Reta and post-exercise heart rate recovery

Xono

Explorer
Joined
Aug 30, 2026
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Location
Philippines
Curious about how quickly or gradually heart rate comes back down following a workout or cardio session.

I'm in week 2 at a 2mg dose, and I've seen that after cardio it needed 2 hours to return to my resting heart rate, whereas previously it was around 30 mins.
 
Be sure to take at least 1g of potassium daily as a supplement, along with magnesium. That can be beneficial.
 
It's odd how the same thing hits people differently — for me, it brought my heart rate down.
 
My own numbers went down too. Before starting reta I sat at 67, and these days I'm averaging 61. The fitter I get, the quicker my pulse settles back down once I stop moving. I used to compete as an athlete, so maybe there's a solid foundation left to build on. 🤷‍♀️
 
Reta messed up my heart rate badly. What used to feel like zone 2 turned into a zone 3-4 workload. Getting it back down took hours too. And on days I wasn't even working out, my resting rate would sit at 100 or above from morning to night.

I've been cycling seriously for several years, and my resting bpm sat at 52 before I started reta.

So I stopped reta and moved over to Tirz. Things are more backed up now, but my heart rate is gradually coming back toward my usual baseline. While cycling it's still higher than it should be, though the trend is improving.
 
Reta has me somewhat steering clear of cardio lately, since my heart rate now hits Zones 4 and 5 with far less effort than it used to.

My resting heart rate is only up by 1 or 2 bpm — it sits near 60 bpm (±2) — but during weight training, and above all during cardio, my heart rate rises a lot more quickly.
 
Vash said:

Reta messed up my heart rate badly. What used to feel like zone 2 turned into a zone 3-4 workload. Getting it back down took hours too. And on days I wasn't even working out, my resting rate would sit at 100 or above from morning to night.

I've been cycling seriously for several years, and my resting bpm sat at 52 before I started reta.

So I stopped reta and moved over to Tirz. Things are more backed up now, but my heart rate is gradually coming back toward my usual baseline. While cycling it's still higher than it should be, though the trend is improving.
That's exactly the kind of thing I was curious about. After doing cardio, my heart rate drops really gradually. Same as you, it takes me 2-3 hours before it's anywhere near my resting heart rate.

Once I take my next dose next week, my plan is to stay away from exercise for 3 days, then pick up weights on the 4th day. I'll aim for cardio on the 6th day and go from there. I'm only in week 2, so I'll stick it out a few more weeks. If nothing changes, switching to Tirze might be the next step.
 
bigbodybarry said:

Reta has me somewhat steering clear of cardio lately, since my heart rate now hits Zones 4 and 5 with far less effort than it used to.

My resting heart rate is only up by 1 or 2 bpm — it sits near 60 bpm (±2) — but during weight training, and above all during cardio, my heart rate rises a lot more quickly.
Once you finish, how quickly or slowly does your heart rate return to its resting level?
 
Back
Top