Reta and histamine reaction: swelling, big red patch at the injection site, and itching — anyone else?

CraigLSU said:

Has Reta ever triggered a histamine reaction for anyone here — swelling, a large red area surrounding the injection site, and itching?
With Reta, this has never happened to me; with Mots-c, it has.

I strongly suggest running your peptides through a filter into a new, sterile vial. hopefully the cause is another component rather than the Reta..
 
chonkkk said:


I have heard that alcohol pads right before injection can cause red areas so it's interesting to hear about it first hand!

Click to expand...
The alcohol needs time to evaporate — that's how it eliminates germs. My skin is extremely reactive, yet the wipes have never caused me any trouble.

There's a cream available that contains benadryl; you can apply it after the injection.
 
desinr-gal said:


You are supposed to give it time to dry which allows the alcohol to kill the germs. I have super sensitive skin and never have a problem with the wipes.

They sell a cream with benadryl added you can put on afterward

Click to expand...
Waiting for it to dry so it doesn't sting — that's what I've been doing too, haha.
 
lessthanhalf said:


Interesting. I would assume that there are a lot more immune cells resident in the dermis under the skin than there are in the subcutaneous fat tissue, which would explain why a deeper injection causes a lesser reaction. The problem it causes is the immune reaction, I do not think tiny amounts of whatever your immune system is reacting to are going to be harmful, so I would not be concerned about bypassing the immune system. Compared with the amount of crap literally and bacterial metabolites and fragments that make it through the gut every day into the bloodstream, I doubt it would be significant. In theory it could be the benzyl alcohol in the bac you are reacting to, have you tried plain water for injections instead? Being allergic to all 3 peptides seems a bit unlikely.

Click to expand...
Once I moved to a pen using a 4mm needle, the red itchy bumps began appearing with Reta. A short while ago — 5 hours back — I injected a small amount of Reta with a syringe (13mm needle), and up to now there is no redness or irritation at the site. My hope is that nothing flares up during the next 24 hours, which would tell me the injection depth is the cause rather than my body starting to react.
 
PepDino said:


I started getting the red itchy bumps with Reta right after I switched to a pen with a 4mm needle. Just did a small Reta injection with a syringe 5 hours ago (13mm needle) and so far, zero irritation or redness around the spot. I’m really hoping for no flare up over the next 24 hours so I know it’s the depth of the injection and not a reaction my body started developing.

Click to expand...
The allergy is still there — what you're getting are localized immune responses beneath the skin. That said, if you can't determine whether the shots are going in deeper, then it doesn't make much difference either way. On the forum, I haven't come across anyone whose localized reactions turned into broader ones, though every now and then more serious systemic skin reactions do happen.
 
lessthanhalf said:


You are still allergic to it , having localised immune reactions under the skin, but if you cannot tell if the injections are deeper, it does not really matter. I have yet to hear of people on the forum having localised reactions progress to more generalised ones, although more severe systemic skin reactions do occur occasionally.

Click to expand...
Yep, luckily it’s manageable and doesn’t reach the point where I’d quit. That said, if injecting slightly deeper puts an end to it, I’m fine doing that. From what I can tell, reactions show up for some folks regardless of how they inject.
 
With Reta, I've begun getting itching & occasionally redness where I inject, and it shows up a few hours after the shot. I've been using it since April 1st, but this didn't begin until June 10th. The sole change was switching BAC water to Hospira. I even tried injecting just the BAC by itself to check whether that was the culprit — it isn't. My schedule is 1 pin every 5 days, and I'm currently at 2.5mg.
 
The only compound that ever caused this for me was GHK cu. Once I began KPV, it went away entirely. I also got rid of every dull, inexpensive syringe I had bought from Amazon and bought a large box of Easy Touch instead.

Reta is not something I have tried, but Tirz does not give me any reaction of that kind.
 
Whenever I nick the wrong spot and there's a bit of blood, that's the only time I get things like swelling or redness.
 
It bums me out when people end up with allergic reactions. That's rough, though it happens often. It doesn't necessarily mean anyone messed up. Allergic reactions do show up in some people. Across 2 years of trying different peptides, GHK-cu is the only 1 that triggers a reaction for me. To make it tolerable, I put 1ml of nova_caine into the recon. Every injection I do has 40-50cc of bac in it. If the reaction is to Hospira, then the Benzyl alcohol or other preservatives might be what you're reacting to.
 
CraigLSU said:

Has Reta ever triggered a histamine reaction for anyone here — swelling, a large red area surrounding the injection site, and itching?
It happens with every dose for me. The reaction stuck around for roughly 3 days. That said, I react strongly to just about anything — foods, plants, perfumes and other volatiles, a lot of peptides... KPV included.
 
TooBigtoFail said:

It bums me out when people end up with allergic reactions. That's rough, though it happens often. It doesn't necessarily mean anyone messed up. Allergic reactions do show up in some people. Across 2 years of trying different peptides, GHK-cu is the only 1 that triggers a reaction for me. To make it tolerable, I put 1ml of nova_caine into the recon. Every injection I do has 40-50cc of bac in it. If the reaction is to Hospira, then the Benzyl alcohol or other preservatives might be what you're reacting to.

Sorry for the typo — it should read 40-50 units of bac.
 
Back
Top