Reta and histamine reaction: swelling, big red patch at the injection site, and itching — anyone else?

CraigLSU

Explorer
Joined
Apr 27, 2025
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Louisiana
Has Reta ever triggered a histamine reaction for anyone here — swelling, a large red area surrounding the injection site, and itching?
 
Has anyone else experienced this with Reta? I'm getting swelling, a big red patch where I inject, and itching. Never had this happen before. Did you check the COA?
 
Not for me — zero reaction, no bruising, no itch. Honestly it was as if I'd injected water. My setup is nothing special: a no-name generic 6mm 31G noodle off the 'Zon, and it glides in like butter, painless, and drawing or pushing is trouble-free.

I've spent roughly 2 yr in forums and groups focused on the brand-name stuff, and ngl, "histamine reactions" never came up until I wandered into the grey side of things. My gut feeling is that either your batch is bad, your water is bad, or your noodle is bad
 
Injection site reactions that stay local are extremely common among people using semaglutide and tirzepatide. For reta, I have not come across as many reports of this online, though since the molecule is almost the same, it stands to reason the same thing could occur with reta too. It has been too long since I went through the studies for me to recall the rate they reported. Usually the culprit is not the bac water — typically it is the drug itself that triggers the immune response.

What gives me some pause about your case is how big the reaction is. The majority of ISR's tend to be on the smaller side. If there is even the faintest sign pointing to a systemic allergic reaction, you should discontinue use, and when the reactions are large you may end up having to stop regardless and move over to tirz. Cross reactions between different GLP's are uncommon, so making the switch ought to resolve it.
 
CraigLSU said:

Has Reta ever triggered a histamine reaction for anyone here — swelling, a large red area surrounding the injection site, and itching?

347ac637be2e4a19c286db37d80b452884d06d17b4a881c845148a40cc56d71c.webp
 
With reta, I've never had that happen. The sole thing that caused an itchy, bumpy area for me was CJC 1295 without dac.
 
None of my friends or family — a bit more than 30 people — have had a histamine reaction to Reta. With MOTS, though, it is a different situation, particularly when the dose is higher.
 
badsr71 said:

None of my friends or family — a bit more than 30 people — have had a histamine reaction to Reta. With MOTS, though, it is a different situation, particularly when the dose is higher.
Mots never gave me that. My dose was 10mg, taken 3x each week. Beyond that, it didn't really do anything else for me either. Apparently I'm already optimized. I envy anyone who actually sees results from Mots. Lucky bastards.
 
Mr. Blonde said:

badsr71 said:

None of my friends or family — a bit more than 30 people — have had a histamine reaction to Reta. With MOTS, though, it is a different situation, particularly when the dose is higher.
Mots never gave me that. My dose was 10mg, taken 3x each week. Beyond that, it didn't really do anything else for me either. Apparently I'm already optimized. I envy anyone who actually sees results from Mots. Lucky bastards.
Wow. How many weeks did you stay on MOTS? This time I'm following a different regimen, combined with NAD+. The starting dose was 200mcg/day, and I'm increasing by another 200mcg/day every 2 weeks. Up to now, no problems. Slow and low!
 
CraigLSU said:

Has Reta ever triggered a histamine reaction for anyone here — swelling, a large red area surrounding the injection site, and itching?
I experienced an identical reaction on a single occasion. The following week I injected from the very same vial, kept an EpiPen on hand in case, and nothing happened. What triggered it remains a mystery to me.
 
badsr71 said:

Mr. Blonde said:

badsr71 said:

None of my friends or family — a bit more than 30 people — have had a histamine reaction to Reta. With MOTS, though, it is a different situation, particularly when the dose is higher.
Mots never gave me that. My dose was 10mg, taken 3x each week. Beyond that, it didn't really do anything else for me either. Apparently I'm already optimized. I envy anyone who actually sees results from Mots. Lucky bastards.
Wow. How many weeks did you stay on MOTS? This time I'm following a different regimen, combined with NAD+. The starting dose was 200mcg/day, and I'm increasing by another 200mcg/day every 2 weeks. Up to now, no problems. Slow and low!
6 weeks...I think.
 
I'm at week 6 with nothing so far. Reactions have only shown up when I pinned ghk-cu into my stomach. After moving to my glutes, there's been no reaction up to now.
 
This has occurred to me on numerous occasions, though it was with a Mounjaro pen made by EL. After switching to the gray market version, I've had zero issues. A few of those red welts would itch intensely.
 
For me this occurs when tirzepatide is reconstituted with bac water. When I use sterile water instead, it doesn't happen. No other peptides trigger it, and reta combined with bac is fine — there's just something about the tirz and bac blend. You could give sterile water a try and see whether that makes a difference.

Back before I figured out the bac water link, I used to spray flonase on the spot after injecting, and that calmed it down somewhat.
 
TazaTaza said:

Not for me — zero reaction, no bruising, no itch. Honestly it was as if I'd injected water. My setup is nothing special: a no-name generic 6mm 31G noodle off the 'Zon, and it glides in like butter, painless, and drawing or pushing is trouble-free.

I've spent roughly 2 yr in forums and groups focused on the brand-name stuff, and ngl, "histamine reactions" never came up until I wandered into the grey side of things. My gut feeling is that either your batch is bad, your water is bad, or your noodle is bad
Noodle? I'm fairly sure what you meant was needle, unless that's some trendy new slang people are using. 😁
 
lessthanhalf said:

Injection site reactions that stay local are extremely common among people using semaglutide and tirzepatide. For reta, I have not come across as many reports of this online, though since the molecule is almost the same, it stands to reason the same thing could occur with reta too. It has been too long since I went through the studies for me to recall the rate they reported. Usually the culprit is not the bac water — typically it is the drug itself that triggers the immune response.

What gives me some pause about your case is how big the reaction is. The majority of ISR's tend to be on the smaller side. If there is even the faintest sign pointing to a systemic allergic reaction, you should discontinue use, and when the reactions are large you may end up having to stop regardless and move over to tirz. Cross reactions between different GLP's are uncommon, so making the switch ought to resolve it.
Yeah, I'm with you on that! They were pretty big, and they didn't look good at all!
 
Someone I know has been developing huge red welts from the reta, which came from the same batch I have - she attempted every method I could suggest, yet each week the reaction grew more severe, leaving her no choice but to stop using it.
 
Back
Top