely disappear, and that going forward these things would be purely social or functional for me.
About alcohol, he was definitely right. I'm only on a very low dose and it's been just a couple of weeks, but my usual pre-dinner drink has become nothing more than a habit. The pleasant warmth and the happy buzz are gone. With the dopamine absent, what's the point? I switched to an electrolyte drink instead. That's definitely healthier, and I'm sure this new normal will grow on me, but it's still a little depressing.
A tasty meal, though, still tastes good and I find it quite enjoyable. I simply don't think about food much, and I'm never really hungry. Perhaps those who stopped enjoying food had a different response to it before Reta, maybe one with more dopamine release.
I'm sure I'll still have a drink now and then at social events, but it won't be something I look forward to regularly. Has almost everyone stopped drinking on retatrutide? I assume this is part of the anhedonia side effect.
About alcohol, he was definitely right. I'm only on a very low dose and it's been just a couple of weeks, but my usual pre-dinner drink has become nothing more than a habit. The pleasant warmth and the happy buzz are gone. With the dopamine absent, what's the point? I switched to an electrolyte drink instead. That's definitely healthier, and I'm sure this new normal will grow on me, but it's still a little depressing.
A tasty meal, though, still tastes good and I find it quite enjoyable. I simply don't think about food much, and I'm never really hungry. Perhaps those who stopped enjoying food had a different response to it before Reta, maybe one with more dopamine release.
I'm sure I'll still have a drink now and then at social events, but it won't be something I look forward to regularly. Has almost everyone stopped drinking on retatrutide? I assume this is part of the anhedonia side effect.